WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Laugh until it hurts, then laugh at that :) adventurousmtnlvr's Avatar
    Images

Default making room for more PM's

wasn't sure where to post this so forgive me in advance if I'm in the wrong place. Since I've been on whiteblaze I've experienced at least 11 people that specifically has problems with PM's filling up and changing to email. I'm sure there are many solutions to include deleteing those you no longer need and getting rid of all sent file since when people write back your original post is normally in there.

I have my own WAY of making room for those I DO WISH to keep on whiteblaze or in another area. I transfer important info to my email by cut/pasting into an email addressed to myself, then I save those to my documents. Another way would be to cut/paste directly into a word processing document and saving those. I often get good info from experienced people on here that I do wish to keep without clogging up my whiteblaze PM's.

So how do you filter yours? Perhaps there is a better way. Keep in mind I am speaking of things I wish to keep ... not read, remember and delete. Thanks for any input

There's also a download private messages tool at the bottom of your private message list. I think the options are xml, cvs, and txt.
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by adventurousmtnlvr View Post
    wasn't sure where to post this so forgive me in advance if I'm in the wrong place. ...
    Here http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=362

Images

thanks to both of you ... this will help me and since I've run into many that had a similar problem ... it will "quietly" help them as well

Images

Default My strategy

Set up email notification for PMs. Create a WhiteBlaze folder in your email software and a rule where all email from [email protected] is routed there. If you want copies of what you send to others, send yourself a BCC. Viola! You have a copy of all your WhiteBlaze correspondence without any of your cutting and pasting.

Images
    Gaiter
    homepage.mac.com/thickredhair
    web.mac.com/thickredhair/AT_Fall_07

Images

Quote Originally Posted by emerald View Post
    Set up email notification for PMs. Create a WhiteBlaze folder in your email software and a rule where all email from [email protected] is routed there. If you want copies of what you send to others, send yourself a BCC. Viola! You have a copy of all your WhiteBlaze correspondence without any of your cutting and pasting.
    I am a paying member, and my wb pm's are going to yahoo; however for me what happens when I save from there is yahoo captures all the rif raf of the entire page rather than the email content only which is not what I wanted. So was moving those to hotmail then saving from there. But now with what Alligator wrote ... it's all in one shot so faster unless you are categorizing saved items to each person or something. Thanks for your input tough It's appreciated. Because everyone has what works for them best ... and I know this thread will help many who did not jump in

Images

May the good Lord help you when your PMs number in the 1000s!

Formerly "Totem"
    Images

I get limiting 60pms to nondonaters, but only 120pms after paying? Yet you allow unlimited picture uploading?

10 high-res pictures occupy more space on your server than the entire stored PMs, no doubt.
    up over the hills, theres nothing to fear
    theres a pub across the way with whisky and beer
    its a lengthy journey on the way up to the top
    but it ain't so bad if you have a great big bottle o'scotch

++ New Posts ++