WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Deadeye View Post
    Gov Clement is the worst excuse for a shelter there is on the LT - but at least now they've gated the road that made it such a party spot. It's still a hole in the ground, but a quiet one.
    Then you probably have not visited Cooper Lodge. In my opinion that one hold the number one spot for worst LT shelter, though there are a couple others in the running. Cooley Glenn has heaved and twisted badly. The roof leaked so badly when we were there one hiker set up her tent in the shelter to stay dry. Overall the GMC does an admirable job keeping up the shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by camojack View Post
    The place you're describing sounds like the Secret Shelter in NY...not VT.
    Yeah, that's what I thought, too. But then someone said the privy is nice with reading material. That's not the Secret Shelter I stayed at in NJ (I believe - mile 1,344). That privy is not in good shape at all; however the shelter itself was awesome. It even has heat and electricity for charging electronics, potable water and a shower across the field from the shelter. The owner is an great guy by the name of Jim Murray with whom I had a nice chat when I was there in May 2018.

I just realized I got sucked into a thread that was started more than 10 years ago. Oh well. Sorry I missed the Vermont Secret Shelter last year.
    Last edited by ldsailor; 02-25-2019 at 12:23.
    Trail Name - Slapshot
    "One step at a time."
    Blog - www.tonysadventure.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++