WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Images

Sly it sounds like you have something up your butt?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by snowhoe View Post
    I dont like gay people unless they are flaming that way I know they are gay. I hate it when they try to hide being gay. I dont really like what they stand for but if one of them where in trouble on the trail I would help them. I tend to try to steer away from the whole thing that way every one is comfortable. I dont like what you stand for and you dont like what I stand for. Good enough for me.
    I guess this is the exception that proves the rule. I suspect that the women he has met over the years have realized that they were lesbians at the same moment he started talking to them. What an amazing coincidence.

Images

Wow its amazing how quick my post gets deleated. Sly you have a problem, your right and everyone is wrong I dont like gays and you are mad about it.

Ever asked yourself why they trouble you so much or does the question hit a little close?

Just askin'.

Surely there are more improtant things to obsess about.

Snowshoe, refer to Goats post #194. That about says it all

Before this thread gets locked - I just wanted to say thanks for everyone's thoughtful answers. I know this was a sensitive subject to bring up. And it was nice to hear that I shouldn't have to worry about them if they choose to make that trek from ME to GA. (lol well no more worrying than normal anyway! )
    ~CJ aka WritinginCT

"It is never too late to be what you might have been." -George Eliot

Wow its amazing how quick my post gets deleated. Sly you have a problem, your right and everyone is wrong I dont like gays and you are mad about it.
    I have a problem? I've met a few gays and not all are flamers like you seem to believe.

Keep making a fool of yourself, it's OK to let everyone know, just in case they have to deal with you in person someday.

Quote Originally Posted by WritinginCT View Post
    Before this thread gets locked - I just wanted to say thanks for everyone's thoughtful answers. I know this was a sensitive subject to bring up. And it was nice to hear that I shouldn't have to worry about them if they choose to make that trek from ME to GA. (lol well no more worrying than normal anyway! )
    YOU NEVER SAID THEY WERE SOUTH BOUNDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!! That changes everything. They should be tarred, feathered drawn and quartered!

Note to moderators:

This is a good thread, and it probably is useful to lots of folks, some of whom probably won't post on the subject, but are interested nonetheless.

Please keep the thread open.

Quote Originally Posted by rockhound View Post
    YOU NEVER SAID THEY WERE SOUTH BOUNDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!! That changes everything. They should be tarred, feathered drawn and quartered!
    eek! My bad- they will be NOBO. I'm the one contemplating a SOBO. bwhahahaha
    ~CJ aka WritinginCT

"It is never too late to be what you might have been." -George Eliot

Christus Cowboy
    Images

Default Needles had pretty good experience in the south

Quote Originally Posted by jersey joe View Post
    I'm not sure that I ever knew or cared to know the orientation of any of the backpackers I met on my thru hike. I doubt that a hiker would have much of a problem on the trail because they were gay. Very unlikely they would have an issue in towns either, though, I suspect there is likely to be more intolerance in the south then in the north.
    The validity of this statement would probably depend on how you define "intolerance".... If you define "intolerance" as just merely disagreeing with a particular lifestyle choice then maybe jersey's point can be made in his reference to the south, but I'm not sure I would want to see it defined so broadly. After all the freedoms we enjoy in this country will ensure that different communities may hold differing opinions about a wide variety of things.... The issue comes into play with how we treat others with divergent points of view.... Do we have the capacity to disagree and still be civil, and extend kindness to a fellow human being in spite of the differences? Or do we become demeaning or commit violence?....

I would agree that the south is generally more conservative on some of these issues but culturally there's a hospitality found in the south that I believe people of all persuasions have found quite refreshing... I'm not posting to debate this point because I'm sure there are notable exceptions both north and south of the Mason/Dixon line. But I'll let Needles make my point for me......

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/show...630#post672630
    Be on the alert, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. Let all that you do be done in love..... 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Images

I think its pretty funny that you all seem to know so much about me and I dont think I have met any of you. I think that the problem with you guys and the liberal media is that as soon as some one says something that you dont like its time to start the bashing fest. I dont care if you like me or not. I believe what I believe and no one is going to change my mind. No matter how much you try to say I am gay. It only makes you look like the one who is gay because you are supporting it.

Images

If you read post 187, one of the guys already got beat up, broken fingers, ribs and a face turned into hamburger, not to mention a night in the ER. And I assume this was in Connecticut since it happened at their community softball game. Southern intolerance, indeed.
    I'm not really a hiker, I just play one on White Blaze.

Images

I think its pretty funny that you all seem to know so much about me and I dont think I have met any of you. I think that the problem with you guys and the liberal media is that as soon as some one says something that you dont like its time to start the bashing fest. I dont care if you like me or not. I believe what I believe and no one is going to change my mind. No matter how much you try to say I am gay. It only makes you look like the one who is gay because you are supporting it.
    This sounds like a case of I'm rubber, yer glue, whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you

AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Wow, intollerance is awesome.
    Don't take anything I say seriously... I certainly don't.

We can only go by what you post and based on that you are a narrow minded, ignorant bigot. It's what happens in cyber world. You might be completely different in person. Who knows? After my posts people peg me as some smartazz, sarcastic, know-it-all kid. Then when they meet me in person they find out I'm actually 41. My advice, live and let live and if anyone meets Snowshoe on the trail be sure to flame it up a little as we now know how much he hates those undercover gays.

Default It's Time To Close It.....

Great thread. It has served it's purpose. Nothing left to be said. Time to close it down.

•Completed A.T. Section Hike GA to ME 1996 thru 2003 •Donating Member Skyline's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Tarlin View Post
    Note to moderators:

This is a good thread, and it probably is useful to lots of folks, some of whom probably won't post on the subject, but are interested nonetheless.

Please keep the thread open.

Couldn't have said it better. Thanks Jack.

Images

It only makes you look like the one who is gay because you are supporting it.
    I don't know, but umm, it seems you may have missed the memo:

BUT ITS 2009, GROW UP
    Gaiter
    homepage.mac.com/thickredhair
    web.mac.com/thickredhair/AT_Fall_07

Snowshoe, There was an incident that happened in your home town several years back. There were a couple of kids who felt ridiculed, persecuted, ostracized to the point where they decided to get revenge on there teachers and fellow students. Imagine if people simply accepted them for who they were and lived and let live. Hate and violence only breeds more hate and violence. Let it go.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
++ New Posts ++