WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Registered User Tennessee Viking's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

Its Windows Vista
    ''Tennessee Viking'
    Mountains to Sea Trail Hiker & Maintainer
    Former TEHCC (AT) Maintainer

Images

Quote Originally Posted by buliwyf View Post
    Its Windows Vista

Would like to agree with you, but, unfortunately, it's happening on Linux too.

Been good all day today.

Images

Its fine now, but it was slower earlier today.

Panzer

2010 complete

My problem is with the whereskarl.com website. After I visit that website, it seems my whole system crawls, including whiteblaze. I am deleting the internet cookies and temp files daily because of that website.
    Have you guys visited that website prior to having problems with whiteblaze?

Quote Originally Posted by modiyooch View Post
    Have you guys visited that website prior to having problems with whiteblaze?
    No, not Karl's site. What other kind of sites have you visited? Seriously, I highly doubt there's any type of malware on his site. It could be with how fast your connection is, how much RAM, which browswer you use and with what extensions. That's not to say his, or WB's server isn't slow, but I don't think one website makes another slower.

Both those work fime for me. If you want to see a slow site visit politicalforum.com. It's almost as bad as half the opinions.

Thanks for everyone's replies.

I was able to log in this morning, without delay. Pages are loading normally. It seems fine now.
    Roland

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Thanks for everyone's replies.

I was able to log in this morning, without delay. Pages are loading normally. It seems fine now.
    Yeah, 4:30 am when no one else is hitting on the server, is always the best time for surfing!

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post

Is anyone else having this problem?
    Yep, I have had this problem too. I thought it was because Alligator and I had a spat and the admins put me on slow down along with a tracking cookie to see in what forum I was cruising.......

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    Ah, say again?

Tracking cookies? I have a Norton firewall & Google blocker - When I get a popup, the popup is declined (So it can't get through) and I get a sound that its doing its job a "click" In the last couple of days I have been gettin clicks with every page. Every once in a while a empty box pops.

I just cleared history,cookies,passwords (deleted all of it) and its still happening. So now I am going to do a full scan.
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Images

Default update

-update your computer,-control panel--security center---Automatic updating ON
    -try installing JAVA on your computer http://www.java.com/en/download/wind...ww.java.com:80
    -use MOZILLA FIREFOX instead of internet explorer
    -install and use SPYBOT http://www.safer-networking.org/en/home/index.html
    -clean your old files and media(photos, movies...)
    -Open the Windows Task Manager, in File click New Task(run) and type: msconfig click OK,click Startup and Disable all and OK , restart your computer.
    -just trying to help,if you do all of this things and your computer is still slow... you may try pouring a hot cup of strong cafe or a red bull on it (DON'T DO IT)
    you are what you eat: Fast! Cheap! and Easy!

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    Tracking cookies? I have a Norton firewall & Google blocker - When I get a popup, the popup is declined (So it can't get through) and I get a sound that its doing its job a "click" In the last couple of days I have been gettin clicks with every page. Every once in a while a empty box pops.

I just cleared history,cookies,passwords (deleted all of it) and its still happening. So now I am going to do a full scan.
    "Clicking sounds", sounds like you're using MS Internet Explorer and as far as I know don't mean much, it always does that. You may want to try Firefox, it's safer, and less prone to attacks.

I've never been a fan of anything Norton. Their products are considered bloatware, which will slow down your computer. If you have XP (SP2 or 3) or Vista their firewalls will do.

Seriously try, CCleaner to remove all unwanted or needed junk that's piled up and SuperAntiSpyware. They're both free products.

Added: Just use IE for Windows updates.

gaga, many people are recommending SuperAntiSpyware or MalwareBytes AntiMalware rather than Spybot these days, they have a much better detection rate. Also, Spybot's Teatimer can mess things up if you don't play close attention.

Another note, when installing new products of this nature, make sure to read the help file first, and don't randoming delete anything without confirming it's actually malware.

aka Kudzu
    Images

Painfully slow at 5pm Eastern. That means hammockforums.net is slow too. Those are the only sites I'm having problems with but it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxHiker View Post
    Painfully slow at 5pm Eastern. ~
    I'll say. It took me about 10 minutes to navigate to this page, authenticate, and post this reply.

Funny thing is, it had been working fine since my original post. The problem is intermittent, but when it arises, the site is nearly impossible to browse.
    Roland

2010 complete

I've been on it for the last hour and not having a problem.

In regards to cookies, spyware or whatever is slowing my system down; I have adaware by LavaSoft. I run a scan, delete the cookies, visit a particular website, and rerun the scan.

aka Kudzu
    Images

I don't think it's spyware or anything like that. I've noticed slowdowns both at home and work and both machines are kept clean. It does seem to be much better now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++