WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Journal Entries
    Images

Default Whooo Is going Hik'in tommorrow?

OK the weather's clearing

What are your plans and what do you want to accomplish?
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Me and J5MAN are doing an overniter from Sinking Creek to Trout Creek starting tomorrow AM. I hope not to fall and bust my arse on those slanted rocks up on Sinking Creek Mtn, it looks like it might be wet.
    [COLOR="Blue"]Hokey Pokey [/COLOR]

I'm taking a friend on her first winter hike to Carter Notch Hut Sunday. Hope to accomplish getting her there and back alive and enjoyable enough she will want to do it again.

I'm also hoping this rain and 50 degree temps (sprinter weather as my letter carrier calls it) today didn't ruin the trail or make it too icy.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

The internet is calling and I must go. buff_jeff's Avatar

I wish. There aren't any trailheads close enough to ****sburgh for me to reach...and I have a ton of class work anyway.

Thinking of hitting the AT in CT for a few miles

Images

I've just cancelled my hiking plans. I was supposed to take a small group on a short backpacking trip. The weather is supposed to be pretty awful, so I called off the hike. Not my usual style, but I don't have any taste for getting soaked for no particular reason.
    If not NOW, then WHEN?

ME>GA 2006
    http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?trailname=3277

Instagram hiking photos: five.leafed.clover

Default Well, I'm...

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    OK the weather's clearing

What are your plans and what do you want to accomplish?
    Starting a second AT thruhike in 2 days, having finished thruhiking the Pinhoti Trail.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Marta View Post
    I've just cancelled my hiking plans. I was supposed to take a small group on a short backpacking trip. The weather is supposed to be pretty awful, so I called off the hike. Not my usual style, but I don't have any taste for getting soaked for no particular reason.
    Same here. I was looking forward to Buffalo Mountain Nature Preserve in southern VA, late Saturday, and maybe half a day at Grayson Highlands Sunday (drive back to SC Sunday late) Maybe in the next few weeks
    "Only in the woods can one find solitude without loneliness."-Robert Traver
    Flickr

I just got back!

THE GOOD NEWS IS THAT I'VE BEEN CALLED BACK TO [*]WORK!!!!!!!!!!!![/*]
    Now I have to wait for weekends like everyone else.
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

I will be on the AT south of route 30 in Pa, heading to Harpers Ferry, traveling lite, and starting out in rain, then maybe snow on Sunday.

Doing some trail work on the AT in Maryland.

Wandering Vagabond
    Images

I had to cancell my hiking plans too, due to weather. Here in Georgia there's a huge storm over the area, but we sure need it. We got 1.63 inches of rain yesterday and I bet we get about the same today.

All of us pushed our plans to the following weekend, hope the weather is clear then.

Doing a mud season check of the flagline for a relocated section of GET that we're going to work on in April. But before I get there I need to stop and buy a new toilet. :O

Images

Exclamation Winter Storm Watch VA and MD

For Virginia and Maryland as of today (Saturday Feb 28) there is a winter storm watch, with the possibility of 5 or more inches of snow, from Sunday afternoon into Monday morning. This probably covers more states but I live in VA and our son lives in MD so I only looked at those two. I have a big dinner party planned tomorrow for our daughter's recent engagement and now guests from Maryland may not make it . I'm hoping this is one of those storms that never happens.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Doing Sam's Gap to Devil Fork Gap (8.5 miles) with members of TEHCC and SMHC. Looking like the rain is going to break around noon (I have no qualifications to make that statement other than my best guess of the radar).
    Cabin Fever
    You need God—to hope, to care, to love, to live.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabin Fever View Post
    Doing Sam's Gap to Devil Fork Gap (8.5 miles) with members of TEHCC and SMHC. Looking like the rain is going to break around noon (I have no qualifications to make that statement other than my best guess of the radar).
    you're qualified... meteorologists use tarot cards, not as accurate as radar

Been debating myself- might take the dogs up to Otis, MA for the day tomorrow. Too much to do errand wise today.
    ~CJ aka WritinginCT

"It is never too late to be what you might have been." -George Eliot

Quote Originally Posted by WritinginCT View Post
    Been debating myself- might take the dogs up to Otis, MA for the day tomorrow. Too much to do errand wise today.
    too dang cold today, snow coming tomorrow

We love hiking in the snow! Seriously. The boxers groove on it.

But I would stick closer to home to hike during snow. Guess we'll see what surprises the weather holds for us tomorrow.
    ~CJ aka WritinginCT

"It is never too late to be what you might have been." -George Eliot

Images

Hanging in my hammock, on the porch, watching the water drip off the roof from the 2' of snow on it, testing out quilt and bag for real outdoor use in the woods after all this white stuff goes away...
    Do one thing everyday...that makes you happy...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++