WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default One of the best feelings in the world...

Putting your 2 week notice in for a job you've been hating for the past 3 and a half years...how would I know...because I totally did it today!!!

No turning back now haha...It's going to be weird not getting a steady paycheck for the next 6 months but oh well...

See you sobo's around June 22nd

Hooray! Good luck and have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by salves View Post
    Putting your 2 week notice in for a job you've been hating for the past 3 and a half years...how would I know...because I totally did it today!!!

No turning back now haha...It's going to be weird not getting a steady paycheck for the next 6 months but oh well...

It's a good feeling indeed. Just don't let your thru-hike turn into "a job." Keep it fun.

Quote Originally Posted by _terrapin_ View Post
    It's a good feeling indeed. Just don't let your thru-hike turn into "a job." Keep it fun.
    remember terrapin's advice when it becomes a job, as it likey will at some point, then take a short vacation from your new "job" and you will get your mental energy back to head on down the trail. best wishes and stay healthy.

Slowest Hiker On Earth

It is a great feeling. I put mine in last week. Only 5 working days left.
    I have short timers disease now

Have a great trip

Images

Thumbs up

staying at this job for the two week paid vacation ive earned the past year the 26th of june, putting in my two weeks. very soon thereafter, lease is up, and im just about obligation free for... amount of time. planning a long section of getting lost in the woods to miss society for one of the few times in my life. by the middle of august, returning from an overdue hiatus of higher education, getting my life together. family reunion in Lee county, va in october. skyland accommodations on Halloween with the 'rents. needless to say, so much to look forward to. we've all got the fever...

yeah well you better get a job real soon when you get back .love dad

Hope it wasn't a family business!
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

just joking around,hope to here from you soon,happy trails love dad

Quote Originally Posted by salves View Post

Hey Cheesewhiz - just found this thread. Hi to your dad.
    Cheese is THE quote man on the trail. Hiked with him from Katahdin through NH. Hope the rest of your trail experience is fantastic. Looking forward to hearing your stories.
    BTW - Juice and Swing are coming to visit us in Marblehead in a couple weeks - of course the invite stretches to our other SOBO brother Cheesewhiz. Get in touch. If you can't find us just sit down and blow your whistle.

Quote Originally Posted by warraghiyagey View Post
    Hey Cheesewhiz - just found this thread. Hi to your dad.
    Cheese is THE quote man on the trail. Hiked with him from Katahdin through NH. Hope the rest of your trail experience is fantastic. Looking forward to hearing your stories.
    BTW - Juice and Swing are coming to visit us in Marblehead in a couple weeks - of course the invite stretches to our other SOBO brother Cheesewhiz. Get in touch. If you can't find us just sit down and blow your whistle.
    be nice warrghy!

Images

ah man my dad got a hold of whiteblaze...

Wargs and von Frick I'll get in touch with you when I hit up MA...I'm trying to catch up to Juicebox and Swing so I'm trying to truck it now...hope all is well..oh yea I got sick at the Mitpah Hut. Picture the dark halls of an AMC hut at 3 in the morning and the sounds of someone yacking up their dinner...yea that was me the night after Mt Washington. Put me 3 days more behind but oh well. I'll call you guys soon.

++ New Posts ++