WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    TOP 100 GUITAR PLAYERS OF ALL TIME

Jerry at #13

No Nuge or Bruce.

http://www.hotguitarist.com/guitar_a...ar_players.htm

Rolling Stone. what a joke

Bruce Cockburn is a great guitar player. Check him out! A Canadian who is very spiritual.

All "artists" are "spiritual"

Nothing like Canadian rock to kill a good time.
    Yahtzee

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    Rolling Stone. what a joke
    You don't like any mags... here's a critique of the picks

http://www.listology.com/content_sho...ontent_id.9691

Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar

You don't like any mags...

Nobody likes me...

Paul "Mags" Magnanti
    http://pmags.com
    Twitter: @pmagsco
    Facebook: pmagsblog

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

that's nice, but doesn't sound like peeps here need much help wid dat

Alan Collins from Lynyrd Skynyrd is not on the list. He is easily in the top 10. If you ask anyone in the top 5 they would tell you Johnson should be #1. Skynyard paid for his headstone 40 years after he died.

Clyde

Oh yeah, Bruce sucks. The first time I heard him I thought it was one of those songs with the DJ singing making fun of somebody.

For the musically challenged he is the guy in white.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mioGewkWVdo

Clyde

The guy playing the piano died yesterday

Clyde

Quote Originally Posted by DuctTape View Post
    Here drown it out with this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU5zVcB8hsI
    Looks like he belongs on the AT. Welcome Bruce. Hope to run into ya.

Happy hiking.

Quote Originally Posted by rcli4 View Post
    Alan Collins from Lynyrd Skynyrd is not on the list. He is easily in the top 10.
    Hmmm... you wouldn't be saying that because he's a local would you? I got so burnt out by hearing Freebird I can't stand listening to Lynyrd Skynyrd

I knew 3 of them. I knew Curtis Lowe. His name was really Curtis Henderson and he was white. He did teach them to play the blues. They are all dead now but the pervert drummer, Artimus Pyle. He went to jail for molesting his 3 year old grand daughter.

Clyde

Quote Originally Posted by rcli4 View Post
    I knew 3 of them. I knew Curtis Lowe. His name was really Curtis Henderson and he was white. He did teach them to play the blues. They are all dead now but the pervert drummer, Artimus Pyle. He went to jail for molesting his 3 year old grand daughter.

Clyde
    The house band at the bar I ran used to play Freebird as an encore. They played it well, real well and rocked the crowd, but I probably heard it 1000 times. I just wanted the song to end and everyone out.

Another band played Cat Scratch Fever. Can't stand that any more other.

No one, I repeat no one, holds a candle to the greaest american artist John Prine.
    My guns are not as dangerous as Ted Kennedy's car

He is good, and not on the list. The list sucks almost as much as Bruce :>))

Clyde

no D Gilmour either

Images

okay okay! it was like three weeks ago that i listened to the podcast with "Baltimore Jack" Tarlin for the first time. needless to say we all judge books by their covers.
    guilty. ive seen his name thrown around on WB and some shelter logs for years, never knowing who he was. i saw his picture (that really famous one he has) when i got my first hit of WB, and the only thing i could say to myself was "aarrrgghhh this guys a pirate or something." (no offense Mr Tarlin!)
    so getting back to the podcast he did with Ms. Janet i heard...words cannot describe how f***ing blown away i was by this guy's genius, what he had to say about the trail and about life in general, how articulate he was, and his shear humor. i was so blown away that i face booked him, and i'm actually trying to hike a few miles with him when he gets to Virginia.
    and to be honest, YOUR ALL rock stars to me! all of you- that get to hike the trail in its entirety, experience the dynamic of nature for that length of time, find commradarie (sp?) on the trail and keep those friends for the rest of your lives. i mean, i have gotten to experience the trail and trail life first hand maybe two and a half weeks, split up, of course. otherwise, i live and feel the trail vicariously through you guys. whether i meet a thru hiker out in the element, or im addicted like crack to this website, or i'm just working or in class, going through the motions, i''m thinking about all of you:
    Lone Wolf and everyone down in Damascus- he seems like such a cool guy, and what a great town to live in. and i cant wait to make my way down there and meet him and buy him a beer.
    Baltimore Jack- larger than life, an entity, hilarious, lasagna fabricator. genuine.
    i cant wait to meet you when you get to Virginia and do some miles and chew the fat.

you're ALL famous to me. sometimes i feel like my friends really aren't my friends. not many of them, no, none of them enjoy the adventure i seek. it seems as if im destine to meet you all, people whom i share the common love of the trail, of any trail.

i know that i'm young, and i've made some dumb ass posts on here, and prob pissed some of you off; but i want you all to know that i respect you ALL.

im rambling now, sorry. it seems that the love of the trail and all of you have seen me through some tough times recently here, and you all would have no idea what i've been having to deal with. but i'm growing, and finding myself, and i hope that in the next two years i will see the trail in its entirety, and meet all of you.

i know that this has not come out the way i've wanted it, i really have so much more to say, my friends! but ive wanted to make this post for a long long time. thanking all of you for always being there for me.

sentimentality. there's nothing wrong with it.

thanks again everyone

Images

Steve Earle. Can't sing either but I like him.
    I love the smell of esbit in the morning!

no nick. we love YOU!

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++