Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36 42 43 44 45 46

How can I change my profile picture?

Hello,

I recently signed up here. NEW MEMBER! Wanted to say hello to all of you. I hope we'll get along.

Hello everyone,

Thank you for creating this community.

Best,

Just signed up too. Already finding lots of ideas.

New here also. Looks like a great community.
    RB

I guess this is where we introduce ourselves. New to forums and this site, but not to backpacking. I have spent the last three weeks reading the great information on this site. Thank you to those that put it together and the many members that keep it going.

I have been backpacking for 45 yrs. Proof is the type of gear I still use: Kelty Tioga backpack (1976 edition), Eureka Timberline tent ( 7.5lb. model), hiking poles made from pine when I was 16, cheap polar guard sleeping bag from 1978, and plastic used to protect mattresses (these are replaced every year.)

I have backpacked and hunted in the Rockies (CO), Big Horns (WY), Black Hills (SD), Yellowstone (WY), and throughout Canada. Since I was a kid I always dreamed of hiking the big two (AT and PCT). Now I look at hiking the big three. That is how I found your forum and great advice. My shakedown hike will be the George Mickalson? trail (100 mi.) in the Black Hills of SD this fall and plan a thru hike of the AT early spring. The information I found on this site gives me the confidence that I can make it at my age. Thank you for all of your insights and information.

Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36 42 43 44 45 46
++ New Posts ++