WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Images

Default Who Cares Where Jester Is??

when most people visit my hometown, washington dc, they like to take in the historical majesty of this city. many visit the monuments to our country and it's founders, or perhaps take in a museum to be awed by the ancient works of man.

the case was no different for our very own jester. he called me yesterday to report that he had some time to kill b/t trains and could be found at the capitol city brewery, indeed one of the finest commemorations to modern ingenuity.

jester was on the first leg of his journey yesterday; today likely finds him on a train somewhere between chicago & california.

best of luck dude, we'll miss you while you're gone!
    "The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive." -TJ

Angry I don't care.

10BC I hv2
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

OK, I care a little. I was thinking of sending him something. Perhaps pieces from a set, where all the little pieces don't weigh much but added together weigh a lot.

Maybe little lead Civil War soldiers?
    Pieces of a stone chess set?
    Some kind of wood puzzle?
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea

Images

Quote Originally Posted by the goat View Post
    jester was on the first leg of his journey yesterday...
    At first glance I thought this said he was on his first keg of his journey... I guess that was also true.
    If not NOW, then WHEN?

ME>GA 2006
    http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?trailname=3277

Instagram hiking photos: five.leafed.clover

Just got a call from Jester. He arrived in Chicago and has a couple of hours before his connection to LA. Did that earthquake during the night out there have anything to do with his passing through that part of the county? I wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by Alligator View Post
    OK, I care a little. I was thinking of sending him something. Perhaps pieces from a set, where all the little pieces don't weigh much but added together weigh a lot.

Maybe little lead Civil War soldiers?
    Pieces of a stone chess set?
    Some kind of wood puzzle?
    That would be a great idea. One encyclopedia at a time?
    http://www.alphabluetech.com/kjhanlon
    Enjoy it while it's wild. Soon enough we'll be hiking indoors.

Quote Originally Posted by X-LinkedHiker View Post
    That would be a great idea. One encyclopedia at a time?
    Or even one or two letters, let Q and V.

Or a locked combination box, with something interesting inside. Give the numbers over several drops.
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea

...your worst nightmare!
    Journal Entries
    Images

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Jesters Mom View Post
    Just got a call from Jester. He arrived in Chicago and has a couple of hours before his connection to LA. Did that earthquake during the night out there have anything to do with his passing through that part of the county? I wonder.
    Hmmm...you may be onto something there!

Jester is currently in Venice Beach, pumpin' iron & gettin' all tatted up. Heading south towards the border tomorrow, where I will eat Taco Bell & start hiking. Love to all the chaps!
    Drab as a Fool, as aloof as a Bard!

http://www.wizardsofthepct.com

Default Jester does Venice Beach

Quote Originally Posted by Jester2000 View Post
    Jester is currently in Venice Beach, pumpin' iron & gettin' all tatted up.
    And apparently not using the proper SPF. I spoke to him last night & he indicated he had achieved somewhat of a "base sunburn" during his first day on Venice Beach. He also suffered a crisis of conscience when he was confronted with unbelievably cheap & cool Mexican tchotchkes for sale. Since space is at a premium for our intrepid PCT hiker, he was forced to say no to a ginuwine Mexican wrestling mask. I think we can all appreciate the not-so-small sacrifice this represents for a man who likes nothing better than to acquire unique and interesting headgear. (Incidentally, anyone who has mastered Photoshop may want to take that to heart...)

He also mentioned to me that he is kind of known for sending utterly useless & ridiculous packages to his "friends" when they are hiking, strictly for his evil enjoyment. In case anyone would be interested in sending him a big old box of payback, he has kindly posted his scheduled maildrops in the PCT forum, and I think everyone who has ever been the butt (ouch) of a Jester Joke Package should kindly return the favor.

And let's try to keep this thread going so he knows how much we miss him & are thinking of him & all that other crap.

Happy Earth Day.

