WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Images

Summiting 9/11 as #232
    Woohoo!

Images

Hey Peanut Congratulations! Last Im saw you, you where hiking with wing it, and that whole big bunch of peeps. I wonder if any of them made it to K-TAD.

But I believe, yes I believe, I said I believe
    Images

The ridgerunner told me this week that the trail has been busy with the Birches filling up a few times last week.

Kirby

Images

Are these numbers asigned by the Baxter rangers? When I summited in 2006 no one gave me a number.

Images

Ya, they give you a # when you register for the Birches. Which is positively absolutly mandatory to register, or they prosecute you, take all your gear including your boots, and leave you naked, alone in the Maine woods.

Anyone seen Slow Barbara?

Images

Default summit

I know that Mouth, Fire, Wing It, Top Hat, Hangman, Danger Danjo, and I think Grasshopper finished!! Congrats to you, too!! Enjoy your upcoming section with your friend!

And I haven't seen Slow Barbara since the south, I think.

IM ALMOST THERE! Saw the mamouth mountain off in the distance the other day.

Images

Hey Kirby, Peanut, Bad Idea, Dirty Harry. Congratulations - Glad to hear that you guys made it.

I summited on September 2nd. (# 167). Smokin Joe, Cranky Pete, Freebird, The Professor, Meat Bag & Doxie, Spider, and Billy the Kid also summited that day.

Danger Danjo, Zero, Stomp & Shuffles, Wet Sox & Jukebox, and Shadow Cast plus maybe a few others summited on September 1st.

Best Wishes for a safe and successful journey to all those out on the trail.
    If I can't carry it in my heart or on my back, I really don't need it.

As in "dessert" not "desert"

How many started this year? How many finished so far?

Images

275 thus far according to Abol Bridge Ridge Runner.

Kirby

Images

Hey Shiloh!! Congrats to you, too...and thanks for the info on the others, too..I've wondered about some of them. Did Blake summit Sept. 1, too, with Danger Danjo?

Hope you are well and enjoying where you are...I'm still working on the transition...it's getting better every day, but I think I regressed when I went downtown for a bachelorette party--so many lights, loud music, people, craziness. Anyway, Peace,
    Peanut

Images

Shiloh! Holy ****! Man, thanks for everything you and shadowmoss did for me at Amicalola Falls State Park. Congrats on making it.

Thinking aboutre-hiking GA next Spring, you interested? I'll send you a PM.

Kirby

Hope to summit a week from Wednesday.

I just got back from hiking from Gorham to the north side of Saddleback Mnt a couple of days ago. Still a lot of thru-hikes doing the final streach. I'd say at least 20 who I meet along the way. Some of them were Keychian, Zen, Tailgate,Trout Bum, Bull Dog, Zero-Zero and my partner for this section, Peregrine trail dancer. When I got back to Gorham, saw there were still a lot of hikers passing through town, so it isn't finsihed yet either.

Man, I forgot how hard that section of trail is! Using my 6 pound Limmer boots didn't help, but being able to walk up slick ledge without slipping was nice, too bad my knees didn't like it too much. Only took one full body plant into a mud hole. But except for one rainy day, the weather was great and the views spetacular!

Looks like I got a little over 800 miles of the AT done this year, not to bad for section hiking, wish I had the time to have done all of Maine.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by Slo-go'en View Post
    I just got back from hiking from Gorham to the north side of Saddleback Mnt a couple of days ago. Still a lot of thru-hikes doing the final streach. I'd say at least 20 who I meet along the way. Some of them were Keychian, Zen, Tailgate,Trout Bum, Bull Dog, Zero-Zero and my partner for this section, Peregrine trail dancer. When I got back to Gorham, saw there were still a lot of hikers passing through town, so it isn't finsihed yet either.

Man, I forgot how hard that section of trail is! Using my 6 pound Limmer boots didn't help, but being able to walk up slick ledge without slipping was nice, too bad my knees didn't like it too much. Only took one full body plant into a mud hole. But except for one rainy day, the weather was great and the views spetacular!

Looks like I got a little over 800 miles of the AT done this year, not to bad for section hiking, wish I had the time to have done all of Maine.
    Good to hear from ya! Was wonderin where you were. Ill bet Keychain was glad to see ya. We are in Monson set to walk into the 100 tommorow and summiting next Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Chaco View Post
    Good to hear from ya! Was wonderin where you were. Ill bet Keychain was glad to see ya. We are in Monson set to walk into the 100 tommorow and summiting next Thursday.
    I hope you checked General Delivery in Monson.

Birdbath and I summited September 26 after a final almost epic push due to weather. I will post details later. We were #337 and #338.

avatar= bushwhackin' mount kancamagus nh 5-8-04 neighbor dave's Avatar
    Images

Thumbs up Way To Go!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Cheese View Post
    Birdbath and I summited September 26 after a final almost epic push due to weather. I will post details later. We were #337 and #338.
    YIPPPEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!
    HIP HIP HOORAY!!!!!
    TAH RAH RAH BOOM TI-AY!!!!!!!!!!
    CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default Summit

Buttercup and Duck (known as Jon and Steph for the first 600 miles) summited the big K on September 20th with The Animal, Thoughtfoot, Wookie, Big Brown, Daisy, and Eman.

Congrats and good luck to everyone!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
++ New Posts ++