WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thumbs up

Ya know Wak, when I met you two in Asheville to pick up Chacotaco, I was impressed with you. The first thing he said to me when we were headed out was that he thought you were an awesome woman. I thought so too. So glad it has worked out for you guys. If you ever pass through Sylva again, you are both welcome to stay in our backpacking room and hang out. Very excited about you getting so close to New England. Can hardly wait for the summit.

:banana

opps I mean Maine!

Registered User Mother's Finest's Avatar

thats why when we asked if you wanted to slack from little gap, Chaco looked over at Wak and they both gave each other this look.

It didn't mean anything to me at the time, but now I know it meant we are walking this together. or something like that. and no slack.

peace
    mf

Images

Quote Originally Posted by mweinstone View Post
    lonewolf , if clean shaven, could get carded. you see young bfitz,....wolf has zenlike mastery over his faceial exspressions. with a pout and a wink he could eaisly fool some young cowboys counter clerk into thinking he was 20.

hmmmm,what would wolf look like without a beard.....

Thumbs up

Chaco & Wak, I love you. May you be blessed with great weather for the views.

Wakapak - congratulations on your milestone! Wak, I will never forget when I met you in '02 and laughing at the story of how you got your trail name and picturing you in that story. Good stuff.

And Chaco thanks again for all your tremendous help at the Billville "event" this year.

Wakjen and Colonel Jen, good to hear from you. If you'd like to celebrate with other wanderers, drop us a line and we'll come meet you. It's only a couple hours for us.
    Peace

Images

Thanks everyone!!!! Love you all too....yes, LW, even you! Tell Gypsy I said hello!!

Geek...thanks for that drop, and it didn't get drank all at once, almost though! and no, no snorting was done!

Crumb...in Manchester Center VT now, will probably be in Hanover NH mid-week next week if you wanna send a drop there, seems we are gonna be stayin with Jack for a nite or so. Tell Ida i said hi, and sorry i've been outta touch, never seems to be enough time to write to everyone!

Trailangel Mary...love you too!!! I'll never forget the first time we met either, but this time in Duncannon was much, much more fun!!!

Matty...we miss you man! "ya hikahs an ya little footsteps in the mud and ya town stops. when i hiked, there were no towns...it was no joke!" LOL!!

Warrgy...we'll be gettin into Rutland this friday for the Long Trail Festival and probably stayin most of sat if not all, if you guys wanted to come and hang with a bunch of wanderers there, that'd be cool!! either that, or come hunt me in NH!!!!

Sleepy...maybe we'll run into you on a trail randomly somewhere...ya know, it has happened before!!

you all rock!!

Images

Congratz, Wakajen!! Col Chaco, I enjoyed reading your shelterlog entries in GA/NC/TN. It's cool when you find someone you know online at WB on the AT or even in the shelter logs.
    I'm not really a hiker, I just play one on White Blaze.

5000 is a lot. Nice work, kid, see you soon, hopefully this weekend.

Wako is a thru hiking god. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunder View Post
    Wako is a thru hiking god. That is all.
    Wak is a Goddess!!!

5000 miles, congrats WAk! WHAT AN ACCOMPLISHMENT!

Yep she is pretty darn special. Had a little celebration at Little Rock Pond. She is my inspriration. Amazing she has put up with me this long!

WAKNOODLES!!!!!!! Ssssssup girl? Hey CC!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by warraghiyagey View Post
    WAKNOODLES!!!!!!! Ssssssup girl? Hey CC!
    warrgybeans!!! hey!!! not much, just walkin' in the rain and mud! lol!! like i said on another thread, we've been pretty positive thru all this but it wears on you after awhile!! i had a slight breakdown the other day in the thousandth storm we hiked thru, but all is better now!!! looking forward to the festival this weekend here in Rutland!!! and a much needed break from all the walking!!

heres minnesota smith and chaco taco. see the simularitys? they both are going to be on katadhin soon. they both have mattheweski support. and they both have trail in their blood. rock on sweet taco. did i ever sing you my taco song? "tacos! tacos! read all about it! lettuce , tommatoe,...and cheeese!"
    matthewski

Images

I have seen a beardless LW and have pictures of this rarity. He looks young.

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyhick View Post
    hmmmm,what would wolf look like without a beard.....

Thanks for posting that pic Mattie! i look so intelligent

Quote Originally Posted by Animal Cracker View Post
    I have seen a beardless LW and have pictures of this rarity. He looks young.
    I'd like to see that.
    Trillium

:banana Wak in Rutland

Chaco, Wakapak,

Oh man, you had me going - I really thought you WERE about to announce an impending wedding!! Damn... Oh well, I've got faith in you guys.

Congrats to Wakapak on the insane mileage, and to both of you, for (presumably) summiting by now. What a great hike this has been! I summited on Sept. 26, am back in the real world, and missing the trail. However, it is nice being clean every day, and cotton never felt so good...

It was a pleasure meeting you guys, and good luck!

Powder River
    "I always told you I was more of a Westerner than an Easterner"
    -Theodore Roosevelt

Appalachian Trail 2008

Colorado Trail 2010

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++