WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

i am not much into Nascar but each his own i say. Football and tennis are my thing... but will watch some baseball too... !go McEnroe..haha... now that was a LONG time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by yappy View Post
    now that was a LONG time ago.
    Don't say that! You're younger than me!
    'All my lies are always wishes" ~Jeff Tweedy~

avatar= bushwhackin' mount kancamagus nh 5-8-04 neighbor dave's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by MOWGLI View Post
    Don't say that! You're younger than me!
    and yer both younger than me
    this ones for mowgli
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDdLm...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPZPU...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by neighbor dave View Post
    and yer both younger than me
    this ones for mowgli
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDdLm...eature=related

Thanks Dave! Quadrophenia!! It doesn't get any better than that in my opinion. It's also the rare band that is comprised of a group of virtuosos like The Who.

Thanks Dave! Quadrophenia!! It doesn't get any better than that in my opinion. It's also the rare band that is comprised of a group of virtuosos like The Who.
    Not being argumentative, but Zep and Rush also popped quickly to mind as bands of virtuosos.
    Yahtzee

Quote Originally Posted by Yahtzee View Post
    Not being argumentative, but Zep and Rush also popped quickly to mind as bands of virtuosos.
    Saw Zeppelin in '77 at MSG. The Who perform Quadrophenia at MSG in the 90s - after Keith Moon was gone. In my opinion, Keith Moon and John Bonham are the two best rock & roll drummers of all time. Hands down.

I'll need to look into Rush more. Several people have been singing their praises to me lately. They never did it for me. Maybe I just need to listen more. My nephew has every CD they've ever made, so that's where I'll start.

Saw Zeppelin in '77 at MSG. The Who perform Quadrophenia at MSG in the 90s - after Keith Moon was gone. In my opinion, Keith Moon and John Bonham are the two best rock & roll drummers of all time. Hands down.

I'll need to look into Rush more. Several people have been singing their praises to me lately. They never did it for me. Maybe I just need to listen more. My nephew has every CD they've ever made, so that's where I'll start.
    I don't remember how we got the tickets, but in 1988 saw Rush at the Sprectrum In Philadelphia. Opening band; Blue Oyster Cult. 2nd row center. Will never forget that show. I think Getty Lee is very talented!
    “If one advances confidently in the direction of one's dreams, and endeavors to live the life which one has imagined, one will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.” Henry David Thoreau

Images

i was at this show knebworth fields, hertfordshire england 1979,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8NXa...eature=related
    an australian guy by the name of mike had an extra ticket, he was working in england as a delivery guy
    saw the who more than once while moon was still alive, one time at the garden (boston) they came out palyed two songs before moon passed out and stopped the show, they came back on april 1st

Images

one of my favorite zep tunes for sure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frAct...eature=related

Images

Quote Originally Posted by joshua5878 View Post
    I don't remember how we got the tickets, but in 1988 saw Rush at the Sprectrum In Philadelphia. Opening band; Blue Oyster Cult. 2nd row center. Will never forget that show. I think Getty Lee is very talented!
    I listen to Rush every weekday on the radio. What a talent!

Journal Entries
    Images

Where I come from, that's called a saxophone. Maybe his threads distracted me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dances with Mice View Post
    Should have put down the guacamole dip. Clarence cowbell at 3:29 or maybe he's playing the percussion sax.

Watch it fast before the NFL realizes its there.
    Ohhh, every body, quick, Mowgli was wrong for once. It might be the only time in our lifetime!

Quote Originally Posted by neighbor dave View Post
    you know what nascar stands for???
    Non
    Athletic
    Sport
    Centered
    Around
    Rednecks

I happen to know some of these guys in NASCAR who work on, build, and service these cars. Let's see you change four tires and put in 23 gallons of gas while other 800 HP cars zing by you inches away in under 14 seconds and then say that the sport is non athletic.

After you do that, let me see you climb in one of those cars where the temps usually top out in the 3 digit range, drive around at 200+ MPH with the tremendous G Forces, and limited oxygen for 500 miles and see how Non athletic that is.

http://ezinearticles.com/?NASCAR---T...ning&id=780036

'nuff said!

Images

I like listening to music and I like watching sports. The thought of allowing someone else to change or influence my preferences for either by negative criticism goes against the fact that I prefer to think for myself.
    That's my dog, Echo. He's a fine young dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldawg View Post
    Ohhh, every body, quick, Mowgli was wrong for once. It might be the only time in our lifetime!
    Whatever you say Junior.

I happen to know some of these guys in NASCAR who work on, build, and service these cars. Let's see you change four tires and put in 23 gallons of gas while other 800 HP cars zing by you inches away in under 14 seconds and then say that the sport is non athletic.

After you do that, let me see you climb in one of those cars where the temps usually top out in the 3 digit range, drive around at 200+ MPH with the tremendous G Forces, and limited oxygen for 500 miles and see how Non athletic that is.

http://ezinearticles.com/?NASCAR---T...ning&id=780036

'nuff said!
    Maybe if they added right turns it might be a bit more interesting.
    Yahtzee

Journal Entries
    Images

Whatever you say Junior.
    I think you have it all wrong. I am Senior. My boy is Junior.

I think you have it all wrong. I am Senior. My boy is Junior.
    They way you suck up, I'm surprised you didn't name him Lone Wolf.

Journal Entries
    Images

They way you suck up, I'm surprised you didn't name him Lone Wolf.

Nah, he is named after his old man. But ya know, one thing is for sure, he ain't named Jeffrey!

Looking for a comfortable cave to habitate jrwiesz's Avatar
    Images

Before Quad, but, worth viewing.

The Who: Live at the Isle of Wight Festival 1970

NR
    The Who was near the height of its powers as one of Britain's greatest hard-rock bands when they played the massive 1970 Isle of Wight Music Festival for an audience of nearly 600,000. Filmmaker Murray Lerner, who captured the festival on film for the documentary Message To Love: The Isle of Wight Festival, focuses exclusively on the Who's set with this film, in which the band took the stage at 2 a.m. and electrified the sleepy crowd. The set includes "I Can't Explain," "My Generation," "Magic Bus," the rarities "Water" and "I Don't Even Know Myself," and a truncated version of the rock opera "Tommy." ~ Mark Deming, All Movie Guide
    Read More
    "For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
    Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by jrwiesz View Post
    Before Quad, but, worth viewing.

The Who: Live at the Isle of Wight Festival 1970

NR
    The Who was near the height of its powers as one of Britain's greatest hard-rock bands when they played the massive 1970 Isle of Wight Music Festival for an audience of nearly 600,000. Filmmaker Murray Lerner, who captured the festival on film for the documentary Message To Love: The Isle of Wight Festival, focuses exclusively on the Who's set with this film, in which the band took the stage at 2 a.m. and electrified the sleepy crowd. The set includes "I Can't Explain," "My Generation," "Magic Bus," the rarities "Water" and "I Don't Even Know Myself," and a truncated version of the rock opera "Tommy." ~ Mark Deming, All Movie Guide
    Read More
    Thanks. I'll have to order that and Quadrophenia from Netflix. Saw Quadrophenia in NYC when it came out. It stars Sting - before he was a star with The Police.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
++ New Posts ++