WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default A big THANK YOU!

Well it is finally sinking in that this crazy/amazing trip is over. After last Friday's summit it seems to be doing nothing but raining. Hopefully the sun will come out long enough to clean my very stinky backpack.
    On that note... I just wanted to send out a HUGE THANK YOU to anyone who has helped out us crazy 2008 Thru hikers. From rides, to trail magic, and even positive mental thoughts... we really appreciated every possible bit! Some of us never see those who leave coolers of treats or get the chance to meet those who sign our journals with supportive messages.
    I have really gained a new perspective on our world with this hike. People are really good and generous and caring. I cannot say enough about all the kindness I experienced or heard from by others. You help make the Thru hiking experience what it is, and for that I am truly thankful. Without all the kindness on the trail I cannot imagine having completed the trail. So (I am going to assume that most '08ers feel the same.) WE SAY THANKS. I look forward to passing on the good vibes to those who follow. Paying it forward is the only way. Keep it up!

Sun Beam
    "We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home, in towns, and cities." Nessmuk, 1963

But I believe, yes I believe, I said I believe
    Images

Mainers Unite.

Kirby

Congrats Sunbeam!
    Will I ever get to where I am going? If I do, will I know when I am there?

++ New Posts ++