WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: SOBOers.

Hey all,

I was out at SNP in Va last weekend and ran into Godzilla(sobo). We hiked together for a few days and went into Waynesboro together where i had my car. So we drove around, got him re-stocked and had him back on the trail the next morn.

He had been doing 20+ miles daily, with pretty much no zeros. He mentioned many who he had met along the way who were on white blaze like red hat, doc holiday, mcgyever his gf, and im sure there were more.

Default the july group of sobos

yeah there were about 12 or so of us that did maine together...the people you named plus grizzly bear (33whiskey on whiteblaze), dwreck, dakota, jason and kelly...grizzly bear and I got off and are planning on going back next year...everyone else still out there is near or just past harpers ferry....I'm looking forward to them getting to damascus!!!!

glad to hear godzilla is still trekkin on...he's a great guy!

doc holladay
    (cori)

Images

Dreck and the Vermont Mafia are also still out there. Anyone know where Trip is now? no journal since 8/30...

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    Anyone know where Trip is now? no journal since 8/30...
    http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=254199

Images

Anyone know a SOBO called Yo Yo from NJ? I ran into him last weekend while driving on the Blue Ridge Parkway in Roanoke, VA. He had hiked a lot up north this summer and took a couple of weeks off to go home and gain some weight he said. He hopped back on at Harpers Ferry and is headed to Springer.

Images

Haven't met a Yo Yo but does anyone know if Oreo is on the trail still. He's a cool laid back dude from Alabama. I ran into some northbound section hikers who said he was hiking with his Dad in SNP and I should catch up to him but I haven't seen him. I'm in Troutville now looking to be in Catawba,VA tonight.

Images

Also anyword on Finding Peace...haven't seen her name in the registers for ages....

-Cheesewhiz-

Quote Originally Posted by salves View Post
    Haven't met a Yo Yo but does anyone know if Oreo is on the trail still. He's a cool laid back dude from Alabama. I ran into some northbound section hikers who said he was hiking with his Dad in SNP and I should catch up to him but I haven't seen him. I'm in Troutville now looking to be in Catawba,VA tonight.
    make sure you eat at The Homeplace http://filebox.vt.edu/users/kdesrosi/thehomeplace/

Quote Originally Posted by salves View Post
    Also anyword on Finding Peace...haven't seen her name in the registers for ages....

-Cheesewhiz-
    Hey Cheese, I'll check around and see if I can see what she's up to.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    make sure you eat at The Homeplace http://filebox.vt.edu/users/kdesrosi/thehomeplace/
    Cheese is the man. Hoping he has a great stay in Damascus. Vonfrick and I met him in Bangor on the way up to Katahdin and hiked a good chunk of Maine/NH with him.
    Good hiking instincts. If something goes wrong he just sits down and blows his whistle.

Images

[quote=Red Hat;692649]Actually, Kirby, Alpine Stider isn't all that snobby. She hikes fast, just like you do, and probably didn't have a lot of time to visit.

going to have to disagree with that one. we met her, and she did have a definite attitude. just because you hike quickly doesn't mean you have to be rude to people.

bone lady

[quote=nightshaded;720719]
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    Actually, Kirby, Alpine Stider isn't all that snobby. She hikes fast, just like you do, and probably didn't have a lot of time to visit.

going to have to disagree with that one. we met her, and she did have a definite attitude. just because you hike quickly doesn't mean you have to be rude to people.

bone lady
    Dont think you should be talking to anyone about rudeness

Ran into Grizz, Earthworm, and Superman at Overmountain Shelter yesterday. Really cool guys that are loving NC.

Images

i just got back from a small section hike. went and did from jacobs ladder to great barrington. we stayed at upper goose pond the 1st nite and mt wilcox north the 2nd nite..low 20s both nites... along the way pitdog and i ran into 3 sobo's; moss, baby steps or little feet and mpt or pmt. they have been on the trail since july. they are geting off in great barrington and skiping down to damascus.. on the way back to the car we noticed two female sobos heading into lee to beat the rain before it comes in on thursday.. also ran into a french hiker who was out for a few days....

peace out, nitewalker

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++