WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Class of 2010

Default pets

santa, yes I will miss them terribly. I insist the foster homes are temporary, as I fully intend to retrieve them when I get back.

And yes, friends and family. I couldn't let them go to strangers.

Well, my 2010 trip is off. With the current stock market crash, I cannot retire as planned. I want to make sure my family and I are financially secure. Retiring at the end of 2009 would be a stretch. My monthly hikes are now important than ever. These need to carry me through the next 3-4 years of work!!

To the class of 2010: best wishes for your times on the trail!!
    You are never too old.

Quote Originally Posted by Chenango View Post
    Well, my 2010 trip is off. With the current stock market crash, I cannot retire as planned. I want to make sure my family and I are financially secure. Retiring at the end of 2009 would be a stretch. My monthly hikes are now important than ever. These need to carry me through the next 3-4 years of work!!

To the class of 2010: best wishes for your times on the trail!!
    hey everything happens for a reason man. Good luck and have fun hiking.
    !nuf si sdarwkcab gnitirW

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    There's no need to stress about this. Honest. By the time you reach the climb to Moosilauke, you will be a hiking machine - having completed the most physically challenging section of the Trail.
    Sounds great - except for the fact I'll be going SOBO. Guess I'll just have to take the "where there's a will, there's a way" approach.

Journal Entries

Thinking about it, but it depends when in 2010 my son graduates from college.

I Gotta Get out of Here!! Foyt20's Avatar
    Images

I sat down with the fiancee, and got the OK for a 2010 thru. Now, just to figure out and save all the cash needed.

That may be the hardest part.

I am kind of psyched right now

well planing to hike either march or april of 2010 aiming for march saving as we speak
    GA to ME 2010

The Guy In The Kilt

I am planning on doing my 1st thru-hike in 2010. Looks like I will be going at it alone, unless I can con my buddy ,who tried it two years ago, to join me.

I am very psyched right now though. All of my family is really supporting me. My girlfriend isn't so receptive, but I am sure she will come around, or deal with it.

Default Vultran

I am planning to hike the remainder of the AT starting in Erwin, TN going north in 2010. I hiked from Amicalola to that point this year but would really like to finish the sooner the better, however 2009 is just unrealistic finance wise at this point.

Journal Entries
    Images

I am still on for 2010 but the way the economy if heading right now is really starting to scare me. I hope it does not stop me from my thru hike. I have the money set aside but I hope that I do not need to dig into it the way things are going.
    AT Troll (2010)
    Time does not wait for you, it keeps on rolling.

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

My wife and I are planning an early march of 010. All the stars have to align, but so far so good.

I am back and forth on 2010. Like AT Troll, the economy has me rethinking my retirement decision. I reeeeeeeeealy want to go in 2010.
    You are never too old.

Images

Thumbs up It's coming

I am still on for 2010. Things have changed a lot lately, like other posters say, but I am still going. Exactly 15 months from today. I may have to go back to work after but I don't care. It's time. At least I won't have to stay home and see how bad (maybe) things are. So be it. Onward and upward.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by walkin' wally View Post
    I am still on for 2010. Things have changed a lot lately, like other posters say, but I am still going. Exactly 15 months from today. I may have to go back to work after but I don't care. It's time. At least I won't have to stay home and see how bad (maybe) things are. So be it. Onward and upward.
    I here you Wally. I am still on for 2010, just a little concerned. I know when I get done I will have to go back to work, just worried about what the job market will be like.

I will be there on your start date. See you then.
    AT Troll (2010)
    Time does not wait for you, it keeps on rolling.

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

010 is out for me, but 09 is in.

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    I here you Wally. I am still on for 2010, just a little concerned. I know when I get done I will have to go back to work, just worried about what the job market will be like.

I will be there on your start date. See you then.
    I was sure wanting to go in 2010, but as it is now, I'm out of work. I believe 2011 is more realalistic for me.

Images

I'm definitely planning to go NOBO in 2010. I gave my 2 year notice at work last year. Who needs a perfectly good job anyways? I plan to leave in late March or late April. I haven't decided yet. I've section hiked from Amicalola Falls to Davenport Gap over the last 4 years. I'll be doing another 81 miles, from Davenport Gap to Sam's Gap, starting next week on the 27th, with a couple of friends.

Section hiking is fun but I've developed a burning desire to do the whole thing in one fell swoop. So here's to 2010!

Well I'm back on WB. I was spending waaayyy too much time here and not taking care of business that I had to ban myself until classes were done. Still on track for 2010.

Waiting to hear about a job transfer to Cincinnati. If I get it, then 2010 is definitely out for me. On the flip side, I should be financially secure for a 2012 or 2013 hike. I guess I am not much of a risk taker when it comes to money for my family. As long as I can continue my monthly hikes, I can wait a little longer. Have fun class of 2010. I will be following you on TJ (if it ever gets fixed).
    You are never too old.

Images

Well I was all for the AT for 2010, however, the day before Thanksgiving found me laying in a hospital bed after having a minor stroke. I write this from my home in Michigan where I am doing physical therapy and enjoying 9 inches of snow instead of at the barracks living the good life as a Marine in SC with 70+ degree weather. After speaking with my wife and doing a lot of re-evaluation, 2010 is out and weekend jaunts on the NCT will be my alternative. I will be hitting the trail with a guy in PA and another one in TN when I get the chance. Not giving up the dream, must off the table til I can figure out what God has in store for me. PS....I am almost physically back, just some coordination and strength issues.

Tony

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++