WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Images

A certain member from the "WomenHikers" community gave us a report on y'all out there....and I have to tell ya....I am so jealous.

I hope you have a beautiful hike.

LOTS of adrenaline out there on the PCT right now.

You will be missed dearly Jester. I'll save you a Cleveland microbrew.

http://www.facebook.com/themissjanet Miss Janet's Avatar
    Images

Exclamation I Care!!!!

This will be the first year since 2000 that I haven't enjoyed Jester's special shenanigans at Trail Days or in my house!! I hope he is having a great hike out there.

Images

i care. jester, get a mohawk.
    hey hey, my my

Musta notta gotta lotta sleep last night. Heater's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jester2000 View Post
    Jester is in Warner Springs, where hikers soak both their feet and their livers. Took a zero yesterday and am leaving today. Still hiking with SOL, but Laces and J.B. are both a bit ahead. Now also hiking around Too Obtuse and Breather; we all shared a room along with SamIAm and Origami (who are heading home today).

Still having a great time in the high desert. I'll post again when I can.
    In keeping with the thread subject... Who cares? Go away!

Default Jester - Idyllwild

Jester called me this morning. He got into Idyllwild last night. Had originally planned to take a zero day today, but decided to hike on. He's hiking with SOL, As Advertised, Too Obtuse and HR Huff-n-Puff (formerly Breather). A couple of other hikers, Panama and Ratzo, are also close by. His blisters are getting better. Had to do some road hiking to avoid the San Jacinto fires. He plans to be in Big Bear City around May 14. He also wanted to give a big THANK YOU to the hikers who supply the water caches out there - he's very grateful to them for their unbelievably hard work in getting water to the caches.

i could care less where jester is. as long as his momma is home baking chocalate and banana cakes for me and mathewski is all that matters. damn, that lady can bake!. thank you again.
    oh hey jester.

Default Cakes

Thank you, Lone Wolf. Hope you and Matty enjoyed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    i could care less where jester is. as long as his momma is home baking chocalate and banana cakes for me and mathewski is all that matters. damn, that lady can bake!. thank you again.
    oh hey jester.

I know where I stand in the grand scheme of things . . . and right now where I stand is Big Bear City. Leaving this morning at some point. Had a great time last night with Spiderwoman & her father, Poppa Bear, and about thirty other hikers. Who says this trail isn't a social experience, exactly? Missing Trail Days but having a blast out West.

Can only dread what's happening to my lifesize cardboard cutout. . .
    Drab as a Fool, as aloof as a Bard!

http://www.wizardsofthepct.com

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jester2000 View Post
    I know where I stand in the grand scheme of things . . . and right now where I stand is Big Bear City. Leaving this morning at some point. Had a great time last night with Spiderwoman & her father, Poppa Bear, and about thirty other hikers. Who says this trail isn't a social experience, exactly? Missing Trail Days but having a blast out West.

Can only dread what's happening to my lifesize cardboard cutout. . .
    Didn't you read the thread title? No one cares where you are.
    Anything's within walking distance if you've got the time.
    GA-ME 03, LT 04/06, PCT 07'

Hey Jester just talked to Glo-worm he and JB are in Wrightwood today.
    If you never try you've already failed ~ Me?? Somebody else??

Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar

Jester was spotted at Trail Daze.

From http://www.damascus.org/td08/td0832.jpg

Paul "Mags" Magnanti
    http://pmags.com
    Twitter: @pmagsco
    Facebook: pmagsblog

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

Jester is at Mojave River Fork Reservoir Dam on Route 173. A trail angel named Marlene had just brought them cold sodas. Temperature is in the 100's - very hot and windy. Yesterday he was at Deep Creek Hot Springs and got a chance to soak his blistered feet and take a swim. He's hiking with SOL, As Advertised, HR Huff-n-Puff, Doc and Marty, Smooth Criminal, Spider Woman, Coop and Old School. They had just gone through what he says should be called rattlesnake alley since they were hiking around hundreds of rattlesnakes. He expects to be in Wrightwood on Friday and then at the Saufleys a couple of days after that. Hike's going well and he's having a great time - what a surprise.