Quote Originally Posted by the goat View Post
    he called me yesterday to report that he had some time to kill b/t trains and could be found at the capitol city brewery, indeed one of the finest commemorations to modern ingenuity.
    Had dinner there a few weeks ago. Very nice!

Have a great hike Jester!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeps in Hotels View Post

He also mentioned to me that he is kind of known for sending utterly useless & ridiculous packages to his "friends" when they are hiking, strictly for his evil enjoyment. In case anyone would be interested in sending him a big old box of payback, he has kindly posted his scheduled maildrops in the PCT forum, and I think everyone who has ever been the butt (ouch) of a Jester Joke Package should kindly return the favor.

Happy Earth Day.
    HHHMMMMM, payback time!!!!!
    Blister "Bitchen" Sister

Default Jester

Jester just called me. He's in Laguna and is hiking with Laces (whose name may change to cache killer) and another girl whose name I don't think I can put on here. Sounds like he's having a great time and is feeling good. He'll call again when he gets to Warner Springs - in about 80 miles.

Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar

I saw Jester at the KO. So far, looks like he is enjoying himself quite a bit.
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti
    http://pmags.com
    Twitter: @pmagsco
    Facebook: pmagsblog

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

Images

Jester just called me. He's in Laguna and is hiking with Laces (whose name may change to cache killer) and another girl whose name I don't think I can put on here. Sounds like he's having a great time and is feeling good. He'll call again when he gets to Warner Springs - in about 80 miles.
    Well, we can call her "SOL" and let people come to their own conclusions. She also goes by the name "Nice Leg". I believe Laces was an 06' AT Sobo. Jester is a smart man to team up with 2 nice females. How long they will tolerate his shenanigans is another story.
    Anything's within walking distance if you've got the time.
    GA-ME 03, LT 04/06, PCT 07'

Quote Originally Posted by A-Train View Post
    Well, we can call her "SOL" and let people come to their own conclusions. She also goes by the name "Nice Leg". I believe Laces was an 06' AT Sobo. Jester is a smart man to team up with 2 nice females. How long they will tolerate his shenanigans is another story.
    Laces was almost also known as the librarian at the adzpctko according to a few people. She is a great person and a '06 2000miler, I believe there are actually somewhere around 7 or 8 '06ers who are pcting this year. Some of you currently on the AT may have met Glo-Worm who did Springer to Damascus as his warm up, he is also an '06er I got a message from him yesterday that he was in Warner Springs. But I got to meet Jester at the KO this year and it was a great time, if I had some boots I probably would have headed out a ways with them.
    If you never try you've already failed ~ Me?? Somebody else??

Jester is in Warner Springs, where hikers soak both their feet and their livers. Took a zero yesterday and am leaving today. Still hiking with SOL, but Laces and J.B. are both a bit ahead. Now also hiking around Too Obtuse and Breather; we all shared a room along with SamIAm and Origami (who are heading home today).

Still having a great time in the high desert. I'll post again when I can.
    Drab as a Fool, as aloof as a Bard!

http://www.wizardsofthepct.com

Jester called me Saturday evening. He was in a motel in Warner Springs, got a shower and feels good. He'll be doing laundry and supplying there and then heading off hiking again. He's doing really well and is with 3 or 4 other hikers. He was hiking for a few days with Laces, but she's gone on ahead. He'll be in Idyllwild probably this Friday and will call again from there. I'll keep you posted.

Registered User Frolicking Dinosaurs's Avatar
    Images

Wonderful news and a big Dino hug for Moma jester.

LT '79; AT '73-'14 in sections; Donating Member Kerosene's Avatar
    Images

Hey, I remember Too Obtuse! He took a nice picture of me (well, at least a nice picture of the view with me in the middle) from the viewpoint off Sugar Run Mountain looking down the ridgeline towards Pearisburg on May 31, 2005. He was hiking with Colonel Mustard and Knees (formerly CoreyZ on WhiteBlaze). Great trail name.
    GA←↕→ME: 1973 to 2014

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++