WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by wrongway_08 View Post
    someone will catch up to him and I hope they knock his teeth out with a nice heavy round rock.
    Wish I would have known this when I ran into him.... he wouldnt be able to walk the trail anymore.
    That's much closer to what I wanted to say.

Default Now, now, wrongway...

Quote Originally Posted by wrongway_08 View Post
    someone will catch up to him and I hope they knock his teeth out with a nice heavy round rock.
    Wish I would have known this when I ran into him.... he wouldnt be able to walk the trail anymore.
    Sure, this punk sounds like an ignorant oxygen thief. But, I understand it's a violation of WB's TOS to even come close to threatening violence upon someone (other than in defense of self or another, say). It's also not wise legally; lawsuits have been won over less.

Why not instead contact every hostel and near-Trail ranger station still ahead for this clown with full info about him and his actions? Whether he's simply shunned, or pressed into mending his ways and making restitution, either way justice is (somewhat) served, at no risk to you or the site.
    Last edited by minnesotasmith; 08-08-2008 at 18:48. Reason: better put

Quote Originally Posted by minnesotasmith View Post
    Sure, this punk sounds like an ignorant oxygen thief. But, I understand it's a violation of WB's TOS to even come close to threatening violence upon someone (other than in defense of self or another, say). It's also not wise legally; lawsuits have been won over less.

Why not instead contact every hostel and near-Trail ranger station still ahead for this clown with full info about him and his actions? Whether he's simply shunned, or pressed into mending his ways and making restitution, either way justice is (somewhat) served, at no risk to you or the site.
    That sounds downright constructive

Quote Originally Posted by minnesotasmith View Post
    great idea. maybe we should also mention the 17 year old we met who eats other peoples' food out of the hostel frig late at night?

Default Oh, he'll get his, too...

Quote Originally Posted by vonfrick View Post
    great idea. maybe we should also mention the 17 year old we met who eats other peoples' food out of the hostel frig late at night?
    There's a traditional response to that wrongdoing I'll bet he runs afoul of eventually:

http://econo-girl.blogspot.com/2006/...tolerance.html

You want to read the top comment, posted @ 4:26 P.M. by The Lazy Iguana. It's got a nice twist to it...

the fact that anyone on this site would wish for someone to get off the trail or to beaten to the point where they would need to get off the trail is absolutely disgusting you people make me sick. i dont like people sure but i hope they finish the trail, and i would never want to be the reason some got off. you people are sick
    a happy boddhitsva

Images

Quote Originally Posted by think0075 View Post
    the fact that anyone on this site would wish for someone to get off the trail or to beaten to the point where they would need to get off the trail is absolutely disgusting you people make me sick. i dont like people sure but i hope they finish the trail, and i would never want to be the reason some got off. you people are sick

Why is America so crimminal friendly? Because of people like this. Lets not hold people responsable for their actions, let him repeat the offense at every shelter..... maybe after his thru hike ends he will feel bad and repair it all.
    The fact is, this idiot doesnt deserve to finish the trail if he doesnt respect it. He does deserve a big beating and to get off the trail.

I guess if someone was scratching cuss words into your car, you wouldnt stop him untill he was done - because he was not done his "art work" on your car ????? I could hear it now:

THINK - "hey man, dont strach cuss words in my car"
    CRIMMINAL - "Dude, just need about 2 more hours or my journey into vandalism will not be complete"
    THINK - "Thats cool, wouldnt want you to miss the meaning of your vandilism"
    CRIMMINAL - "Thanks man, most people wouldve smashed my head in with a bat, hey, could you get me a Pepsi, I am thirsty and wont be able to fully enjoy the journey while I'm thirsty"
    THINK - "You bet! I want your best vandilism on my car, your not going to fix it and it'll take a while for my insurance to pay for it, so I want your best work while I'm driving around untill it gets fixed."
    CRIMMINAL - "Man you are awesome!"

Images

He vandalized the vast majority of the shelters in Maine, not just one or two. This isn't the same as disturbing someone by keeping people up at night or waking folks up at four in the morning or other rude behavior that will work itself out, he is being destructive and is no different than folks that scatter trash on the trail near 19E.

thanks!!

Images

I was hiking in June 09 in NH and saw "Cubby" etched into several shelter logs. How far south did he mark up shelters??

Wonder if he found the attention he was looking for?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++