WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Images

Yeah Hot Cheese and Birdbath!! Way to go!!!

AT 4000+, LT, FHT, ALT Blissful's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

Congratulations everyone!! Great memories.

Hiking Blog
    AT NOBO and SOBO, LT, FHT, ALT
    Shenandoah NP Ridgerunner, Author, Speaker

But I believe, yes I believe, I said I believe
    Images

MODS:
    Where did my posts go? I would PM you directly, but I don't know who runs this forum, just seeking information. Please send PM.

Thanks,
    Kirby

#363 9-30-2008 11 am

I (Longman) summitted on the 29th Sept with Seeker and Someday and we also saw Rama and Sedar and Mike from Conneticut. I know that there was a whole load of people waiting to summit the next day. I was number 340 by the way...

But I believe, yes I believe, I said I believe
    Images

This is turning out to be an incredible year. The ridgerunner said she was on the summit with 30 thru's one day.

Kirby

Images

Pappa Sarge, Freckles and Sprite are half-way tru the "100 mile" as of 9/30
    Do one thing everyday...that makes you happy...

Quote Originally Posted by boarstone View Post
    Pappa Sarge, Freckles and Sprite are half-way tru the "100 mile" as of 9/30
    Aww sweet. They should have a beautiful summit after the mess pushes out. Great people, some of my favorites

I (Bigglesworth) was #386 on Oct 3, and 7 others summitted that day. I hear the pack of 50 or so waiting are probably going to be able to go up today (Wed)!!! The ranger said they expected about 100 more to have a good shot at finishing - the total may approach 500 this year!

congrats, bigglesworth, im very happy for you
    Two Beers.

Congrats Chaco and Bigglesworth!
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

Images

Yeah!! Congrats Bigglesworth!!

Registered User MARKO HANGMAN III's Avatar

This is my first post to whiteblaze. Hello everybody!

I summited Katahdin on August 30 with Tangent, Filadelfia Greenberg and Rocko.

Hiking the AT was one of the greatest experiences of my life and I have joined whiteblaze in an attempt to stay in touch with all of those cool people that I met on the trail (just to name a few: Bronco, Blake, Alf, Vagabond, SmEllie Cat, Chef, Sage, Sailboat, General Delivery, Stomp & Shuffles, Peanut, Wrongway, Stripe, Wing-it, Fire, Top Hat, Mouth, Grasshopper, Mainiac, Pipper, Mr. Burns, Sojo, Recurve, Boat, Thinker, Lotus, Bill, Josh, Jesse, Skooter, Daddy-O, Peacock, Danger Danjo, Dirty Harry, Avalanche, Leaping Turtle, Grateful Greenpeace Guy, Pilot, Dirty Girl, and all the cool Southbounders I met). I hope you will stay in touch!

I would like to say a special thanks to anybody and everybody who provided trail magic (including whoever happened to drop a rubber band on the trail exactly when I needed one). I promise to pay it forward...

HANGMAN

on September 10 Bronco, Alf , Pack Animal, Lady and The Tramp, Steadyon and a lot of people I can not remember there names summitted Katadin. I arrived at 10:45 temperature 38 degrees winds 20-30 mph with gust to 40 and cloudy with no view from summit. On the way back down the views started to open up. there was a large group that summitted on September 11 also.

Summited September 26th, at the very end of that long 3 week stretch of beautiful weather, in fact it was supposed to rain around noon on that day but no clouds ever came in, and it was beautiful. Took the knife edge down, and once I got to the parking lot it started to rain, and watching the weather forecast it looks like it rained straight through the following week. Also finished just 3 days before my long standing contract to start work on the 29th. Talk about good timing!!! My parents and brother flew out, and my dad and brother summited with me. (and I took them down the knife edge. No, I didn't take out life insurance on them ahead of time) Our flight plans were messed up by hurricane Kyle, so I switched to Boston and so we found ourselves at Fenway on the last day of the regular season watching the Red Sox-Yankees game!!! Not a bad ending to the story, eh?

The cool part was that I was up there when the National Geographic crew were filming their summit scene for an AT documentary with some fancy airplane equipped with some fancy camera, which flew circles around the top, and even buzzed us. The star was Babu, a thru-hiker who they picked to feature. For the shot we staged a fake scene where we are all cheering for Babu, who is at the sign. The documentary should hit sometime next summer, so look for it and if you see a crowd atop Katahdin at the end, I'm in there!!!!
    "I always told you I was more of a Westerner than an Easterner"
    -Theodore Roosevelt

Appalachian Trail 2008

Colorado Trail 2010

Oh, and most importantly, I BEAT KARL MELTZER TO THE FINISH!!! By 3 days...
    "I always told you I was more of a Westerner than an Easterner"
    -Theodore Roosevelt

Appalachian Trail 2008

Colorado Trail 2010

Anyone know how many sobo's are gonna make it?

You ROCK Powder River! Congradulations.
    Zeke

Quote Originally Posted by Speedgoat Karl View Post
    Anyone know how many sobo's are gonna make it?
    Laurie Pottieger of the ATC announced some current figures at the ALDHA meeting on Sunday at the Gathering but I didn't jot them down. You can probably view their count at the ATC Website
    There are still SOBOs coming through Duncannon. Some left the Doyle this morning. There was about 6 there on Tuesday.
    Last edited by trailangelmary; 10-13-2008 at 15:21. Reason: Forgot something

Default Info from Katahdin Stream as of 10/21/08

This is my first post. My husband and I summited Katahdin in the snow on 10/21...it was awesome! Nobody had summited for the three days prior to that and I'm pretty sure we were the last NOBOs...numbers 474 and 475!

Congrats class of 2008! So glad we were able to join you!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
++ New Posts ++