WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Be sure to note the shoulder & foot girth because it makes a difference if you're a wide body or a string bean, even with the same brand (e.g., WM).

Images

Western Mountaineering has this thing they call "Sleeping bag overfills" where the add another 3 ounces of down to the Antelope for $27. Maybe worth looking into.

Panzer

Default Phantom 15

I have the Mountain Hardwear Phantom 15, 1#15oz, used it March to May this year on AT, NOBO, just a great bag. I have women's model, which are often heavier than men's. Purchased for under $200 at an LL Bean's outlet. If a Western Mountaineering were out of reach, this is a good sub.
    Best of luck, a good sleeping bag is a joy to use.
    "Live, Agnes, LIVE!"

I have been checking out bags, and I think the Western Mountaineering are among the best. I bought a 10 Degree Slumberjack Odyssee bag, and I have not used it yet, but from what I have since come to understand, it is junk. It is more like a 40 Degree bag. Evidentley, unless you are willing to pay a bundle for good quality, forget about accurate temperature ratings, lightweight, and water-resistance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++