WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by curtisvowen View Post
    I've only been to the Paddler's Pub maybe 5 times in 15 years, the last time was last year. I don't do bars/pubs, not my thing.
    No way did you talk to me, nor am I closed and have stopped shuttles.
    I'll be in Hot Springs today Oct 16 on a shuttle, 3p.m.
    email:
    [email protected]
    Whew! Good to hear it! Looking forward to staying with you again when I get my hubby to hike the Smokies!
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Springer to Elk Park, NC/Andover to Katahdin
    Images

I've only been to the Paddler's Pub maybe 5 times in 15 years, the last time was last year. I don't do bars/pubs, not my thing.
    email:
    [email protected]
    Sure am glad. Planning on stopping by for a visit one day the last week in October. Stayed with you 2 nights in May 2006 (2 ole farts and grandson. You shuttled us to Hot Springs). Have you heard from Sproket?
    I am not young enough to know everything.

Section by Section
    Images

email:
    [email protected]
    Glad to hear it Curtis. You have a twin who answers to Curtis and knew exactly what I was talking about. I sure hate that I caused all this false alarm, but I only posted because I was concerned. I used your shuttle services last year and hope to do so again.

In case you're interested, the fella even named Maria by name without me asking him. He also used your business name without my prompting as well. Sounds as if he knows you (or at least OF you) and was hoping to spread some bad news.

Again, sorry to stir up this pot.
    Midway Sam
    AT Section Hiker

"Adventure is not outside man; it is within." ~ Georg Eliot

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Midway Sam View Post
    Glad to hear it Curtis. You have a twin who answers to Curtis and knew exactly what I was talking about. I sure hate that I caused all this false alarm, but I only posted because I was concerned. I used your shuttle services last year and hope to do so again.

In case you're interested, the fella even named Maria by name without me asking him. He also used your business name without my prompting as well. Sounds as if he knows you (or at least OF you) and was hoping to spread some bad news.

Again, sorry to stir up this pot.
    How many drinks deep were you during this encounter?
    Anything's within walking distance if you've got the time.
    GA-ME 03, LT 04/06, PCT 07'

Now, Mrs Baggins, you dun hurt my feelins, in that I take pride in my john, and I failed us, you must of caught me on a bad day. I promise that prior to your arrival I'll have gone down to the farmer's co-op and buy us a bag of cedar chigs, I'd say I was out when you came by. It really helps keeping the "hiker funk".
    I got the plans/construction ideas from the "Green Mountain Hikers Club" over 8 yrs. ago. Thankfully, the park and forest service have started using them.

Glad to hear everything is good. Curtis has shutteled me a couple of times and been great help. Good info and even waited on me one time when I was running a little late. THanks again.

why does whiteblaze censor peoples opinions on some issues by deleting posts even if they are not "baiting" or "inflamatory". while allowing completely false information that could have an effect on peoples livelyhoods to remain? I dont think maps are needed to hike the AT, but when i see that thread rerun for the nth time I see my posts have been deleted. I was simply expressing my opinion but whiteblaze chose to censor me while allowing the pro map posts to remain even though some of those posts are baiting and inflamatory, going so far as to call people stupid and naive if they choose to hike without maps. Meanwhile this post remains. A post that may lead some hikers away from SBF believing its closed. A post that twists facts not opinions and could have a financial impact on Curtis and Maria. Let be said once and for all, SBF is, and will remain open 24-7-365

Springer to Elk Park, NC/Andover to Katahdin
    Images

Dropped by to see Curtis this past Wednesday morning (10/29/08). He was preparing to shuttle some hikers to Sam's Gap. We stood and talked in the early season falling snow. Curtis is doing well and as rockhound said "SBF is and will remain open 24-7-365.

Good to see you again Curtis and "Roll Tide."
    I am not young enough to know everything.

Images

stayed there on the last day of feb 07 with pit dog, zero and santas helper. those di giorno pizzas sure do hit the spot. oh yea and as for the privy i think it was way too cold to stink but in good shape..........peace

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++