WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast

So, I just joined this WB thing (obviously) and I am beginning to think I should have done so BEFORE I thru hiked last year :0) So much information.... anyways, I have not fully recovered from my trail experience. The St. Patty's day party at Low Gap hosted by Geek and Boudan (sp??) just made it worse... I need the hiking community in my life. So, here I am.

When's your next hike?

Whenever I can put together enough money to head back out! I have to be a productive citizen for a little while first. But, I am always halfway out the door :0)

Default Hi Everyone

Hi everyone, I'm new here and am coming over from Britain in May to experience the AT after a year of dreaming about it.

Images

And have a nice hike.
    "That's the thing about possum innards - they's just as good the second day." - Jed Clampett

Default Hi there

I am John. I am just joining this site to pick up hints for the AT. I've just gotten into hiking at the young age of 42, and am 44 now. I am located in Brandon, MS, where there are no hills.

I've done some day hikes on the AT and am looking to do some overnights down the road. I am a novice at hiking and may ask some goofy questions, so please bear with me. I look forward to sharing information and stepping up my hiking.

Thanks much and see y'all on the trails...

JMB

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi Slowpoke View Post
    I am John. I am just joining this site to pick up hints for the AT. I've just gotten into hiking at the young age of 42, and am 44 now. I am located in Brandon, MS, where there are no hills.

I've done some day hikes on the AT and am looking to do some overnights down the road. I am a novice at hiking and may ask some goofy questions, so please bear with me. I look forward to sharing information and stepping up my hiking.

Thanks much and see y'all on the trails...

JMB

Welcome to WB. I joined about a year ago and have really enjoyed all the sharing. Hike on!!
    You are never too old.

Default Hiking in the Rangeley Area

Hello All, I just discovered this site and joined. Looking forward to reading the Forum and sharing information. I will be camping in the Rangeley Lake area, and was seeking suggestions for good trails. I plan to hike Saddleback, but would be thankful for othre good summit trails or scenic loops, etc. Thanks

Hi Folks,
    I was told about this site from a friend. I have backpacked for many years and have hiked the AT, CT and JMT. I hike the Adirondacks often and explore other areas as well. I hope to be able to help others wishing to hike the longs trails, too.
    Trailchef

Hi everyone!

I have been reading from this forum for a least a handful of months, but just joined a couple days ago. I have been hiking around New Hampshire my entire life with some stints in Maine, but I have already learned so much more about long distance from reading the forum articles. I'm graduating from UMaine this spring and hope to start my northbound trip with a friend of mine in late May (late I know!). I've basically been sponging up as much information I can before we leave since we'll have to make some serious time to beat the Baxter Park deadline (which Ive gotten burned on before on weekend hikes near the closing date) and I really appreciate the amount of information and laid back attitude a lot of you have on this site. I hope to be more active as the days near and I can't concentrate on anything but getting to Georgia.

Hey Dearborn. . . . . . just wondering if you're leaving in late May if you've considered hiking southbound. . . could be easier for you schedule-wise. . .

Indeed. We've had a few long discussions about it, and one fairly recently since time considerations are I guess more "real" than when we were talking about it a few years ago, but we're still fairly solid on going nobo. It's not that we would like to do it the "traditional" way (typically not our style of hiking), but we're natives to the northeast mountains and really like the idea of "walking home". Haha, also I've attempted to climb Katahdin 4 times now and the Baxter park folks havn't let me on the mountain once. I figure it would be a sweet way to finish; fifth time's a charm

I too wanted to thank you got this great site. I am planing my thru-hike for 2012-2013, and this site is great for my preparation. I grew up in Florida, and now live in south Carolina near the foot hills, they will be my training ground for now, or I possibly will hike the Florida trail back home. What ever the case I will be sure to uload photoes of my jorneys. Thanks agaian for this wonderful site.

I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake
    Images

Just wanted to say what a great community of users here there are.

I've only been a member for a short amount of time but the AT information gleaned has been substantial.

Everyone is very friendly and if the people I meet out on the AT later this month are even 1/2 as nice, I will be in great company.

this is a awesome site im here evey evening checking things out lots of informataion here

Hi everyone!! My husband and I just joined this site. We were section hiking this past weekend next to the James River and up to Thunder Hill shelter. We happened to see a bumper sticker on a car with this web address. Great site! Our biggest problems with section hiking is hitching rides and would love to have contacts in the Va. and NC areas. Any help? Hope to one day meet some of you on the trail.

Quote Originally Posted by whistler/sunshine View Post
    Hi everyone!! My husband and I just joined this site. We were section hiking this past weekend next to the James River and up to Thunder Hill shelter. We happened to see a bumper sticker on a car with this web address. Great site! Our biggest problems with section hiking is hitching rides and would love to have contacts in the Va. and NC areas. Any help? Hope to one day meet some of you on the trail.
    Welcome to WB. Glad to have you here.
    You are never too old.

Colonial Heights, Tennessee, United States
    Images

Default Hello Everyone!

I have visited before and after much thought, decided to make the AT my life goal! This past winter I was diangosed with have early onset RA and seeing how it effected my Grandfather, I do not want to see life pass me by.
    While I am able, I have made it my goal to hike the AT... sections at a time. I hope to see many of you on the trail and best wishes!

Justkeepwalking

Images

Quote Originally Posted by whistler/sunshine View Post
    We are plaaning to hike this section next month. There were numerous fires a year or so ago nearby. Did the trail go through any burnedout areas? How is the water availability?
    Arise, walk through the land in the length of it and in the breadth of it; for I will give it unto thee. Gen 13:17

new to site, thru hike has been a dream of mine since I went backpacking with my daughter's girl scout troop 20 years ago. Mind is wlling not sure if the body is tho. Maybe if I visit this site enough times I will get the finally push. Have done some volunteering at the HQ in HF when my daughter was at a local college. Have hiked about 200 miles. Site is terrific source of info and inspiration.

Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++