WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default Vagabond - Daren Wendell

Did anyone see this guy on the trail this year. There was an article on him in the June issue of Blue Ridge Outdoors. He was going to do a 7 year hike (starting with the AT) to raise awareness for Blood Water Mission, which works for clean water and HIV initiatives in Africa. His hike will entail 3 continents, 14 countries, 7 years. I think he is originally from VA.

Quote Originally Posted by J5man View Post
    Did anyone see this guy on the trail this year. There was an article on him in the June issue of Blue Ridge Outdoors. He was going to do a 7 year hike (starting with the AT) to raise awareness for Blood Water Mission, which works for clean water and HIV initiatives in Africa. His hike will entail 3 continents, 14 countries, 7 years. I think he is originally from VA.
    He seems to be doing good according to his web site: http://www.theearthexpedition.com/

Done with the AT and road walking in Canada now.

Images

Cool guy hiked with him up to Damascus, in fact him and his buddys did a 40 mile day into Damascus, so we decided to do a 50 mile day. Way to early in the hike for that, but it was fun. I dont know about his road walking across Canada, but the trip in all seems pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Greettot View Post
    We should never remember the benefits we have offered nor forget the favor received.-------------------------evening dresses, evening gowns, wedding dresses, bridal gowns, wedding gowns
    go away spammer

I hiked with Vagabond a lot and he's a good guy. He's trying to get people to run the chicago marathon for the bloodwater mission this year. His name on facebook is daren wendell. look him up.

Images

Very cool. heard a lot about him at trail days last year. His team talked to us for a while - great people.

I hiked with him some last year. His picture is in my trail journal. He's the one in middle of 3 hikers hitching into Front Royal, VA. He is a very nice guy. Last I saw of him his girfriend from NE or somewhere out there had joined him for a week or two.

I hiked the Whites with him. Terrific guy. Almost summited with him as well, but I wanted to take more time in the hundred mile. Speaking of which I need to give him a call...

++ New Posts ++