WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

I've been off of the board for about a year...but I'm back. Getting ready for a few hundred miles of Section Hiking this year. What's with the new bumpersticker? :-)

Default Great site!

I found this site tru Facebook. Very cool. I am gonna go wander around a little bit. Hope to talk to ya'll soon. Thanks!!
    Keep Wandering, You'll find it...

Quote Originally Posted by arasjane View Post
    I found this site tru Facebook. Very cool. I am gonna go wander around a little bit. Hope to talk to ya'll soon. Thanks!!
    Enjoy the ride! I mean hike.....

Quote Originally Posted by arasjane View Post

Images

Smile Hike near SNP

I live near SNP and after resigning from my job as a preacher I have made a section hike over the next few years a goal. When my kids are in college and I've got enough years in teaching to get full retirement (13 years to go), then I'm thru-hiking, by golly. Gotta lose about 25 more pounds to start my overnight trips (May 18), so I can sleep in the woods with out having to plug in my sleep apnea machine.

Love the site.
    Lemni Skate away

The trail will save my life

Quote Originally Posted by Lemni Skate View Post
    I live near SNP and after resigning from my job as a preacher I have made a section hike over the next few years a goal. When my kids are in college and I've got enough years in teaching to get full retirement (13 years to go), then I'm thru-hiking, by golly. Gotta lose about 25 more pounds to start my overnight trips (May 18), so I can sleep in the woods with out having to plug in my sleep apnea machine.

Love the site.
    Good luck with the weight loss and if you want some support check out this thread.
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lemni Skate View Post

Love the site.
    Welcome to WB! Hope you find the vast tips and experience helpful. Keep working toward your goal . . . you can do it!

Default Hello there

Hello there,
    Thanks for all for letting me to know about this forum. My name is Shaun and i am from India. One of my friend told me about his site. Cheers to all and lets share our different views together.

Green Tunnnnnel Zommmmbie!

...And Hello!

Just registered here after 400+ miles now. I'll look in now and then, as time and access permit of course.... after all, there are all of those up hills and down hills to fill my day already!
    How Can The Words Be More Important Than The Poem?

~~~~~~~~~~

"Hike Faster! I Hear Banjo Music Ahead!"

AT Photos Alla PRIVY MONSTER!

Talking G'Day from Oz

G'Day from 'Down under',
    I just joined from Western Australia, and hope to communticate with you lovely people about hiking in the NE of Georgia. I will be travelling there later this year and can't wait!
    Cheers
    Vik.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Vik View Post
    G'Day from 'Down under',
    I just joined from Western Australia, and hope to communticate with you lovely people about hiking in the NE of Georgia. I will be travelling there later this year and can't wait!
    Cheers
    Vik.
    Welcome to Whiteblaze Vik.
    You can never appreciate the shade of a tree unless you sweat in the sun.-- Author Unknown

Thank you so much Doggiebag.
    Love your dog pic!

Images

Vik, I'm new here too...but I've been hiking and (mostly)fishing in GA for a few years now ( whoo boy, I'm getting old!) I might not be the best help with trail conditions since I have spent more of my time in the water than on the trail, but I'd be glad to help if you need it. I'm about 30 minutes from the mountains and 45-60 minutes from the AT.
    " Where do they get their Cheetos?" - Lil' Joe - some storeless town in central PA, 2004

Default new

Hello,

New to the forum. Actually, I have been lurking for a short time. There was no need to post questions because the search link is my friend. Keep posting and I will keep reading. Atoll and SGT Rock, thanks for a great site.

sneaker

Default new to whiteblaze

hey everyone!
    i am new to whiteblaze and am just learning how to navigate through it. i really appreciate and enjoy reading the posts and threads. all of your advice is really helpful. i plan to thru-hike next year (starting in early April 2009). i am a 23 year-old woman from PA looking to meet some potential companions that mayb be starting around the same time. my email is [email protected] please feel free to email or leave me messages on whiteblaze if you wish. i look foward to hearing from any of you!
    peace, yogimeg

Hi,
    I have been wanting to thru hike that AT ever since '94 when I hiked the NC/Tenn section with a outwardbound type youth camp(yes I was one of those annoying kids everyone complains about in their journals).
    14 years later, now I'm 27 and I am planning on doing my hike either 2009 or 2010
    I joined this site because I am trying to gather as much info as possible before I start my journey... I don't want to end up being one of the statistical hikers who starts out with big plans but falls short for various reasons.
    I have a pretty good idea of how much cash needs to be saved, and I am also pretty comfortable with what gear I will be needing/using. So as far as I can tell the only thing that could stop my hike short once it starts is if I get injured(and even then it will need to be a pretty serious injury)... I know for sure I will not lose motivation because i have been dreaming of doing this for at least 8 years, and I am pretty athletic/fit for the hike...
    anyway I just wanted to post here and introduce myself....

Stay cool,
    greasy

Hi! I've been hiking the eastern portions of Pennsylvania's Appalachians for years now. Found this place from a passerby who was thru hiking and yo-yo-ing cars. I'm hoping this community can help me find people to meet up with and develop my skills with. I'm looking forward to learning from you all!

Quote Originally Posted by Steppin View Post
    Hi! I've been hiking the eastern portions of Pennsylvania's Appalachians for years now. Found this place from a passerby who was thru hiking and yo-yo-ing cars. I'm hoping this community can help me find people to meet up with and develop my skills with. I'm looking forward to learning from you all!
    Welcome to White Blaze! Check the articles section on the left side of the front page. There is a lot of useful information there. Don't be afraid to ask questions and be prepared to ignore some of lunacy going on here. Most of it is just in fun. Happy Trails!

Images

Hello All, I am new to the world of hiking. In January I joined the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Hike for Discovery. We did training hikes on sections of the AT to prepare for an event hike in the Rocky Mountains. We were well prepared. I have come to love hiking and am looking forward to next years Hike for Discovery. I am hoping to be able to find the funds and the time to do a thru hike before I am 45 (2015) Being a single mother of two girls makes it hard...but I got determination on my side. I have found alot of helpful advice on this site and visit daily. Thank you for providing such a great forum.

Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++