WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    As in "dessert" not "desert"

Default Where did that British guy go?

Remember that Brit who posted back a while ago about hiking North to South the length of England, and said he was coming over to thru hike this year? Anyone know what became of him?

But I believe, yes I believe, I said I believe
    Images

I met a man named the General this year who said once he was done thru hiking he was going to fly back home and hike some cross country trail and end at his home in Great Britain.

Kirby

Yeti GAME 08 Team Deutschemark smaaax's Avatar

The general thru-hiked once already, prolly not the guy.

Kirby, where did you see the general, last I saw him he was in Waynesboro and debating going home to heal up a stress fracture.

I met a Brit at Goose pond cabin about a week ago. Hiking by himself. Going north.

But I believe, yes I believe, I said I believe
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by smaaax View Post
    The general thru-hiked once already, prolly not the guy.

Kirby, where did you see the general, last I saw him he was in Waynesboro and debating going home to heal up a stress fracture.
    I have not seen him since he was going SOBO in VA for Trail Days. I do know that he made it to Maine based on other journals. I'm guessing he finished up right around the 15th to 20th of this month.

Kirby

2010 complete

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    I have not seen him since he was going SOBO in VA for Trail Days. I do know that he made it to Maine based on other journals. I'm guessing he finished up right around the 15th to 20th of this month.

Kirby
    I met him on Baldpate in Andover ME on Aug 3

Images

The general and I are good friends and I hiked a lot with him and Jukebox. They both were done by the 21st or so and I hiked with them til Chets place, I stopped hiking with groups so I could enjoy the whites more.

He is planning on hiking some longer trail near his home town. Can not remember the details though. I also hiked with a Brit girl named Daisy for a month almost....not sure what that has to do with anything lol

Chiefdaddy

As in "dessert" not "desert"

It's not the General I was thinking of. I met the General at Blackburn Trail Center in Northern Virginia toward the end of May. The guy who posted here was asking about bears and rattlesnakes, etc., and had a pretty good sense of humor, I thought.

Christus Cowboy
    Images

I ran into a British guy going NOBO around Moreland Gap on Memorial Day Weekend. He had dark brown hair and was probably in his early thirties..... At the time I ran into him he was hiking with a couple of guys from Wisconsin and another guy..... To be honest it wasn't a very pleasant experience for me as I felt they were all quite rude..... There's something about pulling into a shelter around midnight while four guys where sleeping and then just throwing your stuff in the shelter making a racket then firing up the stove and having a big loud party complete with raucous jokes and laughter and then talking so loud so we would wake up and "overhear" them complaining about how our stuff was taking up too much room. Even though there was four of them and 8 spots left in the shelter. There was two other thru hikers (one in a tent and the other in the shelter) who commented on the rude behavior the next morning as well...... I'm sorry if I'm giving you too much info on this one but that is only way I can describe him.... hopefully he wasn't the guy you were seeking.....
    Be on the alert, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. Let all that you do be done in love..... 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

This is probably JOGLE and if so, he is somewhere near me - probably just about the NH-ME line, or around Mahoosuc notch. Possibly around Grafton Notch.

Oh, let me clarify: the guy being inquired about is probably JOGLE, not the rude guy...Jogle is nice.

That was the name of the Brit(JOGLE) that had all the posts in the spring. I guess he made it without the rough stuff New York was going to do to him for badmouthing the state. Glad to hear he is doing so well.

Journal Entries
    Images

There's Keith who has slowly been hiking up the trail who is from England.

Default Summited 10/2/08

Jogle is the Brit that hiked Britian last year. We became hiking partners at Kincora and both summited on October 2nd. We both made it through in one piece, "white blaze kissing" the entire way.

Default Congratulations!!

Hi ya, Becca!

Congratulations to you and Jogle. I am thrilled for you and all the other '08 hikers who completed their "thru" dream.

Sent you a PM.

Rickles
    When you get to those unexpected situations in life where it’s difficult to figure something out, just ask yourself, “What would MacGyver do?”
    See ya!
    Rickles McPickles

Longman here one of the various other Brits this year. Glad to hear that Jogle did make it. I started off with him and he left me in the dust a few days later. Then i overtook him in Gorham. Wish i could have seen him again.

Hey Rickles by the way.

Tall Man???

Can't believe you and Jogle didn't "bump" into one another at or near the end. You were always within a day or so of one another. Funny how the trail works like that sometimes! I did give him your message in Andover. However, I told him that, except for your height, he would hardly recognize you from when you started...

Great gang of hikers out this year. It was my pleasure to meet you.

Congratulations on completing one of the truly great American adventures!

Hey Rickles!!
    When you get to those unexpected situations in life where it’s difficult to figure something out, just ask yourself, “What would MacGyver do?”
    See ya!
    Rickles McPickles

I'm interested in coming back to do the PCT even though i said that if i ever did it i'd section it. The thing is that once you start to research it you get all excited and you start to warm to the prospect of a thru hike.

I'm also going to join a hiking club in the UK o i should be able to keep fit until then. I cringe at the thought of getting trail conditioned again...

Hey don't forget TEG (The English Guy)....I last saw him in the Shenadoahas with Longman and Little bear. Anyone know if he finnished?

Images

yeah, TEG summited on the 26th. he was with Forge at the time.

bone lady

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++