WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Hog On Ice View Post
    that's pretty much what I was thinking too
    Are you agreeing with A-Train?? NOBODY ever agrees with A-Train!!!

Still, it's good to hear from you again.
    Stumpknocker
    Appalachian Trail is 35.9% complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Haven View Post
    Stumpknocker,
    If you get this I am sending you a personal invite to out Christmas Party this year if you can make it on Dec 6TH.If not I hope to see you at the ruck.
    Thanks Ron, I'll try my best to make it. Wait....today is the 8th!!

I missed it this year, but thanks for the invite. Hopefully next year.
    Stumpknocker

Addicted Hiker and Donating Member Hammock Hanger's Avatar
    Images

Why are you not answering your gmail????

BTW: I'm making some mighty good chicken for dinner..... smells, soooooo good!!
    Hammock Hanger -- Life is my journey and I'm surely not rushing to the "summit"...:D

http://www.gcast.com/u/hammockhanger/main

Default Did You Say "Chicken"?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammock Hanger View Post
    Why are you not answering your gmail????

BTW: I'm making some mighty good chicken for dinner..... smells, soooooo good!!
    Gmail?? I've been slowly catching up on my email. I know....I'm bad!!

I might answer sooner if I didn't have to hear everything you're having for dinner. Like I really care that you are having some "mighty good chicken" for dinner.

Isn't this a "hiking" site?? Shouldn't we be talkin' about walkin'? Where are you walkin' next??
    Stumpknocker

Quote Originally Posted by stumpknocker View Post

Isn't this a "hiking" site?? Shouldn't we be talkin' about walkin'? Where are you walkin' next??
    I'm having mac-n-cheese. . .

pm me and I'll give you the recipe. . .

Addicted Hiker and Donating Member Hammock Hanger's Avatar
    Images

If I can keep the swelling down on the knee and finish up my PT, I hope to hike some of north central FL for a few weeks in January. Still looking to get my last 20 miles in. However, since I will just be doing a section I don't really want to go out and do a whole lot of road walking.... Come May I hope to hike that whole month up in PA (not on the AT.) Got much snow yet?? (PS: I chicken was soooooo sooooo delicious!!)
    Hammock Hanger -- Life is my journey and I'm surely not rushing to the "summit"...:D

http://www.gcast.com/u/hammockhanger/main

the Long Trail in winter - I can see the book now - " The Extraordinary Adventurer" - hummm I wonder if he could get Liteshoe to ghost write it for him
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Train View Post
    He'd need Jan to write it to sell any copies. No one wants to read about Starbucks coffee and AYCE fried chicken and hostels every day
    that's pretty much what I was thinking too
    Ha ha, I just saw this. Thanks, guys.

I might have some free time, oh, in 2011. Should I book ya Stumpy?

Chapter One:
    "It was a dark and stormy night in my fall-leaf-filled tent. It was cold. I stank. (Like, REALLY stank). But I was used to it. I was seasoned (so was my shirt). I was tough. REALLY, REALLY tough.

"After all, despite multiple candy-ass thrus and tricycyle rides, I 'd also hiked in The Wet Year of '03. I could hang with the Big Boys. Ahhh, '03, what good times... the best of years... I thought, nibbling a dry corner of my fried pie.

"Suddenly, on some fortuitous, fragrant breeze, the smell of fresh-perked coffee penetrated the bodily fug, wafting up the thermals from NOC far below like some flavor-roasted Kona buzzard... could it be? Yes! Yes!!! OH. YES!!! It was!

"PEPPERMINT coffee!

"I couldn't stand it. There would be no sleep tonight. I HAD to have a hostel. No two ways about it. I could almost taste that terrific, seasonal peppermint coffee, And the fried chicken! so salty and crisp, perfectly done, the hot juices bursting through the skin...

"I packed up quickly, scattering fried pies far and wide. Blech! Pies! Leave them for the bears! There was peppermint coffee to be had!

"It was snowing by now, thick, slushy flakes, sticking to the trail and the logs.

"In my food-addled haste, I tripped.... "

To be continued...
    "The Ordinary Adventurer"
    http://www.FunFreedom.com

I thought you were going to write about a FUTURE hike, not one of his past ones.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++