WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Images

Leaving town now, will be in Caratunk in 2 days.

But I believe, yes I believe, I said I believe
    Images

Don't underestimate the Barren-Chairback range or Whitecap. They'll kick your but if you underestimate them.

You can celebrate no more mountains after Whitecap.

Take care,
    Kirby

Images

Sweet. Hope it's exactly what you want. (I know you now never know what to expect) :^p Um... fools hike in Sept ? You going ?
    Without understanding, there is no growth.

Images

You still shooting for the same summit date that you were talking about when you were at my place? When you get a chance drop me a line and let me know what your plans are and if you want to swing in on your way home for a rest. Counting the days until the Sept trip.

Images

He and the others with him are trying to get out when they get out now, No, no set dates anymore, If they get out on that certin day thats great if not its okay, and if they get out faster then kick butt!! There happy any of those ways* he along with all the others went in to enjoy the hike with no rush, set date, or end time planned, Hes thinking it will be around the 15th.

been gone 6 mths guys! wow!!!!

And Thanks Survivor Dave* Yep Hes Making it! Gonna be Nice to have him home again!! We're ready!!! Thanks for all you All have done for Us!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch2014 View Post
    You still shooting for the same summit date that you were talking about when you were at my place? When you get a chance drop me a line and let me know what your plans are and if you want to swing in on your way home for a rest. Counting the days until the Sept trip.
    Turtle_Tami ~ Happyness is not having what you want but wanting what you have

Images

It kind of works out either way for me, too. Have friends in either the Carolinas or Deleware that want to get together then as well. (figures... nothing happens 'til I have "plans")
    Anyway, Never feel forced to a certain time, or that things have to be done a certain way. :^X It's no fun when you do that. But, from what you said before you left I know you understand that and don't need me telling you. (but, I have to anyway) :^p~
    Take care my friend. See ya soon enough.

Images

:banana

Well, we are all sitting in Monson! Going to zero Friday, then head out into the wilds!

Been a great trip, met lots of cool hikers. Sucks that the end is near, only a few days, 5 or 6, left !

Going to miss the: friends/trail/hostels/towns/dayhikers/food/animals (snakes!)/fires every night/sounds of birds,frogs,other things that sing us to sleep every night and the knee,leg,shoulder,foot pain!

A big thanks to everyone that has lent a hand, help with transportation, places to stay, stayed a night out on the trail, sent cards, made phone calls/pms & emails, drive to the doctors, allowed us smelly arses to swim in the indoor pool, painted my toenails - voted best looking toes on the trail - , brought out food & drinks, stopped by to say hello, text a few kind words and everyone that - even if you thought it was crazy stupid - supported me thru-hiking!

This will be the last time I get to write untill the thru-hike is over, guessing untill I find my way back home.
    I might jump back on before leaving Saturday morning, if no ones using the computer here.

Take care, happy hiking,
    - Wrongway_08 - Rick

Thru-hiked March 1st 2008 till Sept. 12th(?)2008

Images

Hope you hang around for the Trails End Festival in Millinocket the weekend after you finish. Should be a great party.

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/show...s+End+Festival

Images

Talking Hey all!!!

From this morning before he started hiking there was Only about 50 Miles to go!!!!!

Images

Smile Way to go Wrongway......

Great to see Wrongway is about to finish this amazing hike. Sounds like he was around Jo-mary campground. I am sure you can't wait to get him back home to you and the pups. You have been awesomely supportive of him throughout this journey of his. Cheers to you. Wishing you and Wrongway much happiness.

Images

Im So Happy*** I Feel Like a kid at Christmas!!! I cant wait till he pulls up the driveway*
    Again thank you to everyone for all the help! You all have been a big

help*

Quote Originally Posted by Autumnwind View Post
    Great to see Wrongway is about to finish this amazing hike. Sounds like he was around Jo-mary campground. I am sure you can't wait to get him back home to you and the pups. You have been awesomely supportive of him throughout this journey of his. Cheers to you. Wishing you and Wrongway much happiness.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by wrongway_08 View Post
    Well, we are all sitting in Monson! Going to zero Friday, then head out into the wilds!

Been a great trip, met lots of cool hikers. Sucks that the end is near, only a few days, 5 or 6, left !

Going to miss the: friends/trail/hostels/towns/dayhikers/food/animals (snakes!)/fires every night/sounds of birds,frogs,other things that sing us to sleep every night and the knee,leg,shoulder,foot pain!

A big thanks to everyone that has lent a hand, help with transportation, places to stay, stayed a night out on the trail, sent cards, made phone calls/pms & emails, drive to the doctors, allowed us smelly arses to swim in the indoor pool, painted my toenails - voted best looking toes on the trail - , brought out food & drinks, stopped by to say hello, text a few kind words and everyone that - even if you thought it was crazy stupid - supported me thru-hiking!

This will be the last time I get to write untill the thru-hike is over, guessing untill I find my way back home.
    I might jump back on before leaving Saturday morning, if no ones using the computer here.

Take care, happy hiking,
    - Wrongway_08 - Rick

Thru-hiked March 1st 2008 till Sept. 12th(?)2008
    Rick,glad to have met you and congradulations.Hope you the best in life and if you ever pass through Franklin,please stop by and say hello.You have done great.I knew you were doing good when I last saw you in Damascus,Ron & Family

Images

Congrats on the big finish. I wish ya'll the best.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Don't underestimate the Barren-Chairback range or Whitecap. They'll kick your but if you underestimate them.

You can celebrate no more mountains after Whitecap.

Take care,
    Kirby
    Unhow. The Barren Chairback Range kicked my butt, totally frustrating. Is it that hard? No. Was I expecting it to be easy? Yeah, that was the problemo.

ANyway, congrats to Wrongway, you done good man!
    Anything's within walking distance if you've got the time.
    GA-ME 03, LT 04/06, PCT 07'

Images

We have less then 30 miles left guys!!!

He will be home shortly to Post himself how kool is that!!

*Wrongway -- Thru-hiked March 1st 2008 till Sept. 12th?*

Friday!!

Images

Rick... um... like the box there's one more thing in the pipeline waiting to hit the real world. One last thing. You will get a FURTHER look into how I (we??) think. It's been great 'cause it's helped keep me focused. Everything around here is good. Happening as it should. (well, 'cept for the hike... can't go... family stuff... will let you know AFTER the Fools hike) Am soooo impressed by your getting this done.

Congrats man.

See you soon bud,
    Dak.

Images

GREAT NEWS!!!!****

2,174 MILES

Wrongway is sitting at Katahdins summit now!!! 2:43pm!!

**Thru-hiked March 1st 2008 till Sept. 11th 2008**

Images

Quote Originally Posted by turtle_tami View Post
    GREAT NEWS!!!!****

2,174 MILES

Wrongway is sitting at Katahdins summit now!!! 2:43pm!!

**Thru-hiked March 1st 2008 till Sept. 11th 2008**

CONGRATS WRONGWAY!!!

Awesome!

now the hard part begins... leaving the trail

Images

Default Yeah.............

I thought I could hear someone yelling up there. ha-ha. And I must say he could not have picked a more perfect day for a climb. Perfect views. He deserved it. Wonderful news............. Now for an awesome homecoming to you. Smiles Happiness for both of you.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
++ New Posts ++