WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Question Is this a good pot for my woodburning stove?

I'm shopping for pot to use with my Stratus Trailstove. I want titanium without silicon/rubber handles that may melt off. I'm a big eater, so I like a fair pot size as well. Can I do better than this pot from REI?

http://www.rei.com/product/649901

Sure, you could buy that pot, if you want to spend 90 bucks. Or you could get this Antigravity Pot, for 13 bucks. They're both 2 quarts.

Do you care about weight? Compare the weights of these two pots, and you might be surprised.

Oh, and as an added bonus, aluminum's heat transfer properties are far superior to titanium's.

It's your money, your choice.
    Roland

Thanks for the link. It's not so much the weight as it is the metal transfer and non-stick coating that I'm trying to avoid. Cast iron is my choice at home, but I'm not packing that on anything less than a donkey.

Antigravity Gear used to sell the same style pot as I linked above, but it was hard anodized, rather than non-stick coated. I, too, prefer to stay away from non-stick coatings. I don't see the hard anodized pot on his site anymore, but it was available just weeks ago, when I browsed the AG site. I would give George a call.
    Roland

++ New Posts ++