WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Images

The trail was fun he loved it and all the things that went with it!
    He had a great time* I'm so happy for him.
    He loved every part of it The people, the food**, The hiking* The Veiws* Everything, Well aside from hiking the rainy days.
    But Were both excited for him to come home least for lil while.... i know doggiebag and the others will take him soon for another hiking trip .
    its time to come home for lil while *.. Cant forget his Family The trail was nice but im kinda nice too.. *Everyone is so excited!!

Autumnwind-
    I thought I could hear someone yelling up there. ha-ha. And I must say he could not have picked a more perfect day for a climb. Perfect views. He deserved it. Wonderful news............. Now for an awesome homecoming to you. Smiles Happiness for both of you.

Re-
    Thank you!!! and I am sooo way excited!!!! and yea you prolly did hear him haha

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Man View Post
    Awesome!

now the hard part begins... leaving the trail
    Turtle_Tami ~ Happyness is not having what you want but wanting what you have

Images

I asked him if he planned on taking a zero before he starts a Flip Flop. JK kind of. It will be tough he had such a great time he's going to miss it. We'll try to wean him slowly.

Images

Not using another box hes got enough pages to go threw..

9/13/08

***!!! HE WILL BE HOME SHORTLY SWEET !!!***

*TALK TO YOU ALL ON THE TRAIL IT WAS NICE TO MEET YOU ALL*

*~Tami~*
    Turtle_Tami ~ Happyness is not having what you want but wanting what you have

kludos!!!
    Peanuts (aka i.j.)
    "A womans place its on the trail"

way to go wrongway...see what happens when you rush things. i'm back in monson waiting for the feed...FEED!

Images

Thats awesome another conclusion to a great hike.

But I believe, yes I believe, I said I believe
    Images

Wrongway:
    It was a pleasure bumping into you from Springer to Erwin, and I am pleased you completed the deed.

Reality will not be easy, the real world will not understand(except for Tami). Don't take it personally, it's just the way it works. Reach out to people who hike, chances are they know someone in the area who has thru hiked. I've met two thru hikers in Portland since I returned.

Take care,
    Kirby

Images

I have seen it said that after taking that long out on the trail that sometimes people come back a bit "off". you know a few fries short of a full happy meal. I met you before the hike so if anyone has this concern I will be happy to tell them that you were like this all along. Remember that were all here because were not all there.

remember those who you met and those who stood by you especialy those who stood by they are true could not do half the stuff i did without true friends ther glad you safe maybe now i stop geting odd mail wish my back would let me do the hole trail

Images

Its Tami
    So true, I sent rick the mail sent he will get it shortly, He knows its there. -- Pending on the back pain i started doing yoga I feel so much beter i Feel Great* Mine hurt for a while too. Im hiking running camping playing tennis wanna bike but the peddles and chain are missing off my bike i tryed to fix it but... ricks gotta put them back on.. i hate being inside really now. theres a few things you can try for it that may help it get beter if its really bad may lil take time, i got some books, and links if ya wanna check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthStarMutant View Post
    remember those who you met and those who stood by you especialy those who stood by they are true could not do half the stuff i did without true friends ther glad you safe maybe now i stop geting odd mail wish my back would let me do the hole trail

My son and I were on our way down from the summit of Katahdin (after my 100 mi. wilderness trip) when we met Wrongway and Peanut just before going over what I consider the new "edge of the world" from the Table land down through what might be considered a vertical Mahoosuc Notch on the AT (Hunt Trail). By far it was the toughest single climb (even more as a descent) on the AT in New England. I now have completed the Trail through New England and Georgia. I still have a bit to do! .
    Peanut and Wrongway were so much fun to be with the few times I met them on the trail. They were like a true brother and sister, kidding with each other and being just a little cruel (in a nice sort of way). From what I've read, Rick went out of his way to help (and amuse) others numerous times on his trip.
    Congrats to both Wrongway and Peanut.
    T.
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

they are both awesome people to hike with, even if they did have stupid 'schedules' to stick to...

Good luck with everything Wrongway! Lotus and I missed all your antics on the trail. If you ever find another pair of crutches somewhere make sure you have a video camera present. I still have faith that you can make that flip happen. Stay safe!
    Will I ever get to where I am going? If I do, will I know when I am there?

Images

Finally got home!

Was a great trip, thanks to all the awesome hikers out on the trail - it was great getting to know everyone!

From the:
    - 4mph hikers - who I only got to meet once
    - the town junkies - hey thats my group
    - the ultra-lighters, who then carry a 5 pound guitar , thanks for the fire side music guys!!!!
    - the bird hunter, yet another great use for Leki poles!! I wont name you but man that was some funny *****! Oh yea and the trout sandwich - bet next time you will gut/cut the head off before making that sandwich again !!! MMmm,MMMmmmm.......good!!!
    - the group that built 6 foot fires, another one of my groups! It was like having 24 hour daylight!
    - all the hikers who hauled 60 pound packs the whole way....my hats off to you, that wouldve killed me!
    - all the thru-hikers I met, without all the great differences in hikers, the trip would not have been half as fun!!!

*******Thanks to all the Whiteblazers here, you helped me out during the trip, finding places, dropping mail drops, sending cards, texting/calling, giving great information on spots along the trail, allowing me to stay at a few of your homes and driving me to town, stores and your homes! You all rock!!

Well the summit day was great, we pushed up a day early - due to a weather forcast and boy were we happy with that decision!!! clear skies, light breeze, sun, great view of the surrounding mountains, able to meet the first half of our group who pulled ahead so they could summit in the early am that day and as a bounus we got to see Tinker and his son on their way down .

The group ended up going to Gorham, where we ate breakfast, Uphill headed home on the bus, Peanut and I got a ride from a delivery guy (not going to mention names incase his boss happens to read this), he drove us on the rest of his route and then dropped us off at the Kawasaki dealership.

A few hours later I left with a KLX 250 to drive home on. While driving it around town to "break in" the engine, it rained - hard! the temp tag fell of, so I had to write a new one on a chunk of cardboard!! Sorry Sasquatch - the dealership didnt send me off with that crappy loking tag!

On the way home I dropped Sasquatch a line and crashed at his place.
    Got to meet his new puppy, Hank, awesome puppy! Well mannered, he is going to make a great trail dog!! *****On a sadder note, his attack chicken is no longer at his house, it has been relocated to another house - so it now has other chickens to play with. ********* I hope Sasquatch didnt move it to a "safe house" due to my threat of stopping by and BBQ'n his attack chicken for a snack on the way home!!!

The rest of the drive was nice, funny thing, my bank decided that my 5 gas purchases of $4.00 during the ride home was enough cause to "red flag" my bank card and put a hold on it!!!......................... Never mind the last 6 months of weird hostel stays along the East coast, that wasnt good enough cause to "red flag" the card, it wasnt untill after spending all that money on hostels, food, gear and other strange crap that they decided the 5 times I spent $4.00 on gas going home was "red flag" material , its good they try to stop thieves - I just found it funny when they decided to finally stop my "thief" !

- Have a great night, will write more later!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by sofaking View Post
    they are both awesome people to hike with, even if they did have stupid 'schedules' to stick to...

Thank you!

It was great getting to meet you and hike with you. Let me know when you arrive back in MD, I'll take you up on the off road motorcycle racing!!

Happy hiking!!!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Thinker View Post
    Good luck with everything Wrongway! Lotus and I missed all your antics on the trail. If you ever find another pair of crutches somewhere make sure you have a video camera present. I still have faith that you can make that flip happen. Stay safe!
    It was a pleasure to meet the two of you and get to spend time knowing you. All the best in the future! I hope the hike was everything you hoped for and more.

Will be working on that flip, it'll happen - some day!!

do you think i could find out where 'squatch moved his chicken? i think i know a way to get a chicken into my cook pot...

Images

Quote Originally Posted by sofaking View Post
    do you think i could find out where 'squatch moved his chicken? i think i know a way to get a chicken into my cook pot...
    Now that you tipped your hand I have alerted the farm employees and with my oh so accurate skills as a sketch artist they will be on the look out for you. By the way i told them you were wanted for questioning in several bestiality cases up and down the east coast.

"Sir please step away from the sheep and put your hands where we can see them."

"What seems to be the problem officer?" asks Sofaking.

"What were you doing" demands the officer.

Sofaking responds sheepishly,

............. Wait for it

.............. its worth the wait.

............. Really trust me its good.

................... Here it comes

........................... Drum roll please

Mutton Honey!,

Get it, Mutton, as in sheep.

Que the applause.

Images

rolling eyes

Images