WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Seeking the light that unites us all... Tudor's Avatar
    Images

Default Merrell hiking vote

I am a huge Merrell shoe/boot fan. I am curious as to the mileage others have gotten with any style Merrell on the AT. It seems mine seem to last longer hiking than casual living.

I had a pair of chameleon's last all of Maine and part of New Hampshire and also 3 months of casual living before I retired them, on the other hand I have a pair of CT marquis' that are falling apart after only 3 months of casual living, no hiking.
    "Off the beaten path I reign!
    Roamer, Wanderer, Nomad, Vagabond, call me what you will..."
    -Metallica

"You're a mountain, I'd like to climb. Not to conquer, but to share in the view!"
    -Incubus-

I like Merrell too. They seem to fit me the best. I've been wearing trail shoes for years but due to an ankle injury I just got a new pair of lightweight Merrell boots at REI. Haven't tried them yet.

Images

I wear men's Merrells-my flat feet like the wideness of the toe area.

I'm about due for my new pair though, I've been wearing these sectioning since 2006

I bought my first Merrells last September halfway through my Long Trail end-to-end hike. I cut down my mileage the first 2 days because the boots were pinching my toes but that was all it took for break-in; by the third day, I was striding and since then, I've had no problems.

As to mileage, I've only hiked about 300 miles with them but they seem durable.

Images

merrills...i love my pair...wore same style from springer to damascus before i bought a trail runner, but i bet'cha i coulda gotten at least another couple hundred out of'em...good shoe...
    Check out my website: www.serialhiking.com

The only shoe I wear on the trail or off.

Registered User Kaptain Kangaroo's Avatar
    Images

Default Yeah !

Yep, Merrell's are great. I wore Mesa Ventilator II's on my thru & they lasted 1200 miles, & then only changed them as the sole was getting a little soft.... otherwise they probably would have done another 500-600.
    They have discontinued this style though
    good fit & well made.

Cheers,

Kaptain

Springer to Elk Park, NC/Andover to Katahdin
    Images

Just bought my first pair of Merrell's. Wish I had discovered them at least a year or two ago. That's how long I have suffered with uncomfortable shoes because of Morton's Neuroma in my right foot which is also wider than my left. If I bought shoes wide enough for my right they would be too wide for my left heel. Just got a pair of Merriell Moab Ventilators wide and the have more room in the toe box of any shoe I have tried, yet they fit in the heel area also.
    I am not young enough to know everything.

I bought a pair of Chameleons size 11. Hiked in them one day they were killing my feet. Found out they were a woman's 11. Anyone want them? Great shoe I am wearing a men's 11 right now!

I started at Springer and replaced them at Kincora Hostel. Three days later I stripped the toe protection off. In Perisburg, VA I found that I enjoyed a shoe with a thicker sole.
    Zeke

Captain Ozzie

Hate merralls, they were falling apart after 70 miles in VT...VT with rolling grassy hills..the chameleons grips suck I broke 2 trekking poles while crossing streams and slipping on flat rocks. Switched to Garmonts and they last to GA through a month and a half of snow...wore them today hiking... The merralls hurt my feet the whole time as well, I bought them because I read all these reviews of how comfy they are...probably people that use them to lounge around the house. Would never pay a dime for merralls again.

++ New Posts ++