WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Solong whiteblaze..

After reading the front page article on the home page, I've decided that WB has gone too far. The site was already ridiculously restrictive of posters' topics and overly intolerant of poster's differences of opinion. Yes, differences of opinion can turn some people off, but it can also attract many who enjoy normal 'back and forth' discussion. These people will not be overly vocal about it, they will simply join in. I'd say the huge base of people that are here contributing daily is ample evidence of which approach is more appreciated.

There are other sites that require posters to remain 'in line', their popularity speaks for itself. There is no doubt that posters here who are forced to hold hands and sing 'coombaya', will grow tired quickly, and choose to spend their time elsewhere. It's a shame that attroll and rock are so completely oblivious about what makes WB so much fun. Kinda like when Coke became 'New Coke' so they could taste more like Pepsi ( which was less popular!). Oh, well. Good-bye WB it was fun.

Kirk Mcquest
    Throwing pearls to swine.

Images

Who Cares No One

Wink Chill.....

Me! I am just gald that "WB" is back. As far as thing being tightly controlled, well I have worked for a Defense Contrcator for 40-years, so take it from me, "you don't know how good you have it here"
    Cherokee Bill ..... previously known as "billyboy"

Images

byeeeee.
    ~If you cant do it with one bullet, dont do it at all.
    ~Well behaved women rarely make history.

Yellow Jacket
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by KirkMcquest View Post
    differences of opinion can turn some people off, but it can also attract many who enjoy normal 'back and forth' discussion.
    It wasn't a difference of opinion that got the site shutdown. It wasn't 'back and forth'. It was the insane level of personal attacks that had nothing to do with whatever subject was at hand.
    Yellow Jacket -- Words of Wisdom (tm) go here.

posters here who are forced to hold hands and sing 'coombaya', will grow tired quickly, and choose to spend their time elsewhere.
    Kirk Mcquest

Maybe they leave if they sing that song. Never had to hold hands and sing "Kumbaya" here before, though.

If you want to leave, just leave. Why do people feel the need to make a public declaration?

Images

Don't let the virtual door hit you in your virtual you-know-what.

If you think the shutdown was about "normal back and forth discussion" you are too numb to participate here anyway.

Survivor Dave's Trail Shuttles-www.atsurvivordave.com
    Images

After reading the front page article on the home page, I've decided that WB has gone too far. The site was already ridiculously restrictive of posters' topics and overly intolerant of poster's differences of opinion. Yes, differences of opinion can turn some people off, but it can also attract many who enjoy normal 'back and forth' discussion. These people will not be overly vocal about it, they will simply join in. I'd say the huge base of people that are here contributing daily is ample evidence of which approach is more appreciated.

There are other sites that require posters to remain 'in line', their popularity speaks for itself. There is no doubt that posters here who are forced to hold hands and sing 'coombaya', will grow tired quickly, and choose to spend their time elsewhere. It's a shame that attroll and rock are so completely oblivious about what makes WB so much fun. Kinda like when Coke became 'New Coke' so they could taste more like Pepsi ( which was less popular!). Oh, well. Good-bye WB it was fun.

Kirk Mcquest

Sorry you had a less than favorable experience here Kirk. I hope there is a website that might be more of what you are looking for.

SD
    Georgia Shuttling Website www.atsurvivordave.com

Quote Originally Posted by sherrill View Post
    Maybe they leave if they sing that song. Never had to hold hands and sing "Kumbaya" here before, though.

If you want to leave, just leave. Why do people feel the need to make a public declaration?
    He's just looking for attention. And like always, he is getting it.

He'll be back.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    he has one...longshanks
    Thank goodness your cognitive dissonance is multimodal.

Quote Originally Posted by sherrill View Post

Why do people feel the need to respond to a public declaration? I think you may have the answer to your own question

I see the general retardery is here in force, with all the usual suspects behaving all the same ways.

A Heart of a Hiker.... slamajama's Avatar

hiking site....im sure there are allot of political discussion forums

Does some of this discussion not maybe apply to what ATTROLL and ROCK were talking about or am I missing something in the translations?

Quote Originally Posted by EMAN View Post
    Does some of this discussion not maybe apply to what ATTROLL and ROCK were talking about or am I missing something in the translations?
    yup, that's why i deleted my posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    yup, that's why i deleted my posts
    good one

Geezer

I guess you have to figure that some people would not belong to a site where personal attacks are not allowed, and would leave.

This is the first real sign that the new policy is working.
    Frosty

Pilgrim of Serendipity

What ATTroll and Rock are trying to do is change the whole culture and flavor of the website. That's never easy to do in any kind of community. Culture change tends to be slow and gradual, and there are always folks who don't appreciate the new culture. When it's a website rather than a physical community, it's easier for people to leave-- which is entirely their choice and sometimes the best solution for all involved. Hopefully we can gracefully say "so long" and sincerely wish them luck... in keeping with the desired new culture of respect and friendliness.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
++ New Posts ++