WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast

:banana

Hello all you AT hikers!

I am a mom back in Colorado and my son is hiking the trail. He is now in Pearisburg, VA and has separated from his buddy. If anyone sees him give him a hug from his mom, I think he is referred to as Aesop. I would love it if I can talk to some of you folks and see how you are doing and where you come from. Ttfn

Mom

hi guys, my name is Igor, i m from eastern Europe, i m here only one year, but i had honor to meet the Appalachian mountains already twice, my first time was last summer in Shenandoah where i spent my honey moon. Two days ago i was in Delaware Water Gap, it was gorgeous, i really like, and i have big hope to become a member of your group, and to enjoy the hiking with you guys and my wonderful wife

hello, ive decided to stop creeping and join the site. ive been hiking a few years now, mainly out west in cold weather, and am hoping to thruhike one day. just wanted to say hi and hopefully pick up a few tips from yall!

I've been reading articles on this site for several days now, and finally caught up on the forums enough to where I think I'm ready to jump in.

I'm planning a NOBO thru-hike for next year, and am just trying to soak up as much information as I can before I hit the road. Lots of great info on this site so far, thanks so much to the folks who created and maintain it!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt'smom View Post
    Hello all you AT hikers!

I am a mom back in Colorado and my son is hiking the trail. He is now in Pearisburg, VA and has separated from his buddy. If anyone sees him give him a hug from his mom, I think he is referred to as Aesop. I would love it if I can talk to some of you folks and see how you are doing and where you come from. Ttfn

Mom
    I met your son in Damascus and he is a great trail representative. Triple AAA all the way. through his Actions, Attitude and Ability. This can be said of only a small portion of thru hikers. You did a great job raising him mom.

Hi everybody,

Just wanted to say hi........ it's good to know that there are so many cool dudes and dudetts that like to walk! i've been reading over some of the threads and it seems like you lot are a cool bunch, which is a breath of fresh air because i was worried that people walking the AT might be as loony as me!! I will be attempting to thru hike the AT NOBO 2010 which is very exciting! I'm an Aussie working on yachts; opposite ends of the spectrum! going to trade those sea legs in for some trail legs! I'm sure this is the right place for me..... so many knowledgeable funny people i can learn from!! Anyway just wanted to introduce myself

Psy Bass

Long time visitor. First time member. Met a guy (Wish I could remember his name) working at Mountain Crossings a year or so ago who told me about the site. Thanks for the discussion. Looking forward to being a part of it.

Thought I'd chip in here with a good hearty hello. New to all this stuff, never really backpacked a day in my life (walked plenty in town though). Hoping to get the $ for cheap gear and to have a shot at the AT in 2011 or maybe 2012 if things don't line up!

Later

Images

Quote Originally Posted by slickgoku View Post
    Thought I'd chip in here with a good hearty hello. New to all this stuff, never really backpacked a day in my life (walked plenty in town though). Hoping to get the $ for cheap gear and to have a shot at the AT in 2011 or maybe 2012 if things don't line up!

Later
    I'm so confused, I'm not sure if I lost my horse or found a rope.

Hey all. Just joined up, hell of a site you guys have. Living in central NJ and going to school near Albany, NY. Not sure about a thru-hike, but I have some friends at home who like hiking and camping for a few days to a week at a time. Just checking in and hoping to sponge off some knowledge from ye Wise Men/Women of the Mountains.

Just wanted to say hello to all. I will be starting my thru hike in the spring of '10 and have begun the planning (and learning!) for my trip. I have done lots of day and weekend hikes, but never anything on this scale yet. I have found this site very valuable for tips and insights so far, and hope to be able to contribute, myself, in the future.

Default Newbie here!

Hey guys what’s up? My name is Alex, I’m 25 and been living in LA for about the past 3 years. It’s a pretty awesome place to live! Not to mention some great trails to ride on. There’s this crazy one in Alta Dena I did recently, super fun!
    I love music, live shows, the beach, hiking, surfing and mountain biking. I work for an awesome company; Klondike, yeah like the ice cream. Hehe…anywho, glad to have joined up with this community, hope to chat with you all soon.

They ask me to use one plate. Buffet's Avatar

Hello. I am Buffet. I hike on the AT. Thanks for this groovy forum!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by blazinfire View Post
    Hey guys what’s up? My name is Alex, I’m 25 and been living in LA for about the past 3 years. It’s a pretty awesome place to live! Not to mention some great trails to ride on. There’s this crazy one in Alta Dena I did recently, super fun!
    I love music, live shows, the beach, hiking, surfing and mountain biking. I work for an awesome company; Klondike, yeah like the ice cream. Hehe…anywho, glad to have joined up with this community, hope to chat with you all soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffet View Post
    Hello. I am Buffet. I hike on the AT. Thanks for this groovy forum!
    Alex, Buffet, welcome! This is a good site, probably the best overall backpacking site anywhere. All of us hope you enjoy it.

As for Alex, yeah, we've got some pretty good hiking trails out here, and you don't even need to bring a stove to cook your food over an open fire at this time of year! Alta Dena is a good place to stay out of right now, though.

Glad you're both here.

The Weasel
    "Thank God! there is always a Land of Beyond, For us who are true to the trail..." --- Robert Service

Howdy All I cant believe I didn't find this web site until now. April 1st 1981 I started what was supposed to be a thru hike. It didn't turn out that way. Left Springer mountain on April 2ND, made it to Damascus Va. Where we were informed about the murder of two AT hikers between there and pearisburg. Skipped that section went to pearisburg stayed at the hostel and supported and received support from my AT class family. After we were cleared to leave and continue, I made it to my home state of Massachusetts. Had run into some bad water (filters were not as good then lol) Got real sick and went home for a week. Hiked into Vermont and ran out of time. a new job was starting. IN 82 and 83 continued to move the hiking stick forward. Until I climbed My Katahdin. To me the hike was completed. But it was not so in 2007 went down to pearisburg and hiked to Damascus. Truly finished now!! Look forward to sharing stories and discovering changes that have taken place along the AT I hope some of my 81Er's are here. Looking at the threads I have alot of reading to do lol

Hello everyone,
    I just stopped by to say hi. I'm hoping to to thru-hike the AT sometime in the next few years (2011 or 2012). Right now, I have very little backpacking experiance so I'm going to need all the help I can get and this seems like the place.
    http://alazyexplorer.blogspot.com/
    Ιησούς Χριστός Θεού Ύιός Σωτήρ

hello everyone,

I'm peter.
    I'm new to this site.

Howdy - wanted to say 'Hi' - lots of good information here. Thanks for pointing me in this directions, Attroll!

I hear the AT calling...
    Do or do not; there is no try - Yoda
    'I'm the only John Wayne left in this town'

Default Hi

Just popping in here to say 'hi' and that I'm new! I'm guessing this thread serves as a sort of intro. I'm literally gearing up to start much longer hikes along the AT (I currently live in Atl, GA) and I figured if any place was a fount of wisdom, it would be here

Journal Entries
    Images

Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++