I think the ultralight/light/traditional boundaries are too arbitrary, and unneccessary.

They don't take either the clothing worn or the season into proper account. I tend to wear more clothing most of the time and and pack less clothing. I do this to keep my wool sweater on so it can dry out, and so only stuff like skin layers and wind layers need to go in the pack, plus some fleece in winter. That tends to make me an ultralight by packweight, even though I'm not. My total skin out weight would be comparable to ultralight backpackers in summer, lightweight backpackers in Spring/Fall, and just over that in winter, and a little more than that for longer trips with midwinter extremes. I think what matters most is whether or not people are minimalists. I consider myself a hiker in a natural and traditional sense, not a backpacker, because the essence of hiking is the hike, not the pack.

Backpacking, at any weight, is most essentially a term for manufacturers and retailers, not for the hikers themselves.
Rather like the way we are compelled to live in buildings today, rather than dwellings.