WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ScareBear View Post
    Wow. Those are the most expensive sandals I've ever seen! $70 bucks for a piece of sole and two feet of webbing...
    Makes Chacos at $95 seem inexpensive.

I just loosen up my trail runners and maybe take my socks off.

I will be wearing uneek by keen. Camp shoe but also plan to hike in during rain wet shoes are not comfortable. could not hike in crocks on my last thru.

Cheap pool shoes. Total weight is 2oz. Buy several and have them shipped along your trail.

I found that at the end of the day I wanted loose fitting shoes with soles for my aching feet. Minitonka mics worked for me. Heavy tho😕

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    Miles to go before I sleep. R. Frost

another vote for xero huaraches, mine weigh 4 oz and are quite comfortable, very cheap at < 25$

XeroShoesColors600-120x120.jpg

https://xeroshoes.com/shop/diy-kits/...HdwaAlB88P8HAQ

I was originally going to go with Crocs for my camp shoes but then I decided to just go barefoot around camp instead. I'll report back soon how this goes.

Btw, I also own a pair of Xero DIY kit sandals. They offer zero protection from bugs but if you want comfort and breathability and super lightweight like what just over 3 ounces. Cheaper than Crocs as well and fold up pretty small.

Has anyone tried Coo & Moo? I can't find a weight for them. Looking for something lighterweight, inexpensive, and less space-occupying than my crocs, but still with a reasonable sole.

https://www.amazon.com/Coo-Mo-Womens.../dp/B01GFMDMOM

Quote Originally Posted by hyperjo View Post
    Has anyone tried Coo & Moo? I can't find a weight for them. Looking for something lighterweight, inexpensive, and less space-occupying than my crocs, but still with a reasonable sole.

https://www.amazon.com/Coo-Mo-Womens.../dp/B01GFMDMOM
    I bought these from Amazon - looks like the Coo & Moo. Aleader Men's Pull-On Water Shoes Green 10 D(M) US https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D7IJ9D0..._y6DfTzwJ6uM2Y

Weight is about 9-10 oz per pair (estimate). They smell like chemicals and rubber but eventually airs out. Comfortable like my crocs. Not sure if they float or not like crocs. Not sure how durable they will be but for the price you can't go wrong.

I have a pair of "canoeing" shoes that look to be similar. Not much sole to them and Euro sizing so they are (too) narrow (for me) and therefore long.
    Miles to go before I sleep. R. Frost

Thanks! I ordered a pair. Will post back after I've worn them.

Dollar Store flipflops break and crocs are way (way) too heavy. Xero Shoes makes an ultralight sandal that gets good reviews. I bought a pair for a thru-hike of the Smokies later this spring.

Images

I have the Xero Z-Trail. I got them for a camp shoe. Now I think I am also going to try and hike with them.

I've been using a pair of Nike sandels I got for 3 bucks at a yard sale for a while. Light and do the job

Quote Originally Posted by ImAfraidOfBears View Post
    another vote for xero huaraches, mine weigh 4 oz and are quite comfortable, very cheap at < 25$

XeroShoesColors600-120x120.jpg

https://xeroshoes.com/shop/diy-kits/...HdwaAlB88P8HAQ

My choice as well.

Images

Good Croc knockoff's are Aah! Comfort at 9.0 oz. per pair for men's size 12. I actually had to hike about 25 miles in these last summer in Maine when my Hoka One One ATR Challenger II's fell apart in less than a week after coming out of the box. I have worn the Aah! Comforts as around the house shoes the rest of this year and plan on taking them again this summer back up to Maine/NH/VT. At 9.0 oz per pair they are a good bit under the 14 oz. per pair of real Croc size 12. I like having the toe protection of the Croc design. They are awesome for going uphill within reason. Your feet feel weightless. They are OK for flat trail. However, not so good for downhill. I have to curl my big toe up for downhill. An Amazon link is below. $12.95.

I always want to cut camp shoes to save weight. However, I do end up really using them as noted above, so they stay for many of my longer trips.

https://www.amazon.com/Mens-Navy-Gar...ort&th=1&psc=1

You guys talked me out of taking any camp shoes. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by happypad View Post
    You guys talked me out of taking any camp shoes. Thanks
    I am on the trail and rarely have I worn any shoes around camp. If you wear shoes during the day while hiking then taking them off at camp is probably the best feeling you will have all day.

I go completely barefoot and only dislike it when I have to go off into the distance to use the bathroom as then you are stepping on sticks and other nonsense but I've never got hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I picked up some of the Dawgs brand Hounds from WalGreens this afternoon and found that they are both very light and comfy. Probably worth the weight penalty. I would recommend that you try them on rather than just order based on your show size. I typically wear a size 12 shoe but, ended up with the 10/11 Dawgs.

Birkenstock essentials. Less than 8 ounces a pair in size 9.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
++ New Posts ++