WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 46 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Journal Entries
    Images

Default Welcome to WhiteBlaze.net

Welcome to the WhiteBlaze Network!

The WhiteBlaze Network was created by a community of Appalachian Trail enthusiasts. Its intended purpose is to provide a forum for free exchange of ideas about the Appalachian Trail including its history, supporting the trail, hiking the trail, and general issues important to those that enjoy the Appalachian Trail.

This site is not about any one person or their idea of what the Appalachian Trail should be or to dictate to you (the hiker) how the trail is supposed to be used. We leave that for you to decide. Interact with the other members to get a better idea of what others on the trail are thinking and maybe you will get a better idea of what it is all about.

If you have any questions, don't look for an administrator with all the answers, even about how to run this site. Instead, come in and ask the members. Become a member, and you are equally as important as the rest of us.

So come on in and enjoy yourself!
    AT Troll (2010)
    Time does not wait for you, it keeps on rolling.

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Just Passin' Thru.... Kozmic Zian's Avatar
    Images

Thumbs up welcome

Attrol: I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for the super forum. I really enjoy it...recently I've really taken off with it. Lots o' fun...even w/ the AH. I can see how it takes all kinds, right. But you guys (you have staff?) have done a great job. The site is very accessable, simple to figure out, and a joy to visit. I put up some photos, check 'um out. Be seeing you on the site....Kozmic Zian
    Kozmic Zian@ :cool: ' My father considered a walk in the woods as equivalent to churchgoing'. ALDOUS HUXLEY

Trail Angel

Default OK, I did!

Nice Site. I have added my name and hope to gain some valuable info for my Trail Angel work that I look forward to so much each spring and summer. Have been baking homemade cookies and handing them out to thru hikers for two years from a downtown Waynesboro,VA office location. Have met some of the most wonderful people! I wish I could drop everything and go along with them! Sadly my office is no longer downtown as I have changed jobs but I travel the Blue Ridge Parkway to work every day now and plan to visit with the hikers there. Hoping to get some sort of feast or fest going in Waynesboro too for this years hikers. Won't compare to Damacus but it should be fun. I'd love to hear hikers ideas on what would be appealing. Look me up as you pass through! I am on the Free Hiker Shuttle call list that you get at the Rockfuish Gap Visitors Center.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Bennett
    Nice Site. I have added my name and hope to gain some valuable info for my Trail Angel work that I look forward to so much each spring and summer. Have been baking homemade cookies and handing them out to thru hikers for two years from a downtown Waynesboro,VA office location. Have met some of the most wonderful people! I wish I could drop everything and go along with them! Sadly my office is no longer downtown as I have changed jobs but I travel the Blue Ridge Parkway to work every day now and plan to visit with the hikers there. Hoping to get some sort of feast or fest going in Waynesboro too for this years hikers. Won't compare to Damacus but it should be fun. I'd love to hear hikers ideas on what would be appealing. Look me up as you pass through! I am on the Free Hiker Shuttle call list that you get at the Rockfuish Gap Visitors Center.
    Thank you my Angel, Saint, Hero, your cookies are great. I would move to the wonderful town of Waynesboro, where I've left all my worldly possessions unguarded at the Y three times, but I wouldn't want to lower the property values.

Default Newbie From New Jersey...

Just signed-up yesterday and wanted to say "hello" to all.
    I am fairly new to hiking, although, I've probably hiked many inconsistant miles through the years.
    I reside a mile or so from the trail. An area near the NY/NJ border referred to as Stairway to Heaven. I am fortunate to live in a beautiful area and have recently begun discovering it through hiking.
    This site seems like a wealth of information and was lucky enough to stumble upon it while searching for info on "The Secret Shelter".
    Thanks for offering such a well organized place for info and experienced discussion.
    Glad to be here.

