WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Thanks, gang! I appreciate the welcome.

Images

Question about avatars..sorry if this has been posted before, if so please point me in the right direction. How do I upload a custom photo for my avatar? Thanks in advance, and again, thanks for the warm welcome here.

Journal Entries
    Images

We have set the avatars so that only donating members can upload personal avatars. We did this to try to encourage donations to help us with the offset of the cost of running this web site. The answer to your question would be, only donating members can upload avatars and anyone else can only use the avatars provided by the web site.
    AT Troll (2010)
    Time does not wait for you, it keeps on rolling.

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

"No matter how thin you slice it, it's still Bologna" Cape078's Avatar

I think this is whare I'm suppose to post something like this.?.?.?

I think your site is Amazing, and far more usful than anything I have stumbled upon on the Web. Just wanted to Say Thanks, and also Hello.

Cape

P.S. I like to tell people to "Pee up a rope", that usually gets the message acrossed too.LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Cape078 View Post
    I think this is whare I'm suppose to post something like this.?.?.?

I think your site is Amazing, and far more usful than anything I have stumbled upon on the Web. Just wanted to Say Thanks, and also Hello.

Cape

P.S. I like to tell people to "Pee up a rope", that usually gets the message acrossed too.LOL
    that P.S. was in reference to your "Pack Sand" comment

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    I really wish I could. But my job sucks. I only have two weeks vacation a year and one of those weeks is manditory for our shut down week. The other one I am trying to save for Trail Days.

I can not wait until 2010 when I can tell them to pack sand.
    This one, sorry, I'm new here...

Default Better late than never...

This site is terrific -- very helpful info w/out the sales pitch. Preparing for first hike (10 day) summer '08, with more later. Reading up & looking at gear, etc. Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    Welcome to the WhiteBlaze Network!

The WhiteBlaze Network was created by a community of Appalachian Trail enthusiasts. Its intended purpose is to provide a forum for free exchange of ideas about the Appalachian Trail including its history, supporting the trail, hiking the trail, and general issues important to those that enjoy the Appalachian Trail.

This site is not about any one person or their idea of what the Appalachian Trail should be or to dictate to you (the hiker) how the trail is supposed to be used. We leave that for you to decide. Interact with the other members to get a better idea of what others on the trail are thinking and maybe you will get a better idea of what it is all about.

If you have any questions, don't look for an administrator with all the answers, even about how to run this site. Instead, come in and ask the members. Become a member, and you are equally as important as the rest of us.

So come on in and enjoy yourself!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[email protected]

Default Time to commit

I have been dreaming about thru hiking for nine years now. Much of the information here has and will continue to prove very valuable. Dont know why i didnt join any sooner! Thank you for making this a part of your lives!

Hello,

I ran across this site while looking for trail information in Georgia. I live in Utah, and have done plenty of hiking out west, with Canyonlands NP being my favorite place. I will be in Georgia for three months, and would like to get some miles in back east. I'm sure I will have a few questions here and there.

Thanks

Images

Quote Originally Posted by ebp_em1 View Post
    Hello,

I ran across this site while looking for trail information in Georgia. I live in Utah, and have done plenty of hiking out west, with Canyonlands NP being my favorite place. I will be in Georgia for three months, and would like to get some miles in back east. I'm sure I will have a few questions here and there.

Thanks
    Welcome to WhiteBlaze ebp em1. Glad you 'found' us. There is a lot of good folks here with timeless information

Hi,

I hope you don't mind me "crashing" your site. I am not from around there, but live in New Mexico. However, I just can't seem to find a really active hiking site (that isn't all long hikes).

I am a day hiker and also like to do some scrambling (climbing without equipment). I am a newbie to hiking/climbing and have a lot to learn, hence my desire to ask questions and have an active community to go in to. Sadly I doubt you'all know about desert hiking. But still, I'm sure I can learn a lot of other stuff.

--des

Images

Quote Originally Posted by desdemona View Post
    Hi,

I hope you don't mind me "crashing" your site. I am not from around there, but live in New Mexico. However, I just can't seem to find a really active hiking site (that isn't all long hikes).

I am a day hiker and also like to do some scrambling (climbing without equipment). I am a newbie to hiking/climbing and have a lot to learn, hence my desire to ask questions and have an active community to go in to. Sadly I doubt you'all know about desert hiking. But still, I'm sure I can learn a lot of other stuff.

--des
    Welcome to WhiteBlaze desdemona. There are people here from all over the country and, I'm sure, some have hiked in the desert as well as rock scrambled

Default Georgia hiker helper

Quote Originally Posted by ebp_em1 View Post
    Hello,

Thanks
    My trail name is Moses. I live about 5 miles from Bloodmountain and Neels Gap. I have done all the Georgia section and might be of some help to you. Let me know how I can help.
    User name is bloodmountainman@yah
    Moses

Hey...
    My Fiance and I will be hiking the Appalachian Trail From Springer Mountain to Mount Kathadrin for our honeymoon in March 2009. I am just surf the site to find some information I'm looking for to help me. Appericate your help

OMC

Hello!

Very nice site here, I'm just starting to find my way around.

My daughter is planning a through-hike. I'd like to keep track of her progress here.

Thanks for all the great info here, now I'm going to explore some more....

Images

Well, welcome to WhiteBlaze Chef McAlevy and fuddy. There is a fine group of people here that can answer any questions you have about the AT and hiking in general

Default glad to be here

hotmail sent my activation info to my junkmail file but im sure this site will prove to be anything but junk. i hiked 2/3 of the trail last year & had a fantastic time the whole way (well most of the way anyway) hoping to find some familiar faces here

Images

Glad you enjoyed your hike rockhound

Quote Originally Posted by rockhound View Post
    hotmail sent my activation info to my junkmail file but im sure this site will prove to be anything but junk. i hiked 2/3 of the trail last year & had a fantastic time the whole way (well most of the way anyway) hoping to find some familiar faces here
    Which direction did you go and when were you on the trail?? Your name sounds familiar.
    Oh and

just signed on to whiteblaze. still getting my feet wet, but from what ive seen so far it makes me wonder why i didnt sign up sooner. i hiked 2/3 of the trail last year. time was a factor. i still need to make $ sometimes. but looking forward to hiking another good portion this year.(some overlap) maybe I'll do the whole thing in 1 year in the upcoming years, but if not , thats O.K.too. the traildays theme this year says it all for me. "the journey is the destination" unfortunately i won't be there for trail days this year because i just found out ill be working! DOH! I'm sure I'll still meet a lot of great people in my travels. thanks for the site. it's great

Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++