WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Images

Smile Wrongway - I'm over here!

Been a while since updating but I just arrived in town with Peanut, Wing-it, Mr./Mrs. Peanut, Fire, Top Hat and Mouth.
    We are in Catawba, VA at mile 694.5! Great hiking, good times and now for some FOOD! Post more later, happy hiking to all!

Images

Glad to hear you are having a good time man. We're all pulling for you!

Images

Get a picture of the bear?
    One more thing ... I've been having fun with some of your images and photoshop
    You can never appreciate the shade of a tree unless you sweat in the sun.-- Author Unknown

Survivor Dave's Trail Shuttles-www.atsurvivordave.com
    Images

Call me! I hope you are well. I am off Trail due to injury, probably won't return for a thru this year. I'll hike in a couple of months.

I hiked with Top Hat at Muskrat Creek Shelter. Say hello for me.

SD

Top Hat at Muskrat Creek Shelter
    Georgia Shuttling Website www.atsurvivordave.com

what's fri. nights menu at the homeplace?

Images

Will say hello to Top Hat for you!

Eating steak....snacks.....more snacks.....

Having a great time!

No photo, missed th the sucker, amazing how fast a bear can disappear!

Images

Glad to hear all is going well. Let me know as you get up my way further.

I Gotta Get out of Here!! Foyt20's Avatar
    Images

Glad to hear everything is good!!! Yours is the first tj that i have ever followed.

Images

keep up the good work and lower the AT dropout rate. we need some studs to finish the trail this year and im banking you will make it. anyone have a guess on this years % of AT finishers for this year..i havent been online much lately but it seems there are alot of people pulling out already or am i just out of the loop....

From what FD says Rick is stubborn enough to finish the trail. So, have no doubts of it whatsoever. Sounds like he misses his friend, too. He wouldn't really say what happened, but, he did say they both messed up.
    Good luck to you Wrongway. I'm sure you'll do well out there.

Images

Say hi to Wing-it for me, if she is the one from PCT 2007.

Have fun! I love that area around Catawba
    Anything's within walking distance if you've got the time.
    GA-ME 03, LT 04/06, PCT 07'

the homeplace in catawba was SO good.no complaints from me, just the people who were there for their college gradation dinners in their shirt and ties, and then me with my grungy-dirty hiker clothes and my pack pigging out in the corner taking advantage of the AYCE!

-pusher

Images

Hey finally got to a internet connection and figured out my password problem.
    Sitting in Waynesboro now at a fellow hikers friends house, really cool people, we got hooked up with a great dinner and will be taking a zero on Saturday.
    Cought my 5th or 6th snake today, a 4.5 foot black snake, he was clinging to the side of a large tree, saw him as I walked pass the tree and just picked him up off the tree. He had just eaten a mouse or something and Peanut and I watch the food slide from his neck down to his belly, as we took photos holding him.
    Did 21 great miles today, started t 6am and had some of the best hiking yet. Weather was great and the rock formations were some of the coolest yet!
    Really having a great time, Trail days was awesome,met a lot of great people and finally found/bought a new Smartwool hat to replace the one I lost by Clingdome a few hundred miles back!
    Hope you all are having a great time and able to enjoy the outdoors, Happy Hiking to all!!!

Survivor Dave's Trail Shuttles-www.atsurvivordave.com
    Images

I got your text message. Did you get my call?

Hope you are well.

Call if you get a minute.

SD

Quote Originally Posted by wrongway_08 View Post
    Hey finally got to a internet connection and figured out my password problem.
    Sitting in Waynesboro now at a fellow hikers friends house, really cool people, we got hooked up with a great dinner and will be taking a zero on Saturday.
    Cought my 5th or 6th snake today, a 4.5 foot black snake, he was clinging to the side of a large tree, saw him as I walked pass the tree and just picked him up off the tree. He had just eaten a mouse or something and Peanut and I watch the food slide from his neck down to his belly, as we took photos holding him.
    Did 21 great miles today, started t 6am and had some of the best hiking yet. Weather was great and the rock formations were some of the coolest yet!
    Really having a great time, Trail days was awesome,met a lot of great people and finally found/bought a new Smartwool hat to replace the one I lost by Clingdome a few hundred miles back!
    Hope you all are having a great time and able to enjoy the outdoors, Happy Hiking to all!!!
    Georgia Shuttling Website www.atsurvivordave.com

Images

Well made it to Thorton Gap today. Got a shower, clean clothes on and about to eat!

Have seen a lot of bears, followed one we saw into the woods to get some good photos and a video. He ended up following me back to the path, medium size and really cool. Smelled funky, of course I'm one to talk!

Yesterday we saw a mother and her 2 cubs by a spring. I went down to get water with Erwin and as I was setting up the Hiker pro pump, Erwin was just looking straight ahead, I glanced over to see what it was and there was a bear by the tree. I got out the camera and walked over to it, the bear did a low growl and walked away but then returned, I walked a little closer to get some more shots. Then the bear walk away, grunted, stomped its feet and walked back towards the tree again. Walked a little closer and this made the bear run up the tree. Peanut was watching Erwin who was just chilled out and keeping an eye on me. I then relized why she wouldnt run, there was 2 cubs way up at the top of the tree.
    After a few good shots and a video the bears came down and walked into the woods.
    Was really cool to get a chance to see that.

This morning Erwin was bitten by another dog, he got a few bites in but ended up with a hurt left fron leg. Didnt relize it at the time but Erwin had two bloody bite (teeth) marks on the leg and was limping 3 miles later. I checked him over and it looks okay, will be carry'n his food again for a few days. Bummer, my pack was getting lighter !

All else is good, hope you all are doing well.

Images

Glad to hear from you. We missed having you on the Parade O'Fools trip but it sounds like you are having a blast. We will post pics from the trip that you can see next time you log on so keep an eye out for them.

Images

WoooHooo, cought my first Copperhead a few days ago!!! My camera broke the night before but Peanut got a great shot of me holding the snake. Copperheads sure are pretty, this one had perfect marking but was bad tempered like all the rest!

Erwin hurt his leg and might be off the trail, he is not handling the heat well at all either. Hudson has gotten big, looks like a short legged horse now, not sure if he will be joining me either, might be dogless the rest of this trip .

Going to work on Trail Journals page now, have fun ya'all and keep on hiking! Hope to see you out there.

Oh yea DoggieBag and crew - read your entry at the shelter pass Front Royal. Tooo bad you cant read what I wrote in response... Hahahhahahahaha.. might be worth a hike back out there to read it or maybe i just want you to sweat your ba!!s off heading back there for nothing! Catch ya later buddy and keep those photo shoped pics comming!

I am going to try and put up photos on my Trail Journals in about an hour or so.

Images

Oh yea Erwins leg from the dog bite was fine the next day.

lets not have no dog hat'n going on, dogs will be dogs and sometimes they just dont get along. The other dog owner did nothing wrong and his (all well as all other dogs I have seen on the trail) did not bother or attempt to bother other hikers or wild life.

Well looks like I might be limited to doing trail magic for other A.T. hiking dogs for the next 1165 miles.

Images

Congratulations on making it back to the halfway point. Looking forward to your updates. Yay!
    You can never appreciate the shade of a tree unless you sweat in the sun.-- Author Unknown

Images

Great to hear from you. I hope you had a chance to see the Pic that Doggiebag posted that I took after a few changes of Tinker. Its good for a laugh for sure. Let me know when you think you may be rolling up my way so I can see if I will be around.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++