WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    ted rules. you know nothin'
    Not a matter of knowing, a matter of having ears that work. Dude is a joke to rock fans. A laughingstock. That is why he rebranded himself as a chicken hawk. Rock fans caught on fast to his "schtick".
    Yahtzee

Quote Originally Posted by Yahtzee View Post
    Not a matter of knowing, a matter of having ears that work. Dude is a joke to rock fans. A laughingstock. That is why he rebranded himself as a chicken hawk. Rock fans caught on fast to his "schtick".
    you know nothin'

Images

you guys are ****ing hilarious, thanks for the laugh
    Gaiter
    homepage.mac.com/thickredhair
    web.mac.com/thickredhair/AT_Fall_07

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiter View Post
    you guys are ****ing hilarious, thanks for the laugh
    you're welcome HS

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Blazer View Post
    You are right. I just read the lyrics. I didn't realize he hated the USA. Figures.
    You have to understand that Born in the USA came out in 84, a time when there were alot of working class people out of work with little prospects of finding anything that paid a living wage, and a president and government that didn't give a crap. Their solution was "trickle down economics" which trust me, didn't trickle very far.

Wow, what a great thread.

Am at work and have no time but will surely comment tomorrow.

For the moment, am amazed nobody's mentioned the album "Nebraska."

Doesn't get any better than that one.

I didn't even respond to the whole "hated the USA" BS. What I find amusing is that so many politicians wanted to use that song without even being able to figure out what it was about. Nothing wrong with pointing out the politicians sold out Vietnam Vets when they came home. Unless, of course, you're a politician running for office. Oh, the irony is juicy.

Ted Nugent is a charicature. Give me a camera and an editing room and I can make myself look like a survivalist tough guy, too. And, dear god, don't play any of his "music". At least Alice Cooper had a sense of humor. And a great golf game, to boot. Teddy boy is living in the seventies. The only time he was ever relevant.
    Yahtzee

Images

Work!
    I love the smell of esbit in the morning!

Nugent rules. you know nothin'

There was a reality show a few years ago about a "superstar" rock band. Nugent played lead guitar. They were BEYOND hideous. It was unwatchable, and heaven help you if you undid the mute button.

If I only know one thing in this life, it is that Ted Nugent is a no-talent ass clown. Of that I am sure. The rest of the cosmos is up for debate. But that is a certainty upon which civilizations could be founded. Ted Nugent sucks.
    Yahtzee

It always amazes me when I hear people say a fairly well known musician sucks.

I may not like someone's music but I respect their talent, and if you're commenting on a musician here on a hiking forum, well, they've done something with their career to merit attention, while we just post away.

I had the chance to sit in and jam with Elton John once. I'm not a fan of his music, but the guy is a great musician. It was a blues jam, and he knocked us all out with his chops. Great night.

Ted rules. Garcia was a hideous druggie

Quote Originally Posted by Yahtzee View Post
    If I only know one thing in this life, it is that Ted Nugent is a no-talent ass clown. Of that I am sure. The rest of the cosmos is up for debate. But that is a certainty upon which civilizations could be founded. Ted Nugent sucks.
    Ted's great. you don't know music

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Tarlin View Post

For the moment, am amazed nobody's mentioned the album "Nebraska."

Doesn't get any better than that one.
    You mean that crummy old demo tape?

Crummy old demo tape?

Seems to me you were still filling up plastic pants when the record first came out.

So whaddyou know?

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    Ted's great. you don't know music
    Nuh uh.

Again, whatever I may lack in musical knowledge I more than make up for in ability to hear. I hear Ted's music. It sucks. Giant donkey b*lls.

Nebraska is good, but it puts me to sleep. Again, I prefer the folk stuff on Greetings.
    Yahtzee

Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar

It is indeed a demo tape. But it was the rawness, starkness and lack of polish that made it so great. The powers the be actually made a good decision and decided it was fine as is.

Damn good album, at least imo.
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti
    http://pmags.com
    Twitter: @pmagsco
    Facebook: pmagsblog

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by MOWGLI View Post
    There was a reality show a few years ago about a "superstar" rock band. Nugent played lead guitar. They were BEYOND hideous. It was unwatchable, and heaven help you if you undid the mute button.
    Damn Yankees?

Quote Originally Posted by Mags View Post
    It is indeed a demo tape. But it was the rawness, starkness and lack of polish that made it so great. The powers the be actually made a good decision and decided it was fine as is.

Damn good album, at least imo.
    Other than Atlantic City, I never much cared for Nebraska. I prefer acoustic music, but I don't think that's Bruce's strong suit. I like him electric.

Speaking of "Atlantic City", The Band covered that tune about a decade ago. If you don't own it, spend .99 and buy it on iTunes. While you're there, plunk .99 more cents down and buy "Blind Willie McTell".

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++