ba chomp, ba chewy chewy chomp chomp's Avatar

Default Location Update

Talked to Jester last night, he is in the town of Wrightwood, CA> His feet are doing better, but he was chased off the trail by a pretty fierce snowstorm around 8000 feet. Everyone in his group made it off the mountain safely, and are now resting in town for today. Apparently heading north will be a problem, as the next mountain (its the big one in the desert section and has a hyphenated name - PCTers, help me out with this.) is completly snowed in. Some other hikers in town had tried to climb it but turned around because the trail was impassable. If it warms up, he might try the hike, otherwise it will be a long road-walk around.

Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chomp View Post
    Tn (its the big one in the desert section and has a hyphenated name - PCTers, help me out with this.)

It is Baden-Powell (aka the Boy Scout mountain).

A walk around would indeed be long; but so would post-holing through snow. :O
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti
    http://pmags.com
    Twitter: @pmagsco
    Facebook: pmagsblog

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

Images

Quote Originally Posted by chomp View Post
    Talked to Jester last night, he is in the town of Wrightwood, CA> His feet are doing better, but he was chased off the trail by a pretty fierce snowstorm around 8000 feet. Everyone in his group made it off the mountain safely, and are now resting in town for today. Apparently heading north will be a problem, as the next mountain (its the big one in the desert section and has a hyphenated name - PCTers, help me out with this.) is completly snowed in. Some other hikers in town had tried to climb it but turned around because the trail was impassable. If it warms up, he might try the hike, otherwise it will be a long road-walk around.
    Wow, what a difference a year makes on the PCT. Last year the mountain was snow free. He is smart in taking his time. I can't believe some folks are approaching Kennedy Meadows already. Not sure what they're gonna do.
    Anything's within walking distance if you've got the time.
    GA-ME 03, LT 04/06, PCT 07'

They'll wait, go stir crazy, and spend a lot of time and money waiting til they can continue.

Sounds to me like Jester knows what he's doing, which shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone who knows him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Tarlin View Post
    Sounds to me like Jester knows what he's doing.
    Well, I sort of know what I'm doing sometimes. But what's been definitively proven by science is that I either know where I am but not how fast I'm going, or I know my speed but not where I am.

And I know where I am right now -- at the Saufley's in Agua Dulce. Did indeed have to roadwalk the closed section of Route 2 around Baden-Powell. A lot of hikers managed to get to the top, but couldn't find the route down the other side and turned back to town, and a number of others bailed off the side and bushwacked (snow whacked?) off the side and down chutes to Route 2. While here I finally heard of hikers making it over.

Rough on Route 2 -- lots of rockfall, snow on the road, and fog that dropped the temp during the day from 57 degrees down to 31. Freezing and wet that night, and slept in a picnic area parking lot, but we made it through.

Finished with the western trending San Gabriels now, heading north to the Mojave, where I will switch once again from complaining about the cold to complaining about the heat.

Have seen a Mojave Green Rattler, but am still in search of Shark With Hands. . .
    Drab as a Fool, as aloof as a Bard!

http://www.wizardsofthepct.com

Images

glad you're doing well & having fun, man!
    "The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive." -TJ

usually confused but never lost Fannypack's Avatar

Default Jester in Green Valley, CA

usually confused but never lost Fannypack's Avatar

Default June 18 - Full Moon - Nite hiking?

http://www.sunrisesunset.com/calenda...&want_mphase=1

Jester,
    I noticed that there will be a Full Moon on June 18 , will u be nite hiking?

Details for Mojave, CA on June 18:
    Sunrise: 5:38am
    Sunset: 8:09pm
    Moonrise: 8:40pm
    Moonset: 5:16am
    Full Moon: 9:31am

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++