WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I have a Hilleberg Akto and it is perfect for me and my pup. She sleeps in the vestibule on her pad. If it gets really cold she comes inside with me. The vestibule has a floor (the groundcloth) which works out great. Couldn't be happier with this tent.

I have a 70 lb shepard and lab mix, the tent i use is eurek backcounrty solo, i got the mountain smith pad for dogs, it great nylon on one side and fleece on the other, total set up $160. Im 6'5 and the dog sleeps at my feet on her pad with no problem.

I have a dog that is a little bit bigger then a beagle. She is half chow, half beagle actually. Anyhow she fits fine in with me in my Seedhouse SL1. I just cut a piece of blue foam down to her size and that is her sleeping pad, just like mine. The only problem is that sometimes during the summer she can get a TON OF TICKS on the A.T. and you can feel them crawling all over you, which sucks. But I had to let her in my tent as there were coyotes hovering all around my camp site all night howling into the night. Coyotes think dogs are snickers bars.

Images

My 70 lb dog and I use the Hubba Hubba 2 man tent. It works well for us.

I'm not really a hiker, I just play one on White Blaze.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Incahiker View Post
    I have a dog that is a little bit bigger then a beagle. She is half chow, half beagle actually. Anyhow she fits fine in with me in my Seedhouse SL1. I just cut a piece of blue foam down to her size and that is her sleeping pad, just like mine. The only problem is that sometimes during the summer she can get a TON OF TICKS on the A.T. and you can feel them crawling all over you, which sucks. But I had to let her in my tent as there were coyotes hovering all around my camp site all night howling into the night. Coyotes think dogs are snickers bars.
    off topic: Frontline! We did a 50 mile hike last June in NC. I had read here before the hike that ticks were bad, so treated the dog with Frontline and her pack, our clothing and gear with permethrin. The only tick we saw on the entire trip was a dead tick in her fur Scott found in the truck on the way home......
    Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++