WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Problems with parking

I saw an old post on Far Out reporting problems with car security and vandalism at the Salisbury Connecticut trail head off of Under Mountain road just off of the Cobble Road. Can anyone confirm this?

FWIW - There used to be a camping area just north of the trail head that was an attraction for locals, with predictable results. I believe that camping area has been removed, which reduces the attraction. I have parked there a few times over the last several years and not had any problems. However, the best place to check is with the resident State Trooper in Salisbury CT (860 435 2938) who would have more real-time information of that nature and if you are going to be parked there for an extended period may have some alternatives.

Good luck!

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

Just found the Farout comment you are likely referring to. Catalytic converter thefts were a huge problem statewide in CT the past few years but I don't think anyone is targeting trailheads any more than they're targeting populated areas. I've parked in the Undermountain/Cobbles road lot lot at least a dozen times and have never seen evidence of break-ins or vandalism.
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

++ New Posts ++