WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Images

Bearwalker, I think you summited with my buddies D-Wreck and the Vermont Mafia. The mafia four hiked together all the way, amazing!

Just fot the Hurd Brook register mailed back to me by Blueberee. . . thanks!!! Even had an entry by Red Hat.
    It's fun to get regeisters back, got the Wadleigh Stream register sent back to me in 06' - fun to read the entries of people you met along the way.

Images

Cool! I try to sign registers whenever I can. Usually I'm dead tired by the time I reach a shelter area. I pitch my tent and sleep, then get up and sign the next morning. Did I tell you I stayed in your suite at Shaw's?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Bearwalker View Post
    Congrate's all you sobo's hitting Springer soon! Dig it baby!!!
    Congradulations to you

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    Cool! Did I tell you I stayed in your suite at Shaw's?
    We now have that sign hung up here in our bedroom. Going down to visit Dawn and co. in Bradenton for a week in Feb. I love those Shaw's folks.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by warraghiyagey View Post
    Congrats brother - how's about a SOBO recap/update from the late June Katahdin crew - who else is still out/finished already?

yo guys just got back a few days ago from Georgia. Had a good crew of people who finished on the 18th. Walking up the last mile it was Muffin Man, Brown Toe, Mr Nice Guy, Mousetrap and Limenade and on the way up we ran into Lt. Dan, Waterloo and Cripple who turned around and hung out some more on top. Also Cardshark was there...he finished before Thanksgiving but made it up there that day since he hiked with the majority of people I mentioned over the past 6 months. Also there was a Sobo from last year who met Mousetrap 2 days before and showed up on top with some champagne.

It was a real good time. Everyone was all hammered and happy despite the fact that the weather sucked.

Yo Bearwalker!!! I was trying to catch up with you but never could...glad to see you finished.

Cheesewhiz

Images

Anyone know what happened to Mousetrap? His trailjournal is not posted anymore..

Images

Is he one of the Mikes that started on July 1?

Anyone know when Grizz finished with his group. we met them in Nov at Overmountain? Congrats SOBO's you did it!!!

Section Hiking to Maine. little bear's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Chaco View Post
    Anyone know when Grizz finished with his group. we met them in Nov at Overmountain? Congrats SOBO's you did it!!!

hey chaco,
    Grizz, Earthworm and Superman finished Nov 23, grizz sent me an email. hope you have been doing well.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Images

Red Hat - Mousetrap's name is Mike federlie ( spelling? ) Not sure when he started but he went home for a couple of weeks and we met him in CT when he re-started.

He had a Trailjournal going but it 's gone now..

I am still out going SOBO up in NJ.

~Z

Images

Is he one of the Mikes that started on July 1?
    Quote Originally Posted by adamkrz View Post
    Red Hat - Mousetrap's name is Mike federlie ( spelling? ) Not sure when he started but he went home for a couple of weeks and we met him in CT when he re-started.

He had a Trailjournal going but it 's gone now..
    Mousetrap started on July 1st.

Images

Thanks guys, he is the one I was thinking of, but his Trailjournal is gone now... wonder why? He finished! I was pretty embarrased about only doing 10 days in Maine instead of a complete SOBO but left mine up. I guess folks are getting pretty used to me not getting where I plan on my hikes. Next time I won't give any detail, I'll just start hiking. Anyway, congrats to everyone who finished!

Images

I ran inbto Brother Sister team SOBO in MD back around the start of October. I cannot rmember their names, but they're were also at least 4-5 other SOBo's thatI ran into over 3-4 days. One had a big garish colored fuzzy stuffed animal on his pack which I found amusing. Anybody have any updates on either the Bro/Sis or the big stuffed animal hiker?
    .....Someday, like many others who joined WB in the early years, I may dry up and dissapear....

If we are talking about the same kids, their trailnames are Timber for the brother and Mountaingoat for his sister. I believe they were from Chicago. We enjoyed meeting them and the group hiking with them. Great bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiwix View Post
    I am still out going SOBO up in NJ.

~Z
    Eric, great to hear you're still out there! Good luck on the rest. Can't believe you're still out in all this crazy weather!
    Will I ever get to where I am going? If I do, will I know when I am there?

Thanks guys, he is the one I was thinking of, but his Trailjournal is gone now... wonder why? He finished! I was pretty embarrased about only doing 10 days in Maine instead of a complete SOBO but left mine up. I guess folks are getting pretty used to me not getting where I plan on my hikes. Next time I won't give any detail, I'll just start hiking. Anyway, congrats to everyone who finished!
    Well if you started in that mess in Maine with the SOBO's we met, I dont much blame ya for dropping. What was it 21 of 23 days in Maine with rain??

Images

Well, I quit after 10 days, and 8 of them had rain. Since I'm slow, I was always the last one in and never found a decent spot to pitch my Rainbow. Got wet a lot... Still wish I'd gone on instead of quitting...

Images

Quote Originally Posted by rainmaker View Post
    If we are talking about the same kids, their trailnames are Timber for the brother and Mountaingoat for his sister. I believe they were from Chicago. We enjoyed meeting them and the group hiking with them. Great bunch.
    Yes, Tmber and Mountaingoat. Thanks. When I ran into them (separately) I asked her they had just gotten on the trail (In MD) as she smelled so good/loked so fresh. She laughed and said she had just gotten some great TM with a trip to WalMart. Both seemed very nice.
    .....Someday, like many others who joined WB in the early years, I may dry up and dissapear....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++