LT '79; AT '73-'14 in sections; Donating Member Kerosene's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Appalachia
    I reside a mile or so from the trail. An area near the NY/NJ border referred to as Stairway to Heaven.
    Is that the climb up to Pinwheel Vista outside Vernon? I had a lovely breakfast up there on a cool morning in early July 2004 after climbing up from my stealth hammock campsite a few miles south. Here is a picture of my view looking south towards Vernon. You can clearly see the High Point Monument on a ridge about 20 miles to the west, but my picture didn't do the view justice.
    GA←↕→ME: 1973 to 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Kerosene
    Is that the climb up to Pinwheel Vista outside Vernon?
    Yes... exactly.

... Here is a picture of my view looking south towards Vernon. You can clearly see the High Point Monument on a ridge about 20 miles to the west, but my picture didn't do the view justice.
    Not sure if it's just me, but... where?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Jay View Post
    Thank you my Angel, Saint, Hero, your cookies are great. I would move to the wonderful town of Waynesboro, where I've left all my worldly possessions unguarded at the Y three times, but I wouldn't want to lower the property values.
    Just signed-up yesterday and wanted to say "hello" to all.
    I am fairly new to hiking, although, I've probably hiked many inconsistant miles through the years.
    I reside a mile or so from the trail. An area near the NY/NJ border referred to as Stairway to Heaven. I am fortunate to live in a beautiful area and have recently begun discovering it through hiking.
    This site seems like a wealth of information and was lucky enough to stumble upon it while searching for info on "The Secret Shelter".
    Thanks for offering such a well organized place for info and experienced discussion.
    Glad to be here.

Images

to WB
    "That's the thing about possum innards - they's just as good the second day." - Jed Clampett

Default The NOOB

Hey everyone just joined and wanted to say hello. Trying to get information about hiking the AT and got lots of questions but i'll see where the search takes me first.

I've been visitng this site off and on over the past couple of years and finally decided to join tonight. I'm from Eastern, NC where I have been working as a Correctional Officer for the NC Dept. of Corrections for the past 15 years. My plan is to attempt a thru-hike very soon after retirement (2021). As of now, I'm section hiking the trail. Hope to meet some cool people here at White Blaze.net

Welcome, it's nice to see you.

Images

, Cloudwalker.

Journal Entries
    Images

Default new member HELLO!

Welcome CLOUDWALKER!

I, too, would like to ECHO the above statements...

ATTROLL....THANKS for a GREAT service to the hiking community!

this site just keeps growing & getting better & BETTER!
    see ya'll UP the trail!

"Jaybird"

GA-ME...
    "on-the-20-year-plan"

www.trailjournals.com/Jaybird2013

hey cloudwalker - you should mention that you are rehosting Stove Stompers site on your site (with permission) - http://www.cloudwalkersbasecamp.com/stove_stomper.html - a number of folks here also liked Stove Stompers site

Images

Thumbs up

Welcome, Cloudwalker! Jump in, the water's fine.

RainMan

[I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    Welcome to the WhiteBlaze Network!

The WhiteBlaze Network was created by a community of Appalachian Trail enthusiasts. Its intended purpose is to provide a forum for free exchange of ideas about the Appalachian Trail including its history, supporting the trail, hiking the trail, and general issues important to those that enjoy the Appalachian Trail.

This site is not about any one person or their idea of what the Appalachian Trail should be or to dictate to you (the hiker) how the trail is supposed to be used. We leave that for you to decide. Interact with the other members to get a better idea of what others on the trail are thinking and maybe you will get a better idea of what it is all about.

If you have any questions, don't look for an administrator with all the answers, even about how to run this site. Instead, come in and ask the members. Become a member, and you are equally as important as the rest of us.

So come on in and enjoy yourself!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[email protected]
    Thanks this is a great site

Hello, I am new here! My husband joined last year. I know some of you and looking forward to seeing you on the trail. I haven't been on the trail for awhile now due to injury. I am good as new now and ready to do some backpacking!!!
    :sun Cottonsox

Journal Entries
    Images

Welcome aboard.
    AT Troll (2010)
    Time does not wait for you, it keeps on rolling.

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Default 2010 or bust

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    Welcome aboard.
    are you going to be hiking ant this year.

Page 1 of 46 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++