WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

I thought his performance was boring and rather forgettable except for the crotch slide into the camera, that was priceless. Prince did the best halftime show in recent memory IMO.

Registered User Dances with Mice's Avatar
    Images

Y'all did notice Clarence rocking out on the cowbell, right?
    You never turned around to see the frowns
    On the jugglers and the clowns
    When they all did tricks for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dances with Mice View Post
    Y'all did notice Clarence rocking out on the cowbell, right?
    Where I come from, that's called a saxophone. Maybe his threads distracted me.
    'All my lies are always wishes" ~Jeff Tweedy~

Registered User Dances with Mice's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by MOWGLI View Post
    Where I come from, that's called a saxophone. Maybe his threads distracted me.
    Should have put down the guacamole dip. Clarence cowbell at 3:29 or maybe he's playing the percussion sax.

Watch it fast before the NFL realizes its there.

You never turned around to see the frowns
    On the jugglers and the clowns
    When they all did tricks for you.

Who cares ??! .. My Steelers took it home baby ! what a team, what a city and what a SWEET victory..

Images

Quote Originally Posted by yappy View Post
    Who cares ??! .. My Steelers took it home baby ! what a team, what a city and what a SWEET victory..
    refs all but gave it to 'em.
    "The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive." -TJ

1,630 miles and counting earlyriser26's Avatar
    Images

Bruce should head for the trail after that performance. Lame-O
    There are so many miles and so many mountains between here and there that it is hardly worth thinking about

Quote Originally Posted by earlyriser26 View Post
    Bruce should head for the trail after that performance. Lame-O
    Yeah, his performance was on a par with the refs.

Who would people like to see next year? My guess?

Coldplay

A great arena band with broad appeal to the demographic most sought after by advertisers.
    They don't do it like this anymore:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4mTTigqTSA

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    that's the last freakin' festival i would go to. AMJAM is more my speed. just a few thousand folks http://www.amjam.net/
    Cool. Don't miss the Mule or ex-trucker Jason Isbell. Jason still does most of his DBT stuff. Heard Bloodkin was wasn't too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by max patch View Post
    They don't do it like this anymore:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4mTTigqTSA
    LOL... probably why they never got another Super Bowl. That totally sucked.

Images

Well, they were all neatly dressed. That should count for something.
    I love the smell of esbit in the morning!

I was somewhat disappointed with the performance. Bruce seemed to be out of breath, and in much worse shape than he's been in the past decade. He looked like Tom Jones at times, racking up points on the lame-o-meter.

Granted the vocals weren't very good, but they were live. All of the other halftime shows have been sang over a recorded track, but not this one - it was reportedly a major headache for the organizers to wire it up.

Looking for a comfortable cave to habitate jrwiesz's Avatar
    Images

Who would people like to see next year?
    Robert Plant and Allisyn Krauss. Nuf said.
    "For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
    Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by jrwiesz View Post
    Robert Plant and Allisyn Krauss. Nuf said.
    Saw their show in Chattanooga last year. It was only the third show of the tour. Very good.
    Last edited by MOWGLI; 02-03-2009 at 08:14. Reason: typo

Initial Bonnaroo lineup announcement includes Bruce and Booker T and the Drive by Truckers. Snoop Dog will be in da house too. Plus Wilco and many more. A little something for everyone. Even the 9 Inch Nails fans.

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Phish (2 shows), Beastie Boys, Nine Inch Nails, David Byrne, Wilco, Al Green, Snoop Dogg, Elvis Costello Solo, Erykah Badu, Paul Oakenfold, Ben Harper and Relentless7, The Mars Volta, TV on the Radio, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Gov't Mule, Andrew Bird, Band of Horses, Merle Haggard, MGMT, moe., The Decemberists, Girl Talk, Bon Iver, Béla Fleck & Toumani Diabate, Rodrigo y Gabriela, Galactic, The Del McCoury band, of Montreal, Allen Toussaint, Coheed & Cambria, Booker T & the DBTs, David Grisman Quintet, Lucinda Williams, Animal Collective, Gomez, Neko Case, Down, Jenny Lewis, Santogold, Robert Earl Keen, Citizen Cope, Femi Kuti and the Positive Force The Ting Tings Robyn Hitchcock & The Venus 3 Kaki King Grizzly Bear King Sunny Adé Okkervil River St. Vincent Zac Brown Band Raphael Saadiq Ted Leo and the Pharmacists, Crystal Castles, Tift Merritt, Brett Dennen, Mike Farris and the Roseland Rhythm Revue,Toubab Krewe, People Under The Stairs, Alejandro Escovedo, Vieux Farka Touré, Elvis Perkins, in Dearland, Cherryholmes, Yeasayer, Todd Snider, Chairlift Portugal. The Man. The SteelDrivers, Midnite, The Knux, The Low Anthem, Delta Spirit, A.A. Bondy, The Lovell Sisters, Alberta Cross, More Artists to Be Announced!

Initial Bonnaroo lineup announcement includes Bruce and Booker T and the Drive by Truckers. Snoop Dog will be in da house too. Plus Wilco and many more. A little something for everyone. Even the 9 Inch Nails fans.

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Phish (2 shows), Beastie Boys, Nine Inch Nails, David Byrne, Wilco, Al Green, Snoop Dogg, Elvis Costello Solo, Erykah Badu, Paul Oakenfold, Ben Harper and Relentless7, The Mars Volta, TV on the Radio, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Gov't Mule, Andrew Bird, Band of Horses, Merle Haggard, MGMT, moe., The Decemberists, Girl Talk, Bon Iver, Béla Fleck & Toumani Diabate, Rodrigo y Gabriela, Galactic, The Del McCoury band, of Montreal, Allen Toussaint, Coheed & Cambria, Booker T & the DBTs, David Grisman Quintet, Lucinda Williams, Animal Collective, Gomez, Neko Case, Down, Jenny Lewis, Santogold, Robert Earl Keen, Citizen Cope, Femi Kuti and the Positive Force The Ting Tings Robyn Hitchcock & The Venus 3 Kaki King Grizzly Bear King Sunny Adé Okkervil River St. Vincent Zac Brown Band Raphael Saadiq Ted Leo and the Pharmacists, Crystal Castles, Tift Merritt, Brett Dennen, Mike Farris and the Roseland Rhythm Revue,Toubab Krewe, People Under The Stairs, Alejandro Escovedo, Vieux Farka Touré, Elvis Perkins, in Dearland, Cherryholmes, Yeasayer, Todd Snider, Chairlift Portugal. The Man. The SteelDrivers, Midnite, The Knux, The Low Anthem, Delta Spirit, A.A. Bondy, The Lovell Sisters, Alberta Cross, More Artists to Be Announced!
    Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Mmmmmmmm

Musta notta gotta lotta sleep last night. Heater's Avatar
    Images

Hey Colter. Of the last 6 performers at half time (Bruce, Stones, McCartney, Prince, Tom Petty, and Janet Jackson & Justin Timberlake), IMO only Tom Petty bested Bruce in terms of a performance. He set the standard last year as far as I'm concerned.

What say you?
    Agreed. Tom Petty's was the best halftime show of all of them. Great performer.
    ~~^^^~~^^~^^^~~~^^^^^~^~
    Those who cannot remember the past, are condemned to repeat it.

I hike, therefore I stink.
    Images

I don't get it. Springsteen is mediocre at best. Why all the hype around the guy?
    If you don't have something nice to say,
    Be witty in your cruelty.

Quote Originally Posted by Newb View Post
    I don't get it. Springsteen is mediocre at best. Why all the hype around the guy?
    Jon Pareles - you ain't.

Who would you prefer? Gotta have 3 or 4 anthems and be able to generate a media buzz and excite a huge crowd in-person and on TV. I think Bruce accomplished that goal. Name some alternative artists that could do that.

I was thinking maybe John Fogarty, but he's getting a little long in the tooth.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
++ New Posts ++