WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Hollywood

Journal Entries
    Images

Default Hollywood

Anyone know Hollywood, he was just here and hiked out yesterday.....

yeah. i picked him up saturday hitchin'. he was finishing up a yo-yo hike. was a war correspondent in iraq.

If this is the same Hollywood we met in NH, he had a different story for everyone he met. He told one of us, he started in Harper's Ferry, told another hiker he started in MA and told the rest of us he started at Springer. In conversations about his off trail life we have heard everything from a multi-millionaire who made his millions by flipping houses in LA to a Iraq war veteran (first Gulf war not this one) to independently wealthy. He also claimed to have hiked 50+ miles in the heart of the White Mountains in one day. Add to that, when Daisy asked him some questions, he didn't know what blue blazing or yellow blazing was and then got really angry and almost aggresive when questioned further. I don't know if we are talking about the same person, but that is the guy I know who goes by that name. Hope that helps.

- Hot Cheese

AT 4000+, LT, FHT, ALT Blissful's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

Guess that's why his name is Hollywood.

Hiking Blog
    AT NOBO and SOBO, LT, FHT, ALT
    Shenandoah NP Ridgerunner, Author, Speaker

We have a Hollywood here in Roanoke that hangs out at Corned Beef at the pool tables looking kind of sad.....I wonder if that's the same one?
    [COLOR="Blue"]Hokey Pokey [/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Cheese View Post
    If this is the same Hollywood we met in NH, he had a different story for everyone he met. He told one of us, he started in Harper's Ferry, told another hiker he started in MA and told the rest of us he started at Springer. In conversations about his off trail life we have heard everything from a multi-millionaire who made his millions by flipping houses in LA to a Iraq war veteran (first Gulf war not this one) to independently wealthy. He also claimed to have hiked 50+ miles in the heart of the White Mountains in one day. Add to that, when Daisy asked him some questions, he didn't know what blue blazing or yellow blazing was and then got really angry and almost aggresive when questioned further. I don't know if we are talking about the same person, but that is the guy I know who goes by that name. Hope that helps.

- Hot Cheese
    Who are you to judge the guy? If that is the same guy? He might feel like slandering you too,think about it it before you hang him.

I am sorry you see it as slander. I was just reiterating what I knew about the Hollywood we met. It is only slander if what I am saying is false. Secondly, I did say in my post, IF it is the same guy, maybe you didn't read my post accurately. And thirdly, chill out man, you are awful wound up. I was just responding to a post asking if anyone knew a Hollywood and I did. Jeez !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Cheese View Post
    I am sorry you see it as slander. I was just reiterating what I knew about the Hollywood we met. It is only slander if what I am saying is false. Secondly, I did say in my post, IF it is the same guy, maybe you didn't read my post accurately. And thirdly, chill out man, you are awful wound up. I was just responding to a post asking if anyone knew a Hollywood and I did. Jeez !!!
    can you describe him?

He is young, between 30-40 years old. Full head of hair. I would say he is good looking, atleast to me, kinda intense eyes and very high energy, talk a little fast. Lots of talk about his speed and miles. No accent that I could detect. He was on the Presidential Range, mid to late August.

same guy i met.

Good old Hollywood. It's not lying if he said it on the AT. If you were impressed or amused all the better. If you emoted then he won.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    same guy i met.
    sounds like the sam guy and he told me he worked for the state department in iraq i think as an interpeter and he spoke two or three different languages...........it don't matter though, i liked the guy.......

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Hikerhead View Post
    We have a Hollywood here in Roanoke that hangs out at Corned Beef at the pool tables looking kind of sad.....I wonder if that's the same one?
    I heard he is a good pool player.

Thumbs up Hollywood

My group meet with Hollywood and had a great time. He really helped us, in that he prevented us from hiking in bad weather and told us to hunker down with him. We listened to him and hung out in a light rain and heavy wind playing music. He was very concerned with our safety and hindsight tells me I should of stayed because of wet feet that became cold wet feet. Anyway Hollywood was teeterinng with the idea of hiking with us out of concern for our safety. Hollywood is top notch in my book of 44 yrs. The kind of guy you want in your bunker if the **** goes down. I will let you know if he contacts me or anyone from my group.

Oh, we also kept hiking into highwinds and snow(which is what Hollywood was concerned about.) and it snowed 4 inches. That night was hard on all of us but we just hunkered down in the Douglas furs and got in our tents and bags and tried to sleep. We all had good bags and my feet and core temp was OK but it was some seriously high winds.

I ended up taking my 12 yr old son out via the service road at the stands with my friends, brothers truck. The rest of the crew stayed and the weather eased up a bit it was definately still cold.

We ran into Hollywood as he was leaving town and he was so relieved that we were ok. He said that he hadn't prayed for a long time, but that he was praying hard for us the night we spent in the storm. That was really nice to meet someone who was sincerely concerned for your safety.

Hollywood, if you read this, thanks brother.

Journal Entries
    Images

No matter what the real deal is about Hollywood, he is a good guy.......

I agree.......

Default I third that emotion...

Hollywood was very kind and entertaining. After providing him some magic I gave him my business card and told him to call if HE needed anything. He ended up calling and leaving a voicemail because he was worried about MY well being when the weather turned nasty.

Hollywood is a class act.
    History will not judge us on our so called "progress," but on what we allow to endure.

Hollywood was one of the last guys I hiked with before I left the trail 2 weeks ago.

I met him the first time in NH when he was northbound at Mizpah hut I believe. If I recall correctly that was the day he pulled a 50, and I believe he really did. I ran into him again in Shenendoah National Park on his SB stretch.

He told me he has a masters in I forget what and he worked for the state department in iraq. He always talked about how much hes traveled and seen the world. It seemes extravagent but then you talk to someone whos been to the same place and he really knows the area.

Hollywood was quite a guy.

++ New Posts ++