WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    I Gotta Get out of Here!! Foyt20's Avatar
    Images

I like the pocketbook analogy. I got made fun of the other day for bringing someone their whole pocketbook at work when they asked for their cellphone clipped to the strap, but sitting in a pocket (man those pocketbooks have more pockets and spaces then a 7000 ci backpack).

hey tinker, try raising two daughters and a loving wife, the only male in the household.....you keep your mouth closed....seems like discretion is the better part of valor....just saying....

Section Hiker 500 miles smokymtnsteve's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by MOWGLI View Post
    I was just kidding. The rolling eyes meant <sarcasm alert>.

Honestly, I have pressed for excluding men from the women's forum for a number of years - without success. I have NEVER posted there, and NEVER will. It's simple common courtesy.

Oh..

what about that young lady with the peanut butter at THE PLACE?
    "I'd rather kill a man than a snake. Not because I love snakes or hate men. It is a question, rather, of proportion." Edward Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by smokymtnsteve View Post
    Oh..

what about that young lady with the peanut butter at THE PLACE?
    Lets not rehash that episode.
    'All my lies are always wishes" ~Jeff Tweedy~

Quote Originally Posted by Foyt20 View Post
    I like the pocketbook analogy. I got made fun of the other day for bringing someone their whole pocketbook at work when they asked for their cellphone clipped to the strap, but sitting in a pocket (man those pocketbooks have more pockets and spaces then a 7000 ci backpack).
    You did the right thing. Learning those things young will help you get to my age.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by MOWGLI View Post
    Lets not rehash that episode.

OK your secret is safe with me
    "I'd rather kill a man than a snake. Not because I love snakes or hate men. It is a question, rather, of proportion." Edward Abbey

Starting from “Today’s Posts” some thread titles aren’t obvious; so I’ve blundered into the female forum, too. The last column shows which forum, if I remember to check on that; I wish the titles could be flagged somehow, or the “Forum” column displayed closer to the titles.

Peakbagger Extraordinaire The Solemates's Avatar

I think we should have a men-only forum.
    The only thing better than mountains, is mountains where you haven't been.

amongnature.blogspot.com

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
    Are fair and equal the same thing?
    Well here's one I can answer.................
    Life isn't fair and no two people are equal

Quote Originally Posted by The Solemates View Post
    Honestly, why not?
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

I would like to think that we (as a society) have progressed to the point that we don't NEED gender-specific (either way) forums.
    It’s called political correctness, and it’s here to stay.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by The Solemates View Post
    ooo baby, just the boys?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob S View Post
    It’s called political correctness, and it’s here to stay.
    Kanga has the best definition of PC I have ever seen in her signiture line!
    She always says it like it is!!
    Moses

OK. Time to confess........

The reason that I posted the orig. set of questions is that I read a post title from a woman who said that she was "so depressed". When I moved my cursor under the post title I began to read about her disappointment because of not being able to hike with her dad, whose knee had been injured. Being the compassionate person that I am, I was touched by what I read. When I clicked under the post title, I was disappointed to see that it was in the Women's forum, meaning that I shouldn't read it. I did anyway, but didn't know whether to respond or not. A man eventually did, giving a brilliant answer to her dilemma. I typed in that I wondered what a woman would say, and the response from a woman was that women don't post these kinds of things in the open forum because (paraphrasing) that they didn't want any snide remarks like mine. I didn't mean to be snide or rude, but I was trying to make the point that men might have valid and valuable insight to the emotional stresses that face women.
    That's the story.
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

Images

This is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. If we don't hear the question, we CAN'T help.
    If they wanted our opinion they would put it on another forum. If it is a female specific forum, then it should be respected

OK. Time to confess........

The reason that I posted the orig. set of questions is that I read a post title from a woman who said that she was "so depressed". When I moved my cursor under the post title I began to read about her disappointment because of not being able to hike with her dad, whose knee had been injured. Being the compassionate person that I am, I was touched by what I read. When I clicked under the post title, I was disappointed to see that it was in the Women's forum, meaning that I shouldn't read it. I did anyway, but didn't know whether to respond or not. A man eventually did, giving a brilliant answer to her dilemma. I typed in that I wondered what a woman would say, and the response from a woman was that women don't post these kinds of things in the open forum because (paraphrasing) that they didn't want any snide remarks like mine. I didn't mean to be snide or rude, but I was trying to make the point that men might have valid and valuable insight to the emotional stresses that face women.
    That's the story.
    and that is why you shouldn't go there. You caused yourself conflict. If you just don't go there you won't think that you have an opinion about "their" issues. Just don't go there.

If I couldn't have read part of her story, and if I'd realized that it was in the Woman's forum (waaaaaaaay over in the right hand column), I wouldn't have.

Time for a Men's only forum.

Equal rights=equal opportunities.

If I couldn't have read part of her story, and if I'd realized that it was in the Woman's forum (waaaaaaaay over in the right hand column), I wouldn't have.

Time for a Men's only forum.

Equal rights=equal opportunities.
    No offense guy but it's not getting a lot of traction. Guys don't care about that stuff. Maybe we should and could find out why we should if we went into the secret guy thread but... never mind I lost interst in talking about having a secret guy thread.

Oh, come on! We could talk about lots of stuff.

I wish the recent threads box for each women's forum post was color coded so I wouldn't waste time opening it. If women want either a man's or a gender neutral perspective, post where everyone can answer.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
++ New Posts ++