WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Laugh until it hurts, then laugh at that :) adventurousmtnlvr's Avatar
    Images

Default any WBers interested in Six Flags in Atlanta?

EDITED to add 1st line so people don't have to filter through all the posts. Current date is Oct. 25th. If anyone wants to go any of the following dates, that is still fine.

This begins the original msg: I was wondering if we could get enough people together for a different sort of WB get together at Six Flags in Atlanta. A way for new people such as myself to get to know other WBers .... and you'll do a lot of walking in the RIDE jungle to be sure! lol.

If anyone is interested, the dates in mind (as I'm not available on the 18th) would potentially be: On a Sat. 4th, 11th, 25th (open from 10am to 10pm) OR a Sunday on 5th, 12th, 26th (it's open from 10:30am to 7pm.) Again I'm not available on the weekend of the 18th.

If anyone is Interested from any surrounding States let me know I could get a carpool together from the Chatt., TN area if necessary

Besides, I want to see who screams like a baby on the rollercoasters as I laugh the entire time on all of them
    Last edited by adventurousmtnlvr; 10-01-2008 at 22:18. Reason: added actual chosen date to beginning so people don't have to filter through all posts for changes

Images

we have a date now from those who PM'd me prior to this post. It will be Sat. 11th if others wish to join in the fun! Thanks to those who PM'd me so we have a date finally to go by!!!!!

Images

It closed at the end of October and I have a season pass if others have a better date in mind (except for the 18th). Sat. or Sun. makes no matter. Someone mentioned 11th was all but I'm open or 2 groups different dates would also work!

Adventurousmtnlvr, I'll be able to make it Oct 25th. if you have it on that date.

Images

I can do the 25th as well in fact. Just put it on my calendar and will keep a list of people for the various dates Enjoy the gathering though on during the 11th! And see you on the 25th. Will follow up later with details etc. as that date draws near.

Slowest Hiker On Earth

I might can make it on the 25th.
    I will be hiking on the previous mentioned date

Images

The ones from the 11th moved to the 25th so Oct 25th is the WB day set. Options for others still wanting other dates are still open; however 25th is actually set with several interested in that date. Also I'll add that coke and sprite cans have discounts on them. But usually on the last month there are people standing around ticket area with 2 for 1 coupons. But I'd bring a can just in case Another options is credit unions .. they have the best deals in my opinion. If you don't have a credit union, find someone who does who can purchase for you. Also AAA sells them in surrounding States and AAA will refund your ticket if it's not used (but check with them in case they changed that rule). If some wish to bring lunch rather than pay the higher prices inside that is fine. Last time I was there you could bring your own water. But 3 of the rollercoasters do not allow anything carried on the rides (no backpacks, stuff animals etc. so lockers for a price are available) so try not to carry anything, lol. Superman however still has a place for things without a locker ... and they will make you take off even eye glasses.

Images

BUMP for one week from today reminder for any others interested in meeting us at Six Flags in Atlanta next Sat. on Oct. 25th. I'm in a soft cast for achilles but still going anyway. It's open 10 am until 10 pm. Don't forget Fright Fest is going on. Their haunted house is an additional cost should anyone have interest in that! PM me for my cell so I make sure I don't forget to wait on those already going and for anyone new! Can't wait!!!! It's going to be a haunted screaming, howling bunch of F U N!!!!!!!!!

i may join on the 25th!!!
    Peanuts (aka i.j.)
    "A womans place its on the trail"

Images

Great

Images

oops, lol ... My finger was ahead of me and I hit the wrong key too soon, lol. I meant Great Peanut! Glad to add you to our group The more the better for me to laugh at the ones screaming, lol (or see their faces on acrophobia) lol. I'll PM everyone as time draws nearer this week

Images

It's Wednesday and I'll be sending out PM's with my cell and the info on where to meet and such. If you haven't made a post on here OR PM'd me directly like some did; then now is the time I don't want to leave anyone out or miss them in the meeting place I may not be near a computer on Friday afternoon Until Sunday, so if you are interested let me know today or tomorrow. I will PM the ones who are interested today some time. fyi

Everyone else, enjoy the great outdoors 'somewhere'

Images

here is the link to Six Flags in Atlanta area for those needing directions, ticket and time info. Don't forget their haunted house is an extra charge. I may be there on Friday night as well so that I don't have a 15hr day, lol on a broken foot with 6 hrs driving time and 10a - 10p. But I've done that before every time prior (just not on a broken foot, achilles and heel spurs on both feet which are in pain now). I'm game for open to close although I know most of you will leave earlier. I will make sure on Friday night if water is allowed this year again as theirs is expensive. But I won't have a computer to email anyone so if you need to bring some you may call my cell. Please note that Six Flags is not as strict as the airport, but they do check nearly everything ... so don't carry even a tiny knife NOR even a 'chain' that is hanging off pants whether its for keys or decoration they will make you remove it. Six Flags Link Don't forget coke/sprite cans have $15 off if that will help. See you there! (Oh I'll be the one in the black cast on my right leg up to my knees) LOL near the WILL CALL which is to the right of the Season Pass office ... since it's normally crowded in the a.m.'s ... I'll wait as far to the right as possible in that area at 10am and I'll wait for everyone until 10:30 UNLESS they all arrive on time (just in case of traffic problems etc) or if someone calls my cell and says they will be late.

Images

the 3 on this thread have been notified by PM as has the others that sent me info on my PM. Should anything change with you, please call the cell provided so I'm not waiting for you on Sat. Nothing will change on my end. I'm leaving around noon on Friday to head that direction since no one else needed to carpool from Chatt. so I'll be there Friday and all day Sat. Enjoy your weekend everyone ... I know those going WILL!!!!! woo hoo ....

important ... now everyone eat a ton ... then get on the loop rollercoasters LOL (kidding) but if you do ... sit behind me, lol.

i am in too, i just spoke with her!!!
    Peanuts (aka i.j.)
    "A womans place its on the trail"

Images

ok I'm bringing 4 extra cans that will make your tickets $29.99 plus tax for those who will need them ... see you all there!!!

Images

Daily Details for
    Austell, GA
    [ English | Metric ]

Weather for your life

Hourly Forecast more details
    6am

50°F

Feels Like
    48°F
    9am