WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Geargia was wet!
    Virginia was hot and humid and very very dry
    NC/TN was awesome, great weather, still a little chilly at night
    PA was cloudy, afternoon storms alot
    NY was really hot
    Mass and CT were wet
    Vermont was nicknamed Vermud!
    NH was AWESOME, great weather.
    Maine was wet. i think we got the leavings of something like 3 tropical storms and hurricanes??

But I believe, yes I believe, I said I believe
    Images

Sure felt like it rained a lot, I know it did when I was in VT and ME.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by DavidNH View Post
    well in the northern New England states (VT, NH, ME) the summer months of June, July, August where amongst the wettest on record. I think Northern NH and ME had rain every day for 20 days in June, or perhaps July. Not steady rain but thunderstorms that would drop buckets (of rain).

I would say that June is typically wet or at least moist. August normally is much drier.

One difference between east and west.. the air out west is dry (like what 30 % rel humidity?) typically in summer here in east it is far more humid (say 60-70 % humidity. I can't even imagine how god awful humid it must be in the deep south in summer.

David
    I was in ME when it was doing that. I was on a 2 week backpacking course. Everyday out of no where rain just was pouring. everything was soken wet by the first night. after that i gave up trying to stay dry. i didnt even use my rain gear. i just kept my pack dry so that didnt weigh a ton. the trail was like a river in most areas. i had to forge 2 streams that were usually bone dry. But they were up to my waist. I considered that fun.

Images

GA was cold (low 20's at night) w/ lite snow. - March

NC/TN was cold and wet. Sunshine would come out every other day though - March/April

VA was hot and humid.dry most of the time. A few strong storms - May/June/July

WV/MD/PA/NJ/NY was hot. humid, but not as bad as down south. Dry for the most part. Water was scarce in PA - July/August

CT/MA/VT were cooler temps for the most part. Mosquitos were horrible in MA. Water sources were fine, but we had almost no rain. - August/September

NH had absolutely perfect weather. Sushine and temps in the 60's-70's. - Sept.

ME...rain and temps in the 40's the first ten days of our hike into Maine. Strong storms on Saddleback Mt. Most of the time Maine was cold, overcast, and wet. - October

Images

I started at Springer that year in late March and for 19 It was miserable out of 26 days from Springer to Hot Springs, we had rain, snow, sleet, wind and temps from the 30's to the 70's. We even had blizzard conditions going into Fontana. It was miserable, but I enjoyed it just the same.
    Gypsy 04

Images

I started at Springer that year in late March and for 19 out of 26 days from Springer to Hot Springs, we had rain, snow, sleet, wind and temps from the 30's to the 70's. We even had blizzard conditions going into Fontana. It was miserable, but I enjoyed it just the same.
    Gypsy 04

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++