WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Images

http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pb...D=200880509026

14 years for killing two people...no justice for the victims..their families or friends. This guy murders 2 people...serves 14 years and is released to do it again....how can anyone trust the legal system this time around any differently than before? What is sickening is that if a relative or friend of any one of the victims were to blow this P.O.S. away the justice system would likely make an example of them and put them away for life.

"Liberty and Justice For All"
    "Going to the woods is going home" - John Muir

"Only by going alone in silence, without baggage, can one truely get into the heart of the wilderness" - John Muir

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind View Post
    http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pb...D=200880509026

14 years for killing two people...no justice for the victims..their families or friends. This guy murders 2 people...serves 14 years and is released to do it again....how can anyone trust the legal system this time around any differently than before? What is sickening is that if a relative or friend of any one of the victims were to blow this P.O.S. away the justice system would likely make an example of them and put them away for life.

"Liberty and Justice For All"
    The legal system deals with whatever evidence it has, or can find. If you know someone is guilty, but can't prove it, you plea bargain -- or let the guy go free.

Perhaps some of the rules need changing. But one rule must remain. You are innocent, until someone proves without any reasonable doubts, otherwise.

He is a murderer.
    The system offered him a "deal."
    He took it.
    Now he's proven himself a menace.
    He won't be free again, I'd guess.

Quote Originally Posted by weary View Post
    The legal system deals with whatever evidence it has, or can find. If you know someone is guilty, but can't prove it, you plea bargain -- or let the guy go free.

Perhaps some of the rules need changing. But one rule must remain. You are innocent, until someone proves without any reasonable doubts, otherwise.
    sshh, logic and fact don't hold water here...pundit status is acheived by reading a few old links and recent posts. self righteousness is considered to be a good thing and emotional rants are given more credibility than they deserve...

jstmean

Concealed carry is smart and necessary. I never went on my land without a firearm with Randall Smith at the base. If he had threatened me while on my trails, he would have meant it and I would not have stood a chance without a firearm. I think that was proven in 1981. Don't leave home without it.

Are you really mean? You don't look mean.
    [COLOR="Blue"]Hokey Pokey [/COLOR]

jstmean

Spunky, He walked his dog up my mountain to the Trail almost every day when I owned the land next to his (2000-2007). I'm not sure how all these posts link, but I gave a description of his appearance in a previous post. You are speaking of Morva who was much younger and mainly was around VA Tech in Blacksburg. The 98 acres I owned was Angel's Rest. You probably did see him.

when i lived in b-burg ('93-'01) i remember being up at angel's rest and hanging out with goats. they'd hop around from ledge to ledge, were those yours?

jstmean

Hikerhead: of course I'm mean...I'm a real estate broker who lived next to a serial killer

jstmean

Rick B: according to local cops (who I think have some credibility), they think there may be more killings by him.

jstmean

Default Randall Lee Smith was My Neighbor

I can't figure out where my posts go, so if this one is redundant...apologies and...oh f*** well.

I am the "Robin Stephen" in the Roanoke Times article that is being referenced. I dealt with him for over 7 years. He walked my land every day...the Appalachian Trail ran across the entire top of my land. Anyone with questions can ask. I don't like the fact that they released him from the hospital in the deplorable condition that they did. He couldn't walk, couldn't even hold his head up and they never would have released anyone else in that condition. Then they threw him in a cell to watch him die. The problem here is, aside from the violation of human rights (yes, I know he was a cold blooded murdering SOB that would have eventually tried to kill me too)...we all needed answers and that was taken away. Who knows if there were other victims...anyone with a missing family member or an unsolved murder near the Trail...the families will never know if the murderer was caught or still at large. The negligent hospital and/or jail (ever heard of suicide watch 24/7...?) took that away from everyone who needed or wanted to know. For the person that said he "would have gotten the death penalty"...uh...he didn't kill the fishermen...he wounded them.

For the person that said "his house is for sale!"...no it is not, however, the land I owned when we were neighbors, that he used as access to the Trail, is for sale. It is 98 acres for approx $150k. He actually tried to buy an acre from us to "put a trailer up right next to the Trail" so that he could live there. He talked alot about "being able to live off the land for a long time" and going undetected. I am certain he followed me a few times when I went up on the mountain alone. I was heavily armed, but at the time I did not know just how much danger I was really in.

I might be able to answer alot of questions people may have. I think he thought my (ex) husband was his best friend. He talked to him endlessly and tried to manipulate him...to the point that I pretty much had to forbid him from walking the mountain with this guy. Smith was a full blown sociopath.

jstmean

Sofa, if you are talking to me...no, they were not my goats. I have not heard of wild herds of goats, but I guess it is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by jstmean View Post
    Sofa, if you are talking to me...no, they were not my goats. I have not heard of wild herds of goats, but I guess it is possible.
    they were all over the ridge just south of angels rest for awhile...had 'runs' all beaten through the brush and would hang out on the ledges overlooking the valley to the southwest? before the powerlines, i remember that much...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
++ New Posts ++