WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Images

Hey Rick... You do realize now that I have the backpack and stuff 'cause of you we WILL have to actually use the stuff when you get back ? Doesn't seem like it's that far away any more. Look forward to seeing all the pics and stuff from your adventure. And meeting the other 'Fools' who hang out with you. Call me on a weekend sometime if you remember.
    Take 'er easy bud.
    Dak.

Images

Hey Dak I told him about you saying that you'll try to make the Sept Parade O'Fools trip he is excited about the prospects of this. He's still heading north should be into Mass in the next day or so. There was a great episode a few days ago with a garter snake with a major attitude, it really got after him. I want to say all i could do was laugh but I did manage to help by poking the snake as it was bitting him as well. At least I said I though that would help make it let go, didn't really seem to help much.

Images

Sitting in Salisbury, CT now, relaxing ......... again!
    Everything is well. Temps are nice again and a slight breeze has helped things out also.
    Looking forward to the Parade Of Fools trip this Sept., should be done in time....... as long as I dont do anymore 8 day zeros in trail towns !

Images

Got my hair cut and had the A.T. symbol shaved on the back of my head for the heck of it! Came out great. Thanks A.J.!
    Cell reception is really spotty, tried to call some of you but the signal was crappy. Will try later this week.
    hike safe - Rick

Images

Thanks Sasquach,
    Awesome to hear. Look forward to meeting you guys.

And Rick, we had an 8 foot black snake that guarded our fort when I was in 3rd grade. It moved in after we had the thing built. Guess it thought we were ok. (it never bothered us) But, whenever anyone else came by it would chase them down. It was hysterical to see/ hear these kids running away. (how many people do you know of who had a guard snake?)
    Without understanding, there is no growth.

Images

Oh yea... Rick, I'm getting a SECOND mtn bike today. You can use them whenever you want. Either so you don't have to haul yours back and forth from work, or for the imp who convienlently 'forgets' theirs so they don't have to go riding with you <g>. You can tell them yours is only 5 miles away, and act like they are yours. Only thing, the Trek can be for anyone else to use. Minor things are covered by the Bike Doctor. The other (better) one is just for you or me to use. (picking it up today). and, trails leave from right behind my house. :^D
    see ya soon.
    Dak.

Images

Sitting in Dalton, did a big 3 mile day to get here! Will do a real zero tomorrow!

My Hubba Hubba started leaking in the corners????? Have some of the good seam sealer, takes 12 hours to dry but the junk works great.

The hostel has a dog mix like my dog Hudson (Pitbull/Lab) and it turns out my dogs not fat - just growing into his normal self! He is going to get BIG! Not too tall, like hip tall but really WIDE!

Not much new, everything is going okay and I am still having a lot of fun. Nothing hurts, not hungry, not wet, not too dry, great hiking weather, bugs are dying off a little ! !

The replacement pack ULA sent me is awesome! Fits better then the first one and seems to carry the load better. Guessing the first one had a flaw in it. Thanks ULA for sending the new one out - you guys rock!

Finally wore out 2 pairs of socks, they went pretty much at the same time, 1,600 miles is decent for wearing them every other day! SmartWool will be my pick for socks for here on out.

Deet has worked great for the bugs, I get the 100% bottles and coat myself morning and then again in the afternoon - last untill I go to bed.

Taking heated showers at the shelters now. I boil a pot full of water and then dump it into my Platypus, mixed with 1 liter of cold water and it turns out perfect! Hang Platypus from a tree, strip down, hose down, soap up and hose off - man it feels great and I dont stink myself outta my tent !!!!!!

Okay done my ramble, safe hiking everyone!
    - Wrongway_08 ------- AKA - Rick

Images

hmmmm a post right after mine. LOL (I had to)

When do you think you're gonna get your arse back to MD ??

Images

Hey make sure to tell Ron I said hello. You should check out my pic that he took of me last fall when I rolled through there.

Images

WE HAVE A SNAKE AT THE MAILBOX A BIG BLACK SNAKE!!! It Really is BIG its not just me 4-5' AND FAT!! Scared the MUNCHIES outta me today!!! I like the Skunks More !!!!
    No More 0 days i got a SNAKE for you to catch!!!
    Turtle_Tami ~ Happyness is not having what you want but wanting what you have

Images

Good for you, keep up the good work! More than 2/3rds of the way there.
    Anything's within walking distance if you've got the time.
    GA-ME 03, LT 04/06, PCT 07'

Images

Gonna mail a 'small' box to NH prolly monday.... unless you let me know of a closer spot to mail to. (want to make sure you get it). It has a couple of Washington Post™ articles about the trail I thought you'd like. Plus a couple of other things. I forgot the POs close early today, well, ok... I was lazy and didn't get my arse out in time. Still.... (yea, should be better)
    See ya in Sept bud

Wrongway, whats up man? Been following you in the registers. Was hoping to see you out here but looking like you are way ahead at this point. How has your pack held up. I had to replace mine but Golite gave me a replacement for free.
    How is hiking with the dog going?
    Hope you are having as much fine as i am.

Images

everything is ggod, the dog is sitting at home, relaxing with Hudson (my other dog).

Sitting in a hotel in Vermont, about 10 miles past the border. Rained a lot yesterday, so everything is wet.

I am using the ULA Circuit now, the Go-lite Jam 2 held up fine and I will be ising it for 2-3 day trips, but decided to get something a little bigger for this hike so everything wasnt packed so tight.

Well 580 miles or so to go, sucks... the end is near.....going to take as long as I possibly can...... dont want the trip to end!

Thinking of buying a enduro motorcycle at one of the dealerships in Maine to drive back home with.... kind of a "treat" for completing this trail!

Big thanks to Tinker for heading to the trail and taking us out for lunch, it was nice to catch up with you!! Thanks, the food was great and the company better!

Sasquatch, I have a few painted toenail photos with some outlooks in the background for the kid! Thanks again for the hook-ups and helping out Love Boat with his travels.

Hope everyone is doing great and finding time to hike... catch ya later,
    - Wrongway_08
    AKA, Rick

I thought Loveboat was kidding about the painted toenails when I dropped him back on the trail this morning (West Cornwall, CT). Sounds like you got way ahead of him - go slower and maybe he will catch you.

Quote Originally Posted by wrongway_08 View Post
    everything is ggod, the dog is sitting at home, relaxing with Hudson (my other dog).

Sitting in a hotel in Vermont, about 10 miles past the border. Rained a lot yesterday, so everything is wet.

I am using the ULA Circuit now, the Go-lite Jam 2 held up fine and I will be ising it for 2-3 day trips, but decided to get something a little bigger for this hike so everything wasnt packed so tight.

Well 580 miles or so to go, sucks... the end is near.....going to take as long as I possibly can...... dont want the trip to end!

Thinking of buying a enduro motorcycle at one of the dealerships in Maine to drive back home with.... kind of a "treat" for completing this trail!

Big thanks to Tinker for heading to the trail and taking us out for lunch, it was nice to catch up with you!! Thanks, the food was great and the company better!

Sasquatch, I have a few painted toenail photos with some outlooks in the background for the kid! Thanks again for the hook-ups and helping out Love Boat with his travels.

Hope everyone is doing great and finding time to hike... catch ya later,
    - Wrongway_08
    AKA, Rick
    The pleasure was all mine. Nice to see you again and to meet Peanut.
    When will you be at the Inn At Long Trail? I'm looking for another excuse to visit the trail sections I've done previously.
    If you can meet me on the weekend of Aug. 2-3, I think I can get away again .
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

Images

Wrongway... tell Paco, Precious, Taco, and Tim I hope they do well on the trail, too. And don't get stared at too much by the fellow hikers. LOL

Images

wrongway aka Rick is sitting in Vermont right now, he got to town yesterday, he resupplyed got everything he needed, he had me laughing, he had to walk all over town to find somewhere to get a coke nobody sold coke or pepsi it was funny finally he found a rite aid he was soooo happy!!
    he is doing good they did a 20 mile day 2 days ago and yesterday they did a 10 mile day, today im not sure if there doing a zero or if there going to keep truck'n we didnt talk about that i will let ya know soon as i find out.

Images

wrongway aka rick did about 12 miles yesterday, i will let ya know more details on his days lata.

Images

had a kinda late start yesterday wasnt feeling the best threwout the night/am when he got up he was feeling alot beter he got 16 more miles done!! sweet!!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
++ New Posts ++