WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default We interupt this thruhike for a special announcement!

Chaco Taco (aka Colonel Chaco) here. I have a very special announcement I would like to make to everyone in the AT community. NO, Wak is not pregnant and we are not getting married. When we reach the Little Pond, Vermont area and White Cliffs, my girlfriend Wakapak will be reaching her 5,000 mile on the Appalachian Trail. She would never fess up how many miles she has done because of her modesty so Im going to do it. As many of you may know, she has done this 2 previous times and joined me in Damascus this year. I just want to express to everyone in this community how truly proud I am of her. She knows it. I also wanted to brag on her for a bit because she deserves the recognition. She has been inspiration for me on my thruhike this year. Jen I love you honey and am so very very proud of you! I cant wait til we summit Katahdin together!
    This message brought to you by the Coalition To Prevent Slack Attacks!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Chaco View Post
    Chaco Taco (aka Colonel Chaco) here. I have a very special announcement I would like to make to everyone in the AT community. NO, Wak is not pregnant and we are not getting married. When we reach the Little Pond, Vermont area and White Cliffs, my girlfriend Wakapak will be reaching her 5,000 mile on the Appalachian Trail. She would never fess up how many miles she has done because of her modesty so Im going to do it. As many of you may know, she has done this 2 previous times and joined me in Damascus this year. I just want to express to everyone in this community how truly proud I am of her. She knows it. I also wanted to brag on her for a bit because she deserves the recognition. She has been inspiration for me on my thruhike this year. Jen I love you honey and am so very very proud of you! I cant wait til we summit Katahdin together!
    THe Coalition to Prevent Slack Attacks huh??? oh my....

Thanks Chaco...love you too and can't wait for the next 3 states of hiking together and to see the look on your face on top alot of these mountains coming up...some of the best stuff is yet to come!!

okay..now i'm gonna go away in a slight state of embarassment...

Its funny that we are flirting on here when you are two computers down from me. Hehe! Lets go Hike now, what do ya say??

You two are so cute. Congrats, Wak. We miss you on the thread. Happy hiking you two!

Images

Its funny that we are flirting on here when you are two computers down from me. Hehe! Lets go Hike now, what do ya say??
    LOL!! oh alright...let's get outta this town!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Thru Hiker Wife View Post
    You two are so cute. Congrats, Wak. We miss you on the thread. Happy hiking you two!
    Thanks JenWife!!! Hope all is well with you!! keep those crazies in line over in that thread!!

Quote Originally Posted by wakapak View Post

Thanks JenWife!!! Hope all is well with you!! keep those crazies in line over in that thread!!
    LOL. Shouldn't be a problem since the thread seems to currently be in sleep mode.

Laugh until it hurts, then laugh at that :) adventurousmtnlvr's Avatar
    Images

Default that is the sweetest thing I've heard in a long time :)

I don't know either of you, but the very thought that you love, respect and are proud of your chosen other is so sweet. Wish more men know 'how' to love someone that way. It got to me. Congrats Wakapak for your accomplishments And Col Chaco... many have your back regarding your hillbilly episode. Takes all types ... but really, that's what makes life more interesting and challenging

i KNEW sending that Jack Daniels in the mail drop was a mistake!!!!!!!!!

geek

Images

WHEW WHOOOOO!!!! You go, girl! I am very proud of you too. What an accomplishment.

LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!
    HAPPY TRAILS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD HIKE!

jonie loves chachie!!! (DODGE BALL.) wak, ida says hello. send us a list and townstop, we'll send you a box. booze, and?

Journal Entries
    Images

I met CC and Wak here right after TD's. Right on!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Adams View Post
    i KNEW sending that Jack Daniels in the mail drop was a mistake!!!!!!!!!

geek
    alot safer than leaving it with you!

Yeah! Congrats to you! You are an amazing person. And I realize I am way behind on mileage!

just 5000. it's just walkin'

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    just 5000. it's just walkin'
    When you're young that's a lot of walkin! Obviously when one gets to be as old as you are the miles cannot so easily be counted.

Ffppptt.

Short timer.
    "I too am not a bit untamed, I too am untranslatable,
    I sound my barbaric yawp over the roofs of the world." - W. W.

obligatory website link

Quote Originally Posted by bfitz View Post
    When you're young that's a lot of walkin! Obviously when one gets to be as old as you are the miles cannot so easily be counted.
    49 is hardly old. i bet i can out hike your 30 something butt

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    49 is hardly old. i bet i can out hike your 30 something butt
    Without a doubt. That is, except for the part about 49 not being old. I mean, like, when was the last time you were carded buying beer? I rest my case.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by bfitz View Post
    Without a doubt. That is, except for the part about 49 not being old. I mean, like, when was the last time you were carded buying beer? I rest my case.
    They card you for Natty Light?
    Anything's within walking distance if you've got the time.
    GA-ME 03, LT 04/06, PCT 07'

lonewolf , if clean shaven, could get carded. you see young bfitz,....wolf has zenlike mastery over his faceial exspressions. with a pout and a wink he could eaisly fool some young cowboys counter clerk into thinking he was 20.
    matthewski

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++