WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 34 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast
    Journal Entries

Cool Hiking Georgia in mid-May

What's the weather like in Georgia mid-May. Nights ? Days?

Happy to rejoin white blaze. I have an old pdf file from 2008 that was a handy printed listing of trail mileages etc. I know that this a low tech but I have always found it useful. https://www.dropbox.com/s/w6gobpq873...B1%5D.pdf?dl=0. Does this still exist on the site with updated information.

Thanks.

Just joined White Blaze and while looking for information in regard to hiking/back packing the AT and surrounding trails in Georgia. I hope to meet new friends and enjoy the forum. I will soon be doing my first section hike (Georgia) in April/May and will be reading a lot you all have to say.

Awesome forum! I just signed up yesterday. I'm doing a NOBO thru-hike with the Warrior Hike group this year,starting in March. I'm very excited to get started and hope to meet some of you out on the trail.

Images

Great site!! Lots of information and advice. I'm a newbie from Florida. Hike this flat ground every weekend. Planning on a AT section hike late April/early May 2016. Planning a NOBO thru hike in 2017. Just battled two cancers. Better get busy living.

So here I go again! I had planned to hike the AT back in 2007...time flies and stuff gets in the way. I am no longer property of the government so NOW is the time! I am taking this whole thing one step at a time and am full of excitement and anxiety. I may not get very far, but thru hiking has always been that dream of mine..btw, how do i edit my profile? Im no longer in washington state but Im in my childhood state, Maine. Anyways, I'm looking forward to plowing through the articles and discussions.

Hello all,
    I'm looking at a SOBO hike or possibly a flip flop starting in late June of this year. Hoping to soak up some knowledge from the forum! I've done a lot of hiking and one long backpacking trip, but it was the Camino de Santiago where there are little hostels to stay in each night, so there was no actual camping involved. I know the AT will be a whole different ball game!

Hello! I have been planning a NOBO thruhike since 2011 but family obligations are holding me back. I'm like a horse chomping at the bits. I am hopeful that I will be able to start in March 2017. I'm looking forward to meeting the members on this forum and gleaning as much information as possible. Thanks for having me!...~Dynamite~

Thanks for the add

Thanks for the add!! Just starting out and really interested in some of the long treks out there.

thank you! So excited to be here!

thank you! So excited to be here! This site is so helpful! Planning on a thru hike on the PCT, leaving on May 15th. I am new to long distance hiking, a bit nervous about the later start date. Would love to find a hiking partner or group to join with.

Hi Kilted Wookie! I am new to the trail. I just moved to NC and want to do a couple of section hikes this winter. Just 40-50 miles each. I don't have time to wait for the permit for the Smokies so I have to work around that. I am planning on starting the first week of March. Maybe we will see you around. I have to go back to work in AK for the summer March 27th so I will be off the trail before then. captainmatty

Default Lost in NC...

HI guys and gals. I am new to the AT. I just moved to NC. I work in AK end of March through November. I want to do a couple of 40-50 mile sections in the next few weeks. If I am reading things right you need to apply for a Smokey Mountain permit a month in advance??? If so, that section is out for me. I am having a hard time finding a good map showing the trail in detail so that I can figure out road crossings and distances. I guess that I need to buy the Companion? Will that answer my questions? Thanks and happy hiking. captainmatty

Hey folks new member here. Im a left-coaster but ive found this to be one of my favorite outdoor forums and hope to hike the AT someday. Im sure i can contribute something of use instead of just lurking :-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Journal Entries

Greetings fine members of White Blaze,

I am going to thru hike the Appalachian trail (south bound) hopefully sooner the better. Was hoping to get an idea of how the Maine region is looking what with the relatively mild New England weather we had this year. I am currently in western Massachusetts.

I would like to beat the Maine black flies but would like to get some info on what the water/snow up there is looking like.

I plan on a lackadaisical voyage over all with a few scenic detours and maybe some fishing stops along the way. So getting some information on locations not too far off the trail such as waterfalls and other points of interest would also be something added to my notes.

I am also going to be hitting a few library's along the way for uploading photos / communications. I would be happy to post a few trail updates here to your fine site if it will be of any help or interest.

Hope we cross paths here in cyber world or even better along the trail!

-Joe

I have been a member of the site for a awhile, but I am not sure if I introduced myself. I have been collecting gear slowly over the last few years, going on day hike here in Rhode Island. I plan on taking a few multiway trips this year (mid-state trail in Massachusetts and the AT through Connecticut. Look forward to seeing you on the trail.

Is White House Landing open for 2016

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by douglasakin View Post
    Is White House Landing open for 2016
    It is listed in the 2016 guidebooks. Here is the listing.

White House Landing 207.745.5116 By advance reservation only, 2 person/ 1 night min for pickup/return, arrival date flexible. Open MemDay-Oct 15. Bunk $35PP, semi-private $45S, $75D + tax. Shower, towel, pillowcase included; linens extra. AYCE breakfast, Dinner menu includes burgers, pizza & more. Free use of canoes. CC accepted. Mail for 2-night guests only: PO Box 1, Millinocket, ME 04462.
    AT Troll (2010)
    Time does not wait for you, it keeps on rolling.

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Howdy. Glad to be aboard. I was section hiking the Smoky Mountain Nat'l Park last week, and hooked up with a bubble of through hikers for a few days - one of them mentioned this site. I don't know her user name, and I'm not sure what her trail name is... In that bubble were Bigfoot, Oso, Beast, Outlaw, HannaSolo, Bubbles, and a few others.
    I've been section hiking for a little over a year now, and have hiked from Amicalola Falls to Davenport Gap. Some day I hope to do a through hike, but until I can, I do a week whenever I get time. I may become a 2000 miler before I get the opportunity to do a through hike.

Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 34 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++