WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Parking/Shuttle info for Dennis Cove Rd

Looking for helpful info as I plan a 3 day trip originating at Hwy421/Low Gap and terminating at Dennis Cove Rd. Is there a good place to leave a car at DCR and what shuttle options are available to get me to my trailhead at 421? It's about 35 trail miles but how long does it take to drive it on the road. I'm looking at some dates about a week prior to Christmas. Probably have a few friends join me so not sure yet about vehicle capacity. Info greatly appreciated and always found the feedback on the TN & SW VA sections to be spot on!

Thanks,
    mike

call Bob Peoples at Kincora Hostel on Dennis Cove Rd. for your parking and shuttle needs. 423-725-4409

Registered User Tennessee Viking's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by ponyVet66 View Post
    Looking for helpful info as I plan a 3 day trip originating at Hwy421/Low Gap and terminating at Dennis Cove Rd. Is there a good place to leave a car at DCR and what shuttle options are available to get me to my trailhead at 421? It's about 35 trail miles but how long does it take to drive it on the road. I'm looking at some dates about a week prior to Christmas. Probably have a few friends join me so not sure yet about vehicle capacity. Info greatly appreciated and always found the feedback on the TN & SW VA sections to be spot on!

Thanks,
    mike
    I can do Dennis Cove to 421 in about 40 minutes, as long as my Highway Patrol friends are not watching the roads. lol If weather is snowy or icy, TN91 (Cross Mtn) & 421 (Holston Mtn) can close.

Expect the springs from TN91 to Pond Mtn Wilderness to be low to dry. Expect on keeping a water cache at TN91, and possibly Watauga/Wilbur Dam Road. Even though there has been recent rain & snowfall, water levels are still low.

Call Bob at Kincora 423-725-3039. He has the hauling capacity for a large group. I should actually see Bob tomorrow.

If its a small group of 2-3, I am also available.
    ''Tennessee Viking'
    Mountains to Sea Trail Hiker & Maintainer
    Former TEHCC (AT) Maintainer

Thanks guys. I'll make the call today.

++ New Posts